Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Need a tip for a cc macro involving focus

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I have been 5-boxing 1 paladin and 4 priests since TBC released. Latly I have had a break from wow, but going to start up my boxing again soon.

Then my question:
    I see several people here use /focus to effictivly switch their main if she would die. This is generally a good idea I think. However if you allways assist/follow your focus, this could make trouble when making other focus macros.

Does anyone have a hot tip to get around this problem?

Well you could do /follow party1, etc.
    Wilbur

I don't understand your problem. You have a bunch of keys bound to /focus player1, /focus player2, etc.

Main dies, hit key bound to /focus player2. Now /assist focus, /follow focus, /cast [target=focustarget] all magically work.

If you need CC with a pally and 4 priests, IMO you're doing something wrong. :P Can you clarify exactly what situation you're trying to work around?

(Before you ask, I have 4 70 shadow priests that I played to 70 with a pally buddy, so I've done quite a bit with 'em.)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

ok, I'l try to explain my problem:

I want all my priests to follow and assist focus instead of party1,party2 etc, so that I can switch master on the fly in case the pally would die. Only the problem is that I use focus for setting the priests target for shackling so I dont need to retarget for each reshackle. When I do this, they will have the enemy focused, and not the paladin(or another priest) then all the assist-focus-nuke spells wouldn't work like they should.

This might not be much of an issue with my pally/priests, but I'm considering rerolling shaman/locks/mages.

Using focus for both follow/assist and CC will be a rather complicated setup. It will require some creative staged macro work. I've been giving this some thought myself. Sure wish they hadn't nerfed some of the /script commands with the 2.x UI. :P
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I guess one solution could be to begin every macro with

/assist party1
    /assist [help] focus

will this assist the focus if your target is friendly, or if focus i friendly?
    At least this could make you able to do focus cc if your main is alive

Well you dont have to use focus. My macros look like this:

/target [target=Ðaria, nodead] [target=Ðixx, nodead] [target=Ðuxx, nodead] [target=Ðexx, nodead] [target=Ðaxx, nodead]
    /assist target
    /cast [exists,harm,nodead] feuerball

If my main dies Number 2 gets automatically assisted. Works nicely.
    I have 4 mages and I use focus to sheep 4 different targets. Each mage gets his own focus and they all can sheep 4 different foci and fire happily away on there main target and resheep their focus with the press of a button.