Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default [WoW] Hunter duo demonstration, mostly a lv19 WSG game

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6RnAfV-3hUQ

Notes:
    00:15 - I chose wind serpents for their 20 yard range Lightning Breath, you can see why here. Stronger and faster to get started with than pet melee. Repositioning the other hunter is best done by walking backwards a few steps.
    00:30 - WSG. One level 11 orc warrior had a shining blue twohanded axe. Level 11. I only counted the blood elf with shiny weapons and defias leather as a twink, and he barely reached 900 health.
    00:41 - You just saw a pair of Serpent Sting from my guys, they stack which is really rather nice in PvP when you can spam it.
    00:49 - I got spammed pretty bad and died with the main hunter Tubbs to four attackers after the cut, ran around on the alt hunter Crockett and killed one until he died too. Yes, I hate twinks and think that they are pretty lame, but one on one I handle them, my 19 nontwink shaman has brought down a lot of crusader+lifestealing gnome rogues in his lifetime. Which is funny. And yes, by god, the rogues on my realm and battlegroup are some of the worst I have ever seen. The level 65 rogue dying to my level 42 priest duo is someone I like to bring up here.
    01:00 - Rogue runs over two Fire Traps, a really nice thing about running multiple hunters. Imagine stacking traps with four or maybe five hunters? You'd bring anyone down.
    01:15 - The wind serpents with a ranged attack fly and chase a night elf, while boars might have charged and gotten her stuck. In the end I prefer wind serpents, but regular serpents with a 30 yard range DoT are worth considering too. Maybe even combining. Boar, Wind Serpent, Serpent for a BM/MM/Surv hunter trio?
    01:30 - The F10 key which is bound to /petattack macros decided to struggle with me at this part. And I should have dropped a couple of traps to catch incoming enemies with. Don't know why only one hunter was shooting - can't solve a few macro issues
    01:45 - I have no idea what this pair of druids were thinking. If you are a druid and you're reading this, remember that going casterform and spamming moonfire is a really good tactic in PvP
    02:00 - I wish I was able to control the second hunter more. He got stuck in melee despite my hammering of the buttons that are linked to /follow on the second client. It ended up looking rather nice with the enemy halfway between us and both of us shooting.
    02:10 - In the entry tunnel I laid a pair of fire traps, and as I expected I caught the 1400 health rogue who wanted to be ahead of the pack not fearing anything. He died rather quick, and I made him burn his Evasion and Sprint cooldowns.
    02:35 - Let's play spot the twinks! One over there, one over there, one over there and there and there's one and there's another and..
    03:10 - Could not be bothered to get in shooting range. Screw the deadzone.
    03:30 - Enemy approaching? Why not send in the pets.
    04:10 - Beautiful view, wind serpents charge in at the druid and start zapping, and I melee because I'm tired of that all twink game, but there comes Mr 1400 health rogue to finish it. Suffice to say I logged after that.

So multiboxing hunters works, it's just sloppy and making macros work and autoshoot stick is difficult. Wish the exp splitting when grouped, and Azeroth itself wasn't making me so sick and tired of the game again, I'd like to level them up to 29 at least :/

at 29 lvl there are a little less twinks and you actually can become half-twink without alot of gold. Personally, I have lvl 29 priest and I have spent on enchants around 20g and got 1600 health with 1990 mana. So with your hunters you can do the same - you just need to farm instances a little and get some pvp rewards

Video is nice, good skill ^^ Personally, I dont like that ranged/melee switching playstyle :P

Doesnt look too effective, you melee a lot and the second moo is mostly doing nothing? Looks a bit sluggish. How is it in pve?

Against balanced alliance teams (ie no 66+% rogue/hunter twink matchups) it's great because then I can stay in the back doing ranged, like the first WSG I played on them weeks and weeks ago even though it was a loss - no twinks on either side, with all those rogues in the game I filmed I had no chance. Ended up meleeing because of the deadzone and it was too risky to get into proper position a lot of the time - the other computers client (the other hunter) has a camera view of what goes on behind that guy. Huge advantage

Sluggish as hell in WSG with small spaces and LOS issues (another reason why I meleed a lot). Arathi Basin would be a better home for them - line of sight all the time, huge open areas.

As for PvE, at level 17 I needed some deviate scales for leatherworking, I was able to do double pulls in Wailing Caverns quite well. Had to kite and res pets a few times but it was really effective. I don't think a hunter duo can find anything unsoloable outside of an instance that doesn't require a raid or has anti-hunter/kiting scripting applied to it.

If I was starting 2-5 hunters I would start farming WC with them as soon as possible - RFC has too many 3+ pulls, then start PvP at level 29 after being twinked out with weapons and gear from the Stranglethorn Vale hunting and so on. The hunters would have skinning, herbalism, mining and enchanting, then leatherworking and jewelcrafting, possibly alchemy.

Could five-boxed hunters do a heroic instance? If all mobs were suspicable to staying in Freezing Traps and you worked out positioning and the pets could talk and keep aggro - yes. Not like you're going to need to pull six heroic difficulty mobs ever.

I think your pet would be 2-3 shotted in heroic. No way it can tank bosses...

Certain bosses might be doable. Consider that the boss isn't tanking ONE pet. It's tanking 5 pets. So, if your pets have 7k health, the boss would have to chew through 35k health before it came for you, and then kill the hunters. Problem there is pets can't get enough avoidance/defense to be uncrittable/uncrushable. And two crits/crushes back-to-back would gib the poor thing.

For me, the most annoying part would be the corpse runs after every freakin "oops" moment. Jumper Cables XL are far too iffy to rely on.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Hunter's pet could possibly off tank the occasional mob, with heals, Bosses would definately kill them in no time. You'd definately need a healer and a dedicated tank. Even then, Three hunters, whilst bringing plenty of DPS to the fold don't really bring enough utility. PTR and Test it out I'd say.
    Wilbur

Then we have the whole "Hunter shots and pet attacks are mitigated by enemy armour" thing, which I just forgot all about in my above post

. It's up to the dps five hunters can deliver in very short time without losing aggro. With some "phat" gear, buffs and enchants and then with Misdirection up for each pet.. with every shot hitting and critting.. on a target being a heroic mode boss with a healthy amount of armour and health? Aurgh.

3500, 2000, 2000 perhaps with armour counted using "alright" gear and a Marks spec. 7500x5= 37 500 damage in two seconds in the best conditions without raid/pvp/crafted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLonghair
    3500, 2000, 2000 perhaps with armour counted using "alright" gear and a Marks spec. 7500x5= 37 500 damage in two seconds in the best conditions without raid/pvp/crafted gear.
    I think this is overly optimistic. I really don't see it being possible. Once one of your hunters grabs aggro on a boss you've then got the problem of trying to keep it alive - pretty impossible without a healer, and if you are keeping up DPSing with your other hunters, it won't be too long before he wades through your entire group. You definately need some form of Tank and some form of healing.
    Wilbur

I think for pets one of the problems is threat generation. So far I've experienced this with my locks. They will hold for a bit but when dps picks up then the boss will break off, go after you and 1 shot you The voids have enough health just not enough threat.

At the moment I'm mixing my group with prot war and the mobs stay glued onto him. Shield bash/revenge/sunder generate more continues threat, than the taunts from the voids.