Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default [HFP Gargolmar] Quad Locks at Lvl 62

This is probably the least impressive video, but its one of my first
    I'm running 4 destruction warlocks through Hellfire Ramparts at Level 62 (it'd be super easy if i had 5)

Attempt #1 fail
    http://www.vimeo.com/1224045

Attempt #2 success
    http://www.vimeo.com/1224061

Commentary
    I've respec'd to destruction, the plan is too kill things fast. If you look at the crits, it could work
    Attempt #1
    The plan here was for the imps to distract the 2 adds while i nuke the boss.
    I dont' know what happened, somehow my shadowbolts landed last and i still got the aggro from the adds
    Attempt #2
    The plan here was for the VW to gain a little threat, 1 VW was meant to die as part of the plan.
    It died.. and somehow i got aggro after my 2nd shadowbolt, 2900k crit booya!

nb. my macros fail when my main dies.. i'll fix that one day

If anyone has any advice or any alternative strategies, let me know!
    SL/SL Warlocks 5 Boxing
    70 Nogman - 70 Noggirl - 70 Noglady - 70 Penii - 70 Nogbog

Drain tank spec? :>
    [align=center]
    Retired boxer
    Iztehzha, iztehzhaa, iztehzzha & izztehzha
    Ravencrest-EU - Horde - Cyclone-BG
    Goals reached in my time as a boxer:
    Taking down most heroics, doing KZ, reached 1950 rating in 5v5
    Now playing [s]Warhammer Online[/s]
    Back to WoW
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'iztehzha',index.php?page=Thread&postID=78411#post 78411
    Drain tank spec? :>
    Respec'ing is NOT going to happen, i've never played destruction before now and destruction is fun.
    SL/SL Warlocks 5 Boxing

I'm at work so cant watch the video but I'm thinking Destro is your problem here, your critting will pull off of your pet no problem at all.

(I also know you aren't going to respec so I'll come up with suggestions, bearing in mind my experience is for one lock and may not scale with 5).

If using voidies perhaps keybind their taunt ability. Try taunting if you've pulled aggro (not sure how effective that would be, but worth a try).

Try using the succubus to cc a mob (yeuch). In a humanoid heavy environment so long as they aren't immune you could try to seduce a couple of targets.

I imagine you would need to have a round robin that sets your pettarget to your mains current target for each pet, and have them seduce that target. Have a macro that reseduces the pettarget if it breaks.

Seduction is pretty unreliable.

On to the best crowd control a warlock has - FEAR!!!!

If you have cleared a part of the way - work on pulling your mobs really far back into the cleared area so that they have plenty of room to run around. I would do something where you set each slaves focus to your current target (on a round robin basis). You then pull the mobs back and have a macro that fears your focus while you continue to dps down another. in some cases you can use that fear to snatch a quick bandage to restore any health lost from a hit or two.

Other than that make sure one lock puts on curse of tongues on casters. Put up curse of shadows from one lock as well.

Remember shadow ward if any of the mobs cast shadowbolts (I'm sure there are some locks in there and I know one of the bosses throws them.)
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

No soulstones in that second video?!? :P
    <70>Awbee-Awbei-Awbie-Awbea-Awbae
    Dual-Boxing.com Search

Quote Originally Posted by 'shaeman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=78436#post7 8436
    I'm at work so cant watch the video but I'm thinking Destro is your problem here, your critting will pull off of your pet no problem at all.

(I also know you aren't going to respec so I'll come up with suggestions, bearing in mind my experience is for one lock and may not scale with 5).

If using voidies perhaps keybind their taunt ability. Try taunting if you've pulled aggro (not sure how effective that would be, but worth a try).

Try using the succubus to cc a mob (yeuch). In a humanoid heavy environment so long as they aren't immune you could try to seduce a couple of targets.

I imagine you would need to have a round robin that sets your pettarget to your mains current target for each pet, and have them seduce that target. Have a macro that reseduces the pettarget if it breaks.

Seduction is pretty unreliable.

On to the best crowd control a warlock has - FEAR!!!!

If you have cleared a part of the way - work on pulling your mobs really far back into the cleared area so that they have plenty of room to run around. I would do something where you set each slaves focus to your current target (on a round robin basis). You then pull the mobs back and have a macro that fears your focus while you continue to dps down another. in some cases you can use that fear to snatch a quick bandage to restore any health lost from a hit or two.

Other than that make sure one lock puts on curse of tongues on casters. Put up curse of shadows from one lock as well.

Remember shadow ward if any of the mobs cast shadowbolts (I'm sure there are some locks in there and I know one of the bosses throws them.)
    VW don't have a "taunt" ability, they have a something a little different.
    Taunt/growl (From a warrior/druid/hunter pet POV) Forces the mob to focus attacks on you, you gain their threat level and keep it.
    A VW Torment on the other hand generates set amounts of threat everytime it's cast. Kinda making it the worst tank ever.
    I don't expect my pet to hold aggro for long, knew that was going to happen when i decided to ditch demonology for destruction.

I considered a succubus, it's easy to have 1 mob constantly seduced without any tricky macros/setup. Tell it to attack 1 target then tell it to attack another target, it'll keep the first target seduced.

Yeh, fear is very good.. i could have sworn fear lasted 40 seconds before.. its been too long since i played a lock.
    Curse of tongues! i forgot about that one, that'll be very handy.
    2nd boss in HFR throws shadow bolts, shadow ward will be up for that. I'm not sure if the felhunters spell lock will work, its not an interrupt, it's a silence so i don't think it'll work on a boss.

Thanks for that, lots to think about.
    SL/SL Warlocks 5 Boxing

Damn you!!!!! You've got me thinking of strategies now.

An alternative thought - could one of your warlocks ditch a few of the end talents in destruction to take affliction down to curse of exhaustion? He should still have big critting shadowbolts but that extra utility might just give you the edge.

It would be quite difficutl to manage but in small pulls you could buy some extra time by CoEx on the mobs in a pull. Probably easiest to pull off as the main warlock.

So for example you target your first target and throw your first shadowbolt volley - as it's about to hit throw on a curse of exhaustion. set off another volley then quickly Curse of Ex any of the others. It's a bit like having earthbind

So a pull of three might be seduce one, fear one, Curse of Exhaustion on the one you are burning down, if it buys you time for one more shadowbolt volley that might be enough to burn him down before he gets to you.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Quote Originally Posted by 'Awbee',index.php?page=Thread&postID=78440#post784 40
    No soulstones in that second video?!? :P
    heh, i don't have a accept soul stone rez macro, which means i have to click it, i decided it wasn't worth the effort. Oh and there was still 20 minutes on cooldown, i'm impatient.
    SL/SL Warlocks 5 Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by 'shaeman',index.php?page=Thread&postID=78448#post7 8448
    Damn you!!!!! You've got me thinking of strategies now.

An alternative thought - could one of your warlocks ditch a few of the end talents in destruction to take affliction down to curse of exhaustion? He should still have big critting shadowbolts but that extra utility might just give you the edge.

It would be quite difficutl to manage but in small pulls you could buy some extra time by CoEx on the mobs in a pull. Probably easiest to pull off as the main warlock.

So for example you target your first target and throw your first shadowbolt volley - as it's about to hit throw on a curse of exhaustion. set off another volley then quickly Curse of Ex any of the others. It's a bit like having earthbind

So a pull of three might be seduce one, fear one, Curse of Exhaustion on the one you are burning down, if it buys you time for one more shadowbolt volley that might be enough to burn him down before he gets to you.
    In destruction there is a talent point called "Aftermath" and it has a chance on spell hit to daze the target, which is essentially the same as curse of exhaustion except u've gotta rely on the proc. I can kill a trash mob before it gets to me running at full speed, if it was dazed it'd be dead about half way.

What your saying would be easy to do using some focus macros. It does give me more control over the fight, BUT i'm impatient, i dont' want to set the clicking each mob and assigning its focus.

Destruction is for straight pew pew imo.

So, with that in mind, i'm thinking on a typical trash pull.
    1. Nuke 1 down
    2. Howl of Terror
    3. Nuke the others down 1 at a time
    death coils if they get 2 close, very very handy
    Voidwalkers/Succys are out to buy me time if it's a big pull, i'd like to have them not die on trash which is why i don't want them tanking, they're sort of backup.

oh, fyi, immolate + conflag is instant death for non-elites. Wolves in HFR
    Forgot to mention i have shadowfury on my main, aoe stun.

ps: WTH!.. when did howl of terror become a 8 second fear.. that's weak.
    SL/SL Warlocks 5 Boxing

got something else to throw into the mix ^^

set ur minions with a focus on different mobs.. that way just like with mages you can chain fear and use curse of recklessness to stop them from running to far away, when they start moving in CoA and byebye mob! can be used with coil too as you mentioned for mass fearing ^^

and to keep you destruction ^^ Shadowfury + HoT, then when they return shadowfury + HoT etc.. you should be able to do the shadowfury with just two of ur clones as its on a 20 sec cooldown, so by the time they return u'll be half way through the cooldown (HoT will have to be over at least 4, so make sure it's on round robin )
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed