Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Macro's for New Multiboxers - A Quick Start Reference

So you just made a new group of X amount of guys and want them up and running ASAP? I'll explain how I do a quick setup on groups to get you going using 5 priests as an example. This guide assumes you have key broadcasting of some sort setup (AHK, Keyclone, Synergy, Multibox). If you don't, go check the software forums and get educated.

First off, there are a few of these you can put in as a global macro, and there are some you'll want as a macro only for that toon. I'll denote global macro's with ****** before it.

On your main:

A "group invite" macro:

/invite toon1name
    /invite toon2name
    /invite toon3name
    /invite toon4name

Throw this on your bar somewhere where you dont plan on having a shared key and is out of the way.

On your secondary toons:

You must first setup your focus. Go into your key bindings and set a key to "Focus Target" (I use F11). When you hit this, whatever toon you have targeted is now your "focus". This allows for easier macroing. What I typically do is invite everyone to the group, have them do the global accept sript (below), hit F2 (everyone targets my main (group leader)), and then hit the focus key. Voila...you're in business.

****** This is what I call the "Big Button". I hit this a lot:

/target focus
    /follow
    /assist
    /stopcasting

As you can see, this macro targets your focus, follows him, assists him, and then does a stopcast. I hit this ALL the time to make sure my guys are following, assisting (latency sometimes screws up assisting if you just use it in conjunction with your spell you are casting), or if I want the group to stop casting.

****** Place this macro on all secondary toons to accept quests/rez/etc:

/script AcceptGroup();
    /script AcceptQuest();
    /script AcceptTrade();
    /script RetrieveCorpse();

This one is great (Thanks Steph for originally posting it). As you can see, it accepts group (the invite dialog box still hangs around, but it will go away on its own after a few minutes if you dont want to click it), accepts shared quests, accepts trades, and rezzes if you have the accept button up on your toon's screen.

Now you need your damage spell. I'm going to use 5 Priests (what I play) as an example:

Make a macro for assist/smite:

/cast [target=focus, nodead, harm] Smite

Notice the nodead and harm qualifiers there. Adding these guys in prevents errors and also allows you to do nifty things like making one button do multiple things. Here's a quick example, but this one would be a macro for the main priest, not the secondaries:

/cast [harm, nodead] Smite
    /cast [target=mousover, noharm, nodead] Lesser Heal
    /cast [target=mouseover, noharm, dead] Ressurection

This little beauty will smite an enemy, heal a friendly by simple mousing over their portrait or toon, or rez a friendly by mouseover. These are the reasons you WANT to use qualifiers.

So now I'm back to these 5 priests.

1. I simply put my smite into the quickbar for my main (try 2)

2. put my assist/smite macros on all my secondaries in the same number 2

3. put my accept macro on all the secondaries on the quickbar (try = )

4. put my "big button" on all the secondaries quickbars (try 1 )

5. throw my group invite on my main somewhere out of the way

and I'm ready to roll...

I hit my group invite, = to accept on the secondaries, F2 to target my group leader, F11 to focus my group leader on my secondaries, 1 to follow/assist, and I move out to go kill. I find a mob and hit 1 to assist the focus and stopcast, and hit 2 to assist and smite.

Congrats. You are now a Multiboxer! Enjoy all the other newbies in the zone freaking out at your mighty power.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

This page has been moved to the wiki. Please look at http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...ck_Start_Guide
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]