Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Auto targeting problems :(

Very new multi-boxer here-- planning on a 4 warlock 1 priest team.

I'm trying to use the "No focus manifesto" playing style where everyone does a /cast [target=targettarget] for all their spells. They all should just keep the brain targeted the whole time so their spells work properly.

Anyway, I ventured into RFC with my guys and kept having to retarget my brain. I thought I was going crazy or hitting the wrong keys or something, so I installed xperl-unitframes on the brain so I could see the target of all party members.

Sure enough, all my clones are changing targets randomly when mobs get close to them and I can't figure out why. Only the brain has mods loaded, all other copies are running vanilla.

Any ideas on how to turn this off? They all have my brain targeted, they cast a spell or two, but it looks like if they get struck (possibly by aoe) or a mob just gets close to them they switch to target the mob instead of my brain.

I found this old thread asking the same question but it never got an answer, and my issue is exactly the same:

How to turn off auto targeting in Wow
    [align=center]March of Souls, Illidan (US)
    [/align][align=center]Warrior, Warlock x 3, Priest
    [/align][align=center][----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----X]
    [/align]

Why would you need that?

Just add the "/target <main'snamehere>" line to the beginning of all your macros, then they'll retarget your main automagically. :P Though, if your main dies/etc., that's where your macro character limit of 255 gets hit a lot sooner, as you have to add that whole damn macro to each of 'em. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Yup, that's exactly why I don't want to do that.

It would mean if I change the brain I have to update the macros on 4 guys for all their spells which gets very tedious.

I know that people do it this way, I just don't understand how they keep their guys targeting the brain instead of switching all the time.
    [align=center]March of Souls, Illidan (US)
    [/align][align=center]Warrior, Warlock x 3, Priest
    [/align][align=center][----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----|----=----X]
    [/align]

Well, you have two basic choices. Use a separate button to target your main and use that liberally, or add the target command line to all of your attack macros. I find the latter the best route and would point out that it will be required whether or not you use focus. So if the only reason you did what you're doing was to avoid the /target command at the beginning of your macros, you've been pissing upwind, IMO. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Well, I never really had problems with my /focus macros.. the first macro I hit is the /follow macro anyway.. so why not implementing the /focus <mainname> there?
    But about the auto-targeting thing: it's an internal WoW script that makes your toons automatically target the mob, that attacks that toon first..
    and there's no way to turn that off! Just got with either the 'party1' or the 'focustarget' macro... I don't see why one shouldn't use those,
    but every macro has its flaws...