Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 2 clients on one PC Diablo 4

I can't find anything that works. D4 does not work like D3 where ya add -launch

Is there software out there that will let you do it that doesn't violate any rules?

Is there a way to do it without 3rd party software?

here is a post on forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4...mputer/71370/4

Diablo 4 does not let you log in directly through the client anymore, you just need to use the launcher, which does not stop you from launching multiple Diablo 4 clients. You do not need any software or tricks to launch multiple Diablo 4 clients through battle.net.

What rules are you thinking you might violate by using software with Diablo 4? Blizzard's World of Warcraft rules apply only to World of Warcraft -- input broadcasting is absolutely not prohibited in any Diablo series game. WoW is the only Blizzard game where they instated have such a rule.

Many people are using ISBoxer with Diablo 3, 4, Diablo 2 Resurrected, and Diablo Immortal, in fact MiRai made a video series from the Diablo 4 beta -- https://youtu.be/oXREI8KgCfQ
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Diablo 4 does not let you log in directly through the client anymore, you just need to use the launcher, which does not stop you from launching multiple Diablo 4 clients. You do not need any software or tricks to launch multiple Diablo 4 clients through battle.net.

What rules are you thinking you might violate by using software with Diablo 4? Blizzard's World of Warcraft rules apply only to World of Warcraft -- input broadcasting is absolutely not prohibited in any Diablo series game. WoW is the only Blizzard game where they instated have such a rule.

Many people are using ISBoxer with Diablo 3, 4, Diablo 2 Resurrected, and Diablo Immortal, in fact MiRai made a video series from the Diablo 4 beta -- https://youtu.be/oXREI8KgCfQ
    I'm assuming you haven't tried launching two D4 clients through Battle.net. It's not possible. Even if you have allow multiple clients checked in settings. No one has been able to launch more than 1 client per PC since release unless they are using 3rd party software. Which I am trying to avoid.

I figured if anyone has figured it out it would be someone here and that was the purpose of my post
    Last edited by DGiraldo : 07-04-2023 at 11:31 AM

Okay, and I'll assume you haven't tried the box in Battle.net settings to allow multiple instances of Battle.net.

At first you said you didn't want to violate rules though, and asked about using software without violating rules you thought applied. Now you're just saying you don't want to use software. That's fine, just amusing.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Okay, and I'll assume you haven't tried the box in Battle.net settings to allow multiple instances of Battle.net.
    Lax, I specifically said in my last post: Even if you have allow multiple clients checked in settings.

It doesn't work. I promise...

At first you said you didn't want to violate rules though, and asked about using software without violating rules you thought applied. Now you're just saying you don't want to use software. That's fine, just amusing.
    Yes I am concerned about 3rd party and getting banned.

I know I am not as smart as you with these things....I get that. That's why I am here. Could I use ISBoxer to launch 2 clients without risking my account. I dont understand how these things work, so that's why the question may seem stupid to you... but to me its a common sense question and concern.
    Last edited by DGiraldo : 07-04-2023 at 11:57 AM

Fair, I skimmed past that line.

I would say good luck then, because Blizzard has required the launcher, with an SSO token (single-sign on, good only one time) generated when you click Play, for recent Diablo series games.

You're either going to need a custom Battle.net launcher (which would itself be third-party software) built that fully implements Battle.net login and game launching just to get around this limitation of the actual launcher, or you're going to need other software which can operate with the existing Battle.net launcher. Custom launchers are not impossible; community-built (and usually open source) launchers exist for other games including EVE Online, Lord of the Rings Online, FFXIV and others.

Otherwise, you're looking at Virtual Machines (more third-party software by the way, and sometimes specifically against the rules and/or detected and prevented by games), or multiple PCs.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Thanks Lax.. and sorry for the noob question but so I am clear: Could I achieve running 2 separate bnet licenses with ISBoxer with Diablo 4 the way it is setup?

Yes, ISBoxer allows you to launch multiple D4 and other Diablo series games on one PC, using Battle.net.

Quick run-down of setup, beyond the "install" step...

1. Use the latest Development build of Inner Space. This provides the latest fixes that are not yet pushed to the "Live" build. (Right click IS, select Patcher, click Development tab, click Install Now to actually install it.)
    2. Use the ISBoxer Quick Setup Wizard. Not really that difficult, mostly just pick Diablo 4 and click Next some times. On the Characters page, select the Diablo IV - Launcher profile, because as you've discovered, launching the client directly was disabled at release.
    3. After completing the wizard, Export to Inner Space
    4. Launch your team

The game launching process while using Battle.net looks something like this:

1. close the launcher (Battle.net) if it's running
    2. start your team
    3. first launcher comes up, launched by ISBoxer. if the launcher was already up NOT from ISBoxer, then the launcher is NOT opened through IS
    4. log into the first launcher (only required the first time you do this) and click Play.
    5. the first launcher should close automatically when the first window comes up and is recognized by ISBoxer. if it does not, close it so ISBoxer can launch the next instance. if the next launcher does not come up for you, select your character set again to continue the launch process. (In other words, just keep repeating these same steps until all windows are open)

Each "Character" in ISBoxer (which for Diablo games I typically just call "one" and "two" and "three" and "four", to indicate which *account* I'm on) will store its own login information after logging in the first time.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Damn! thanks so much for this and taking the time. I'm on it!