Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default [WoW] Shadowpriest duo demonstration, mostly SM Cath

Now that the local heatwave is over and I can have my two computers running without sweating like Michael Jackson at a daycare, I had the opportunity to create some material to demonstrate my dualboxing with!

Naturally what you see in there isn't perfect, the binds and buttons are being bound as I progress, one of these days I will be able to play without any UI whatsoever (except health, map, mana, priest#2 information of course).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j87ThaCNgRQ

Coming up next, something from my level 18 hunter duo. Hope to capture some PvP with the priest duo before my WoW time expires in three, four days too.

Default Re: [WoW] Shadowpriest duo demonstration, mostly SM Cath

Quote Originally Posted by MrLonghair
    Now that the local heatwave is over and I can have my two computers running without sweating like Michael Jackson at a daycare,
    :lol:

I'll have to try it at home, can't get it to work here
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

Bumping this thread with a pinch of Shadowpriest PvP, I gank a level 51 hunter three times in this while on my level 42 duo.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hE3g3biCHqY

If you ask me, it's one of the most capable and devastating sameclass duos for PvP. You know how rough shadowpriests are mano a mano, imagine two?

And yes that hunter is a melee hunter

That there was the last time I set foot in World of Warcraft for now. Burnt out on Azeroth bigtime, again, there's no solution to it but waiting for the 1-60 makeover and the expansion.

I was on the edge of rolling a 5man priest team yesterday to play around with, but I didn't pull the trigger. Convince me!
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

hmm for an ok specced (capable) hunter a shadow priest shouldnt be a match (spec bm and its over before you know it). I usually cant get the disc specced ones down, those are such a pain in the ass

edi: wow you tube was a bit sluggish so replied before watching, that guy clearly just levelled that one with a clue on what to do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Morganti
    I was on the edge of rolling a 5man priest team yesterday to play around with, but I didn't pull the trigger. Convince me!
    At level 42 and some +shadow/+spelldamage gear, a pair of SW:P will kill enemies of around 2000 health, my Vampiric Embrace ticks are fast and strong enough to let my guys draintank elites, at level 26 in Arathi Basin a team of five rogues tried to steal the Lumber Mill but two AE fears and a lot of dots and two mind flay took care of that without a single death.

Dot as many enemies as you can, shield and wait until they die, enjoy massive EXP, drink and prepare for next pull - that's the fastest gameplay unless you double/triple pull elites in instances instead.

So that's with two priests. With five priests at 42 in the same gear as I had and build, that means 5000 health gone to one 300-something SW:P per priest.. AT LEVEL 42 :shock:

Now let's pretend these priests are level 70 in
    shadowform (+15%)
    darkness 5/5 (+10%)
    misery 5/5 (+5%)

Highest rank SW:P, 525 mana, 1236 damage over 18 seconds (without the extended SW:P duration talent that increases the damage by a third). Then you're bound to have at least 500 +shadow/+spell at 70, and these are applie 100% to the Damage over Time effect of SW:P

That means 1736 before modifiers which add a total of 30% damage, which makes it 2256 shadow damage over 18 seconds. But let me add the +6 secs to SWP duration talent for an additional third.

3000 Shadow damage over 24 seconds.

Times five. 15 000 points of Shadow Damage over 24 seconds. That's with 500 +shadow/+spell on each guy. I think I heard someone achieving +1800 once, with top notch gear and buffs.

and then if you roll undeads and spec right you can cast Devouring Plague (maxrank: 1216 shadow damage over 24 sec, damage dealth heals caster) for free for an additional crapload of damage.

and Mind Flay, 528 shadow damage over 3 secs at max rank by default without any talents or modifiers counted into the equation.

Five shadowpriests at level 70 = Doomtrain for most players

:)

(edit: Oh, forgot Vampiric Touch, 650 damage over 12 secs and party members gain mana, before modifiers and talents etc)

I am not sure about shadow priests for 5 boxing.

Sure they can produce some nice damage and they probably mow through thrash mobs but I think it will be really hard to do BC instances. Thrash in there sometimes hits really hard so that you either want to have it tanked or CCed. I also assume that most BC bosses will just slaughter you.

I whould love to be proven wrong and if someone has videos of shadowpriest heavy groups killing bosses (preferably BC) i really whould like to see them.

From a pvp view 5 shadowpriest might be really fun Maybe I'll try some in the lvl 49 bracket.

Bunny

Yeah, instanceability is a big problem. Even if you survive large pulls by dots+fearcycling it isn't that handy, but for pvp it's the best fire and forget five-character same-class combo I think.

Someone here has videos killing outdoors bosses insanely fast with four priests

Alright, 5 Priests @ level 10 now. Yeah, I'm not really interested in the instances too much. PvP is where my heart is
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

See sig. Instance mobs are a real problem as VE+VT+etc. just isn't enough to keep squishies healed. And if I stop to do real heals, it detracts from my DPS. If you really wanna do regular and especially heroics, you will need a tank. Having one, though, makes most things totally trivial.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)