Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default [WoW]Problem with macros and genarally making things work.

I play a priest and lock. My priest is the main. My macros are set up like this:

/assist Xsun
    /stopcasting
    /cast <something>

Which is a problem. Cause whenever I try to heal myself I have to switch back targets in order to keep my lock casting stuff. In the end theres just a whole lot of target switching and its really inaffective.

Like this I doubt I will be able to run any instances with both of them =/.

Anyone played this combinations and would like to share their tactics? Any advice at all as to how I should set this up would be greatly appriciated cause I cant get a hang of it.

Well - you could target the enemy and heal yourself that way - cause your trying to self heal.

Or you can get creative with macros like checking if your target is friendly dead an enemy etc.

I'll try find the page on WoW Wiki and link it.

-Slats

Heal yourself without switching targets:
    /cast [target=player] Heal

Heal a your target's target (if friendly), otherwise just heal whoever you're targeting.
    /cast [target=targettarget,help,nodead] Heal; Heal

Voila. DPS class can keep dpsing while you heal. Using target=<something> is really helpful

You could also try something like this for your dps class - dps class will keep attacking the thing until it's dead, or you can have another macro to force targeting to a new mob. This is assuming your main is the leader of the party. Once their thing dies, they switch to whatever your party leader is targeting and continue dps.
    /cast [harm,nodead] Fireball; [target=party1target,harm,nodead] Fireball
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Get Healbot addon and you can heal yourself and everyone else in your party/raid without ever losing your current target.

Healbot is nice and I used it for about 6 months before switching to Clique and Grid.

With Clique, you assign spells to mouse clicks. Then when you click on a "target frame", that spell is cast on that target without you losing your current target. You can left-click, shift-left-click, alt-right-click, etc. You can also filter target frames for greater control (so clicking on a portrait uses the default, but clicking on a Grid box casts heal).

Grid is just a series of boxes that represents your party or raid. It's used by all the high end healers and is meant to be as simple and efficient as possible. I'm liking it quite a bit, but I can't figure out how to get it to show pets (I don't think it can).

Healbot is also nice, it's like a combination of Clique and Grid. The one thing that annoyed me is it is stuck in two modes, combat and non-combat. Whenever I wanted to assign a spell, I had to do it twice since I don't like trying to remember combat and non-combat modes.
    DAoC (retired): Camelot Monkey
    WoW: Ysera - Paladin (Zirie) Mages (Birie, Cirie, Dirie, Jirie)

I would recommend that you first understand what options you have available and then plan your setup. There is active and passive targeting. Active targeting is used when you click something to target it, and then use your spell.

Passive targeting is used by add-ons such as healbot, clique and so on or the client's built in selfcast, which is used when you cast a heal while targeting a monster and it lands on you.

/cast shadow bolt
    Is active targeting. It hits your target - if you have one and it is attackable.

/cast [target=party1target] shadow bolt
    Is passive targeting. It will always hit the target that player1 in the party is targeting and leaves the character's own target unchanged.

There are various ways in which you can use this. As example, I use only passive targeting to attack targets, and use active targeting for crowd control.

A more flexible way to use passive targetting is done with /focus, which allows you to save a unitID into the focus variable and use it with /cast [target=focustarget] shadow bolt. This is more flexible since it does not depend on a five man group. Excellent for battlegrounds, raids and of course when your primary char dies and you want to swap control to another one.
    Captn's Log [PvP] 5x80 Elemental Shaman

Thanks for all the help. Things are going much more smooth with new macros and grid/clique. I still have 2 macro problems I'm trying to figure out.

When I get adds while soloing I would like to DoT them up aswell with my lock. Problem is that I cant change the target without alt tabbing to my locks window and manually changing it. Since he will just keep casting till the first target is dead.

I'd like to make a cast order that resets once the target is dead. sort of like:
    /castsequence Immolate, Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, etc
    /<reset the cast sequence once target is dead, or I target someone else>

Thanks! Running across these forums was the best thing I've ever done =).

FYI, if you haven't looked at 'em yet, the Pitbull unit frames addon is freakin' awesome. Highlights group members/pets frames red when they have mob aggro, shows debuff highlights, integrates seamlessly with Clique. Once you get 'em configured and tweaked to your liking, they are excellent.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohls
    I'd like to make a cast order that resets once the target is dead. sort of like:
    /castsequence Immolate, Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, etc
    /<reset the cast sequence once target is dead, or I target someone else>

Thanks! Running across these forums was the best thing I've ever done =).
    /castsequence reset=combat/target immolate, corruption, curse of agony, siphon life, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt

This will restart the macro when you switch targets or when you leave combat. It's what I use, but with no siphon life and I use drain life instead of shadowbolt.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I use on my Warlock:

/castsequence reset=9/combat/target/dead Spell1, Spell2, Spell3

I put everything instant cast first and if I really really have to I put the things with a cast time last. That way your locks wont get stuc casting immolate if there being beat on by 4 warriors and can go back to re-applying dots.

Resets if you leave combat, resets if you change targets, resets if your target dies also.

-Slats