Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Dual-boxing.com-specific Wiki editing guidelines

I have added a new section to http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ_for_Wiki called "Dual-boxing.com Wiki editing guidelines".
    This topic is meant to discuss existing guidelines and to propose new guidelines.

Djarid: I can has cookeh? :P

Aren't wiki related discussions usually discussed in wiki discussion pages?

It's a wiki feature, look here:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...ki&action=edit

I don't think everybody checks discussions on wiki pages, unless there is a problem with that page, because there's too many pages to check for.
    I think this forum was created for a reason?

It's possible for me to start discussing there, but probably nobody will reply. Also, I can't just add any guideline myself, because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. Also, it's good to get feedback from the readers, not just the wiki editors that might open the discussion pages.

If it would be a post like "I don't like a specific guideline or user X is editting malicious", then it would be for the wiki discussion pages of course.

Where the discussion is about the content of an article, then yes the discussion pages are definitely the right place...

This section is more of an open forum for discussing processes, conventions and ideas on the wiki in general rather than specific content. As such I think Ken has a point.

Ken feel free to recommend conventions etc... I think most of us are fairly new to wikis and mediawiki in particular.

out of this free form discussion, firm conventions can be defined, approved and implemented. :)
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]