Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 43

Default 5 Shaman vs 4 Warlocks and Priest?

Its time for me to start my 5 boxing adventure but I am stuck on this class dilemma.

5 Shaman -
    Totems.. Yay totems!
    Chain Heal is sweet with 5 shaman
    5 Bloodlust/Heroism's at 70
    5 Tank and Dps "pets" at 70
    Self Rez + Rez
    Ability to do heroics to some degree as shown by xbox
    Ability to do decent in 5v5 arenas

4 Warlocks and a Priest -
    Soulstones + Rez = win
    4 Tank pets
    Constant healing = unlimited mana
    4 sets of dots will make anyone cry

I think the shaman could be more fun overall however dots are amazing for runners

Leveling wise I think the warlocks and priest have an advantage for instances with pets as tanks but when you hit 70 I don't think the pets will stay viable tanks.

I would also think horde is almost required because of their racial abilities.. Wotf and warstomp not to mention they have an instance at level 14ish.

I'm curious to hear from people on both ends that are currently boxing these combos and how they feel playing and what they like or dislike about the combos.

How high quality gear can you get for the shamans once they reach 70? Xbox's got some really nice stuff. Five-Shaman PvP has more visual Oompf to it in PvP than 4lock1priest, but you have to do a bit more work to kill people.

Personally I think it's up to wether you'll want to run instances and heroics on your own for farming gold and gear, or if you want to be a god in pvp and AE farm with coordinated Seed spamming warlocks.

I think my whole attraction to 5 boxing is the ability to run my own group. I think pve viability is just as important to me as pvp in terms of just being able to get gear once I hit 70.
    Warlocks + Priest is definitely better for pvp but I think the shaman allow more options for pvp and pve.

I guess really what I can't decide over for shaman is whether to go tauren or draenei. Tauren's warstomp and extra HP would be great but then again so would the +spell hit and 5x free heal.

If you want shamans I would suggest team of tankadin or dr00d + 4 shamans.

For example, myself I have taken a druid and 4 shammy. Feral druid can tank any instance with shamans' totems helping - thats great help for tanking. And you can go respecc to boomkin and pwn in pvp. Thats 4 totems of wrath (3% crit/hit each, which is 3x4=12 +5% crit boomin aura, so it is 17% +crit ).

Talking about race. Draenei racial +hit will become useless when u will have 12% (or 15% if u go 5 shamans) hit. With you +hit from gear it will be maxed +hit already I think.

Free heal... it would be good if it would be insta cast. No way I would rely on it

Taurens give additional hp which is insanely good, especially when you are using pvp gear with lots of stamina.
    War stop is nice as well to stop rogues, mages who try to aoe you, etc.
    Coffee Resurrects.

I'm thinking Tauren are the way to go. Not to mention 5 cows running at anyone can be kinda scary. I think I will go with 5 shaman though over a tank of any sort. I think with the damage output I can avoid really needing to tank in some situations and shaman where mail (at 40) and have shields anyway and at 70 using rock elementals as much as possible will work too. If not I have a level 51 be pally I could switch in later on.

When you reach heroic stage, you wont be able to stay against some of those insane mobs hitting you longer then like 3-4 hits and will have to kite. Some bosses will be doable but not all.
    Tho you wont be able to do some encounters with this team.

And after all it depends on your play style. Personally I wouldnt go for kiting, I prefer tanking
    Coffee Resurrects.

Well I think doing any heroics 5 boxing is a huge challenge whether you have a tank or not and I don't expect to be able to do all of them but just enough to make it interesting.

5 Shammys was not as good as I thought it would have been in PvP.

PvE it is probably stronger than locks or mages.

The inability to do burst damage past the chain lightning, shock gimmick and the fact that their mana pool drains quicker and they don't have anything but trinkets to deal with fear......

Once people get up in your face it is tough to react. Mages and locks can AoE.

Shammys can't.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

what about 5x tremor against fear?
    Coffee Resurrects.

You actually only need one.

So with a clever macro, you could trinket on ONE shammy and then have him immediately drop a tremor.

The tremor pulses though, so sometimes it can take up to 5 seconds to pulse and it all to register.

Which kind of defeats the purpose.

With WOTF, if you are quick on the trigger - you are unfeared in under a second.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US