Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Cattleprod - Reporting AFKers

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...66147696&sid=1

CattleProd is a mod to automatically search a battleground for AFK players and report them using the ReportPlayerIsPVPAFK function added in the 2.2 release.

We don't need it. Only takes 5 people to report
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

I've been considering using this as it will definitely help squeeze out of the AFK's, and it does so without having to click.

Finding someone's name on the map and then duplicating it 5x over is quite annoying for each case. This just let's you worry about the game at hand.

Nah just /tar NAME then click your report macro once. There is an API for it now so you can 1 button script it.

Done
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Magtheridon - US

That's the beauty
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Magtheridon - US

These seem to have a desire often to report people that are guarding flags or corpse walking and the like needlessly. I guess writing an addon that just reports everyone every so often works just as well.

I don't see the point / need for a mod like this to be honest. If I see an AFKer, I'll cheerfully report them but I don't want a potentially flawed tool doing that sort of thing for me.

*shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    The general argument I got was about people playing defense.....

so the mentality is that the opposing side will NEVER attack? Uh.... right.
    Just because you're defending doesn't mean you get attacked. Staying behind to guard a tower till it's destroyed doesn't mean the opposing faction will try to re-take it with you there. Same with graveyards, having 2 or 3 people sitting waiting for it to cap is usually enough of a deterrent to prevent the enemy from retaking it. I've been in some AVs where I get only a couple HK's while defending a tower/GY and others where I get several dozen.

I'll accept that.

Anyway, if you get the debuff, all you have to do is engauge the enemy to get rid of it right? How hard is that to do?
    Say I'm playing Alliance and defending Snowfall until Iceblood or FW cap because Horde just looooves re-taking that and making us res up in the cave causing a turtle.

Horde keeps re-taking IB and FW, so I'm stuck at SF for most of the game. If no horde does come by and try to take it, I see zero action and I'd have to run either up to SH or down to IB to gank horde running by to clear the debuff. Forcing someone to stop defending a tactical point to clear a debuff that was applied automatically by a mod is very bad imo.

OT: HORDE SHOULD NEVER TOUCH IB/SF. ALLIANCE SHOULD NEVER TOUCH SH. Seriously. Doing this will easily double/triple the length of the game for no good reason.

Yeah, they _shouldn't_ need to be defended. If those 3 GYs were never touched by the wrong faction I would charge in and everything would be happy. Too many 1h+ games because there's a couple people who don't understand that capping every GY forces the enemy to res right next to their base and turtle.

/frustrated with AV :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by kadaan
    Yeah, they _shouldn't_ need to be defended. If those 3 GYs were never touched by the wrong faction I would charge in and everything would be happy. Too many 1h+ games because there's a couple people who don't understand that capping every GY forces the enemy to res right next to their base and turtle.

/frustrated with AV :evil:
    A one hour game is _nothing_. I remember when AV would go on for 24+ hours because nobody really understood what the objective was.
    Isn't it the same as the other maps?? All meet in the middle and kill each other...?