Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Questions about triple-boxing

I just wanted to get some opinions about the setup I am going to be running for triple boxing. My computer is a dimension 8400 with a 3.19GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB of ram (at the moment I am waiting for 2GB of ram to come in the mail, it should be here in a couple of days) and a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 video card. I'm not totally computer savy and wanted to get some opinions if my computer will be good enough to triple-box or if I should just go with dual-boxing. I will mainly be doing pve stuff, maybe a little pvp if it doesn't lag to much. I started dual-boxing a couple of days ago and althought it gets pretty laggy at times it's mostly smooth. I have already puchased keyclone am becoming familiar with that program, tried autohotkeys and hated it, personally I totally think it's worth the $10. I also had a question about UI mods, I checked the forums and I think I am going to try out moniter status and partycasting bars with cosmos, and maybe Bongos for a bar mod. Anybody know of any other good addons for boxing?

hi

easiest way to find out is to create some trial accounts (they're free) on the WoW Homepage and test it.

to compare - my setup:

* CPU:

Athlon 64 4000+ 2400MhZ SanDiego 1MB

* Mainboard:

ASRock 939NF4G-SATA2

* GFX:

Radeon X800 GTO 256MB PCI-Express 16x

* RAM:

1024 MB RAM DDR PC 400

works excellent with 2 chars - a little bit laggy with 3 chars because of the RAM.
    another 1024 MB RAM is in the mail so I can start triple-boxing.

btw: it's "dual-boxing" not "duel-boxing" (except you use the accounts just to duel against each other in Goldshire) *gg*
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Haha, fixed the dual-boxing thing. Wow, I can't believe I did that. Those 4 years of college really paid off didn't they? Remind me not to post 45 minuets after taking sleeping pills. Yeah, I have a trial account i'm using to dual-box with at the moment, it can get pretty laggy at times so i'm not going to try triple-boxing until my ram comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajal
    Haha, fixed the dual-boxing thing. Wow, I can't believe I did that. Those 4 years of college really paid off didn't they? Remind me not to post 45 minuets after taking sleeping pills.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I have a trial account i'm using to dual-box with at the moment, it can get pretty laggy at times so i'm not going to try triple-boxing until my ram comes.
    when does it get laggy?

I usually get about 10 FPS when I join a city like Stormwind or Ironforge (to avoid that I usually join the city only with one char at once) because there are lots of players but when I am back in the quest areas I reach about 50-70 FPS with my main char and about 25-30 FPS with my alt.
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Whenever i come across another person my screen freezes for about 3 seconds or so, when I enter ironforge i might have 5-10 seconds where my screen freezes and it's super choppy for the next minuet or two after that. I disabled all my addons so I can't tell you what my fps is at those times. But when i'm alone it seems to do fine. For some reason the 10 day free trial account seems to be down atm. Hopefully it will be back up in the next 3-4 days so i can try triple-boxing.

Your biggest chokepoint will be that the P4 chip you are running isn't dual core.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere