Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Spreading out?

Default Spreading out?

I am a non-professional 5 boxer. (I do the click each window do action then go back to main). I am thinking of running all 5 on my machine 1 on a 22" and 4 on a 19" maximized. the thing I am interested in finding out about is the spreading the characters out like in Xzin's video in Undercity. hows is that done exactly? I realize I MIGHT not be able to do it since I don't have the hardware Xzin does but how is it done anyway?

WantedMan

I highly suggest you to search the forums. There is ALOT of information about it.
    Coffee Resurrects.

I think you'd need to be broadcasting keys to all your characters at once for it to work.

From what I can gather at the hints from the pros, you would unbind WASD on your 'followers' probably leave the arrow keys bound for turning for casting purposes.

On the number pad you might bind a button (in the secondary bind keys section under keybinds) to forwards on one character, backwards on another, strafe left on another, strafe right on the last.

So when you press and hold said key - your main would do nothing, your 4 others would all do a different action.

I believe Xzin builds his more complex formations but building hardware macros with his XKeys, so that 'one key' press would push say 9 and 5 on the numberpad at the same time. He would then bind 5 and 9 to stafe left, move foward yada yada on his characters.

And since he has 80 billion keys availible to him and he can macro any of them he wants with the XKeys, he could have one button to move his 4 mages in a + formation, the other four in a x formation, leave his main standing in the middle and then another keypress would make them all move diagonally etc etc.

It would take a fair bunch of programming to do those kind of movements but the idea seems simple and doable.

For spread out (vs movement or formations) I think doing what I suggested in the first paragraph should work.

Or I could be totally wrong I have no way of testing yet - still ordering/planning my setup. =)

-Slats

Quote Originally Posted by Latency
    From what I can gather at the hints from the pros, you would unbind WASD on your 'followers' probably leave the arrow keys bound for turning for casting purposes.
    Depends on what kind of hardware or software you are using.

You dont have to unbind WASD movement keys, you are just making the keys to not to affect other instances of WoW but the one you are currently playing at.
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by Latency
    I think you'd need to be broadcasting keys to all your characters at once for it to work.

On the number pad you might bind a button (in the secondary bind keys section under keybinds) to forwards on one character, backwards on another, strafe left on another, strafe right on the last.

So when you press and hold said key - your main would do nothing, your 4 others would all do a different action.

I believe Xzin builds his more complex formations but building hardware macros with his XKeys, so that 'one key' press would push say 9 and 5 on the numberpad at the same time. He would then bind 5 and 9 to stafe left, move foward yada yada on his characters.

And since he has 80 billion keys availible to him and he can macro any of them he wants with the XKeys, he could have one button to move his 4 mages in a + formation, the other four in a x formation, leave his main standing in the middle and then another keypress would make them all move diagonally etc etc.

It would take a fair bunch of programming to do those kind of movements but the idea seems simple and doable.

For spread out (vs movement or formations) I think doing what I suggested in the first paragraph should work.

Or I could be totally wrong I have no way of testing yet - still ordering/planning my setup. =)

-Slats
    More or less correct.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US