Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default How did you get from 61-70?

I'm a bit confused, I was really looking forward to these levels, but this has so far been the most painful part. I run out of non-collection quests after about half a level, and with a group I can't get better than like 50k xp per hour grinding (about 12 hours per level). Can't really run instances either.

What kind of times were you getting per level on your group?

I didn't have much problem running out of quests... but I did a LITTLE bit of instancing. I also didn't skip every collection quests. There are some collections you should really just bite the bullet and do even if they are a pain; especially if you are going to grind anyway.

Collection quests = grinding, but with a quest experience reward.

Also, many many collection quests open the way to non-collection quests.

I quested in Hellfire from 58-61ish, but didn't want to hit Zang till atleast 62 so I ran BF through the first boss, ran out reset and repeat till 62. Got about 100k xp an hour, bit more actually. Went to Zang did all the quests there got to about 63.5, again back to BF. 64 hit Tek Forest, back to BF 65.25ish-66. Nagrand, did all the quests there. Did the really fast quest in Blades to get to 68. Fast quests in SMV to get to 69, and then Netherstorm to hit 70. With one of my guys being an enchanter, the BF runs paid for both my epic rider and my normal flyer.
    The Horsemen
    Archimonde - Horde
    4x70 Shaman (85+) - Horsemen
    4x85+ Druids
    4x85+ DKs
    1x 80 Death Knight

W�r | Famine | Pestilenc� | De�th
    Devilsp�wn

Classic - Benediction (Horde)
    LLLL
    WMMLP
    Shamans

I ran into a similar problem, though it was only taking me 8 hours to level (still a long time). I skipped almost all collection quests, and did Ramps to compensate. You can go to Zanga at 61, but make sure to come back to Hellfire for some more quests at 62.

Are you able to do pre-bc dungeons? maybe grind scholo a bit.
    [align=center]5x Druids || Paladin + 4x Shaman
    4x Hunters + Shaman || 4x Warlocks + Priest
    4x Mages || 4x priests|| 4-Melees

1????????10?
    ????????20?????????30?????????40?????????50?????????60?????????70[/align]

Did the hellfire quests from 58 to 60, zangarmarsh from 60-61, ramparts until I hit 62, furnace until I had the mace from the first boss on all my shammies (a bit into 63), one run of slave pens, then underbog from 63 to 67 (trash up to first boss = $$, my vendorchar was sitting at 10k when I hit 67), sethekk halls from 67 to 70 (up to and including first boss). Averaged about 5 to 8 hours per level (from 61 and up) - I guess it can be done faster but I figured I'd go the gold-route and have the levelling a bit slower since I needed to grind epic mount gold at 70 anyway.

I hit 70 a week ago and did all the outlands quests (except a few collection quests) and bought epic flyers yesterday and must say I'm really glad I chose that path (thanks Suvega, hehe). Anyway, I recommend instancing your way up if that option is available to you - the quests are a lot faster with flying mounts at 70
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Default RE: How did you get from 61-70?

Quote Originally Posted by 'heyaz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=91070#post910 70
    I'm a bit confused, I was really looking forward to these levels, but this has so far been the most painful part. I run out of non-collection quests after about half a level, and with a group I can't get better than like 50k xp per hour grinding (about 12 hours per level). Can't really run instances either.

What kind of times were you getting per level on your group?
    If you go to BC at 58, and do every quest including collection quests, you still run out of quests (if you don't do any instances).

This is why a lot of people always say stay on azeroth until 60 if you are 5 boxing.

If you can't instance, imo go back and do the collection quests.

A lot of collection quests in BC lead to some very nice chains, that do have some fast xp parts in them later on, so I would look on thottbot and see what your best options are.

I was in a similar boat on my 5X warlocks, I was lvl 62 and already completely finished with all of HF and Zangarmarsh quests, and I did every collection quest, didnt skip one.
    5x Mages - 80 - Vnla - The Forgotten Coast
    5x Warlocks - 80 - Craan - The Forgotten Coast
    5x Shamans - 80 - Slna - The Forgotten Coast
    5x Paladins - 71 - Regulatea - The Forgotten Coast
    5x Hunter - 15 - Lovaa - The Forgotten Coast
    5x Druid - 23 - Aira - The Forgotten Coast

I dont know what spec your locks are but if you get improved voids as two pets and imp as third you should be able to do ramps BF , slave pens, mana tombs, etc.
    i ran 4 locks and 1 shadow priest this way. (pvp server) did most of lvling in instances. Make locks afflic heavy and you may have to drop imp on some of bosses and make one priest heal voids but it is doable. with right spec

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jaws5',index.php?page=Thread&postID=94280#post942 80
    I dont know what spec your locks are but if you get improved voids as two pets and imp as third you should be able to do ramps BF , slave pens, mana tombs, etc.
    i ran 4 locks and 1 shadow priest this way. (pvp server) did most of lvling in instances. Make locks afflic heavy and you may have to drop imp on some of bosses and make one priest heal voids but it is doable. with right spec

Actually only have 4 toons. The 5th one I never leveled up.

They all hit 65 tonight and I'm mostly out of quests other than a few here and there. Been taking about 12 hours per level lately, mostly having to just grind or do collection quests in between. Of course, a few hours of that is pvp as I tend to drive by gank everyone I see (with consequences - lots of being camped by multiple 70s). So let's say 10 hours per level

Grinding yields about 35-40k per hour unrested (pitiful, I know), and this is doing pulls of 10-12 mobs at once with dots and fear bombing them.

Tried blood furnace tonight with the four to see if clearing the first few rooms of trash and resetting could work for grinding, and so far it looks promising (got cut off by server shutdown). I'm hoping it'll be 1.5-2x faster than regular grinding, and that should be what I need fill in the gaps between quests.

Both priests are shadow and both warlocks are affliction with imp voidwalkers.

Hey

I'd go BF trash till first boss, i did this from 68 to 70 with my mage, with a random cleave party. Exp was about 500 exp a mob, but you slice through them. Can be boring but fast. You can even forget the first boss, because he takes more time.
    Bladefist EU:
    ÖverdöseÒverdòseÓverdóseÔverdôse
    StõmpdòwnStòmpdõwnStómpdõwnStõmpdówn

I've mostly got it down now, it's yielding around 75k per hour. I think I can push around 80k if I get a little more reckless, but I'm tired of summoning new voidwalkers every 2 fights.

So 75k isn't bad. I get 35-40k regular grinding. About 100-120k from fresh quest zones, but that quickly drops down to 50-80k once the quests get spread out and I'm stuck with collection quests.