Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Anyone ever managed to get 6 EQ clients running on 1 comp?

I am trying to get 6 EQ clients to run on my comp, using WinEQ2 Pro version(got a sub) and so far no good. I am posting this on the WinEQ2 Pro forums too but thought I would ask here too.

My rig:
    Win XP 32, up to date (SP2 and so forth)
    P5N32-E SLi mobo
    4 gigs of OCZ platinum ddr2 4-4-4-15: Winxp set up to utilize 3GB.
    Raptor 1500 HD
    Core 2 Duo 6600
    2x 8800 GTX in SLI.
    Fast DSL con

5 clients run on ultra-low settings, 1 on higher settings. I can get 6 server-select screens running just fine, but when I start logging into the Character select screens, I run into trouble when it tries to load the 4th or 5th client. It sais that it can not initialize another d3d application because of low videomemory. My Ram still has like 25% left at that point and the Texture memory still has like 650Mb left or so WinEQ tells me.

I have no clue what figures I should be seeing, I am just curious if anyone ever managed to run 6 EQ clients at the same time.

Thanks for any answers.

sure have. have gotten message simalir to that, if i load the games 1 at a time or if one crashes. to adviod that problem i load to the charcatar select screen for all 6 toons, let the system settle down then join the game 1 or 2 toons at a time. my system is 3 years old. 3.2 3 gig and a 256 vidieo card. and i do play eq1.

Default Well...

I run into that error at times (I have 4 instances on each computer) - lets say I am running the 4 fine and for somereason one of them dumps to the desktop, when I try and start the 4th again, I get the error.

What I think is occuring is that as you zone or see more characters in the game the video gets fuller and if you hard exit without freeing up the video card ram it dosnt allow writing over it so it looks full. This is just complete guess work though. Also if I were to log in 3 and play them for like 10 minutes the video card ram would be full and if I try and start the 4th it would not allow it. But if I shut down all 3 and then load all 4 it will work fine again.

I hate playing in to much of reduced mode but I think if you were to go to a 64 bit operating system and get like 4 gig or 8 gig ram, and as much video ram as you could on the card you will have no problems running 6. I am running 4 with no problem at all on a simple ahtlon 64 system.

Ya just read the above post, I also load all to the character select screen before going in game with any of them. ...

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

and sorry, no ideal what your problem might be.

*cringe* @ ^^ sig.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

I'm sorry, are these the 'role-playing naked picture forums'?

What happened to multi-boxing?

such a striking similarity between his character and himself.

Hey, don't dis Sam! (ok, I'll admit I do that on the EQ forums already so I figured I stick up for him here. )

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I indeed tried the trick of carefully loading them all up to the char select screen but I never get all 6 to get that far. I do it like this: I first get them all to the server select-screen: this is easy, my Ram is still at only 20% and hardly any videotexture memory is used,

Then I quickly log them all in at once to try to reach the char-select screen. I was told to do this simultaneoulsy, so that EQ "divides up" the available memory between all 6 instances, before only 1 or 2 instances eat up all the ram and leave nothing for the rest. But alas, I never got more then 5 accounts in the Char select screen. And usually pretty fast after that, one or two drop out anyway (error).

Now I could try for weeks to get this right, but this time around I want my 6-boxing to be as hassle free as possible (which is why I am adding 3 Wizards to the mix, lol) and having to meddle with software is only fun for like 20 minutes, and after that stuff just has to work.

So I just unpacked all my computers again (just finished a move from Europe to Oz) and will go the Hardware way again. This is how I used to do it: http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=934.0 That is an old pic, I now have all 5 boxes on separate comps with 5 Commanders and 2 Kvm switches (1x2 and 1x4).

I will use the Commanders again in order to control each box individually (without having to swap to their view at all, even though I have kvm switches) and will probably use the wireless keyboards trick to give commands to the entire group. The good thing about the commanders is the long buff-macro's that you can give them. Beats having to hook up a G15 to each of them.

Still, kudos to anyone that ever got 6 instances of EQ to work!

**eyes ... burning**

**must ... claw ... out**

Hey - I respect Sam for his work with EQ boxnig.

I just don't want to see that sig here all the time that's all.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US