Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 42

Really surprised the orbweaver works. I could not get my Razer Tartarus pro to work (none of the main 1-20 keys worked - just the D-pad and scroll wheel). I thought the tartarus was just the newer version of the orbweaver - looks almost identical except for the scroll wheel under your index finger.

Quote Originally Posted by jak3676 View Post
    Really surprised the orbweaver works. I could not get my Razer Tartarus pro to work (none of the main 1-20 keys worked - just the D-pad and scroll wheel). I thought the tartarus was just the newer version of the orbweaver - looks almost identical except for the scroll wheel under your index finger.
    yes mine is directly connected to aimos and it s seen by razer synapse. can change binding directly over aimos. orbweaver uses old synapse 2, maybe for that.
    tomorrow should arrive aimos 8 ports, so can check with that too if there are changes
    Last edited by Prega : 11-17-2020 at 10:50 AM

Interesting, I almost bought that device until I found less expensive options. I was just looking at the Razer Support page for the Tartarus and they have this entry:

My Razer peripheral will not work properly when used with a KVM switch.
    We recommend plugging your Razer product directly into your PC. KVM switches are known to cause interruptions in communications between devices and PCs. If your Razer product works when plugged directly into the computer, then it is working correctly, and the issue is most likely due to the KVM switch.

That is curious as further down in the FAQ they specifically address whether or not you have to use drivers. It suggests the thing should work like a regular keyboard without drivers.

Thank you for documenting, helped me get going when I got my ShuOne, here's the hardware I've been able to setup and test

Corsair K70 not recognized as a keyboard at all (really disappointing to not be able to macro scroll lock + 0)
    Razer Naga Trinity mouse works great with all key mappings
    Logitech g502 macros do not work without software running and behaves only as normal mouse

Quote Originally Posted by krumbl View Post
    Thank you for documenting, helped me get going when I got my ShuOne, here's the hardware I've been able to setup and test

Corsair K70 not recognized as a keyboard at all (really disappointing to not be able to macro scroll lock + 0)
    Razer Naga Trinity mouse works great with all key mappings
    Logitech g502 macros do not work without software running and behaves only as normal mouse
    The G keys on both my G613 keyboard & my G502 Hero mouse do NOT work when connected to my old KVM that I have been using for years (they work fine as a generic mouse/keyboard just no G programmability)...

I have the ShuOne here but haven't had time to test though I am not at all surprised to hear your G502 is not working...

Most modern devices need to be directly connected to the PC/VM and the software running on that PC to do macros... Older devices tended to use hardware storage of the macros but the shift in the more modern devices is to store the logic in software...

That is why I have been recommending the Koolertron devices as they indicate the store the macros in hardware and thus have a good chance to work fine when connected to a KVM/KM... You may need to directly connect the Koolertron to a PC running Koolertron software to program it but once the macros are programmed and stored in the hardware you should be able to move it and connect it to a KM/KVM and it should work just fine... The 2 Koolertrons that caught my eye and looked good in research at least were/are the:

- 48 key model: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076LRJ528
    - 23 key model: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KT3RR56

I also have the 48 key here but no time to really test right now...
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-19-2020 at 08:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    The G keys on both my G613 keyboard & my G502 Hero mouse do NOT work when connected to my KVM (they work fine as a generic mouse/keyboard just no G programmability)...

I have the ShuOne here but haven't had time to test though I am not at all surprised to hear your G502 is not working...

Most modern devices need to be directly connected to the PC/VM and the software running on that PC to do macros... Older devices tended to use hardware storage of the macros but the shift in the more modern devices is to store the logic in software...

That is why I have been recommending the Koolertron devices as they indicate the store the macros in hardware and thus have a good chance to work fine when connected to a KVM/KM... You may need to directly connect the Koolertron to a PC running Koolertron software to program it but once the macros are programmed and stored in the hardware you should be able to move it and connect it to a KM/KVM and it should work just fine... The 2 Koolertrons that caught my eye and looked good in research at least were/are the:

- 48 key model: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076LRJ528
    - 23 key model: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07KT3RR56

I also have the 48 key here but no time to really test right now...
    EDIT: Tracking of Testing is now being done here so it is in one place in one easily accessible post:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...mp-KM-switches

Heads up that multiple people are having trouble getting the Koolertron keypads working through the KM switch so I would not order one if you haven't already (or if you got one try it with a different switch)...

If anyone does get a Koolertron working through the ShuOne please report back here any tips/tricks...

Test results with an Aimos 4 port Synchronous KVM switch :

• - OK: Razer Orbweaver;
    • - OK: Red Dragon M900 Legend;
    • - NOT ok: Logitech g502 Hero;
    • - NOT ok: Logitech g502;

Test results against the ShuOne 8 port Synchronouse KM switch :

• - OK: Razer Naga Trinity mouse works great with all key mappings;
    • - NOT ok: Razer Tartarus Pro (only D-pad & scrollwheel);
    • - NOT ok: Logitech G600 functions as a normal mouse (side G buttons do nothing);
    • - NOT ok: Logitech G502 functions as a normal mouse (macros do not work);
    • - NOT ok: Corsair K70 not recognized as a keyboard at all (not able to macro scroll lock + 0);
    • - NOT ok: Koolertron 48 key Keypad;
    • - NOT ok: Koolertron 23 key Keypad;
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-20-2020 at 12:45 PM

- Razer Orbweaver works;
    to update with some news about orbweaver, after some more tests:

- at start got it working , programmed new hotkeys binds and got these hotkeys working when linked to aimos 4 ports; and really surprised.

- after that tryed with kvm to switch in second pc and not worked, in same way;

- i was not sure if orbweaver has a onboard-memory, so removed totally synapse 2 from first test Pc and tryed to link again via aimos kvm:and, bad news, it resulted in get back original orbweaver keybinds:/ -> probably keybinds not saved inside any onboard-memory.

- after i tryed this: reinstall synapse 2, link orbweaver directly to pc, set keybinds with synapse, save profile and chroma, and with synapse running uncable from pc and connect inside kvm to reach same pc. now new saved keybinds looks like again working. i suspect my profile is saved locally with needed remote razer server interaction, old methods to share profiles maybe

- after this i tested on pc2: first razer orbweaver connected to kvm; install synapse2 over pc2; wait .... it take a bit to launch. switch/reset kvm button. kvm switch sets to 2; opened synapse2 login get back profile, mine called simply 2, and now it works on pc2, passing by kvm.

- final test: enable pc sync over kvm, this....... dots printed here&myotherPC are from orbweaver showing it working with custom keybinds. so custom keybinds looks GOOD
    not sure about true macros, not tested.

a bit complicated.

probably at start i m going just to use a splitted-in-2 keyboard, binding a side for all and other for main

about g502/g502hero, looks like these mice have a onboard memory,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/c...02_lightspeed/
    for other owners of g502/hero found a specific guide.
    same again i setup new mouse keys with mouse directly linked to pc and save in onboard-memory to get it work. tested on 2x pc but not working. no macro/custom keybinds, but for both mice buttons are OK

at least after 1 fast test for me.

hope my experiments are clear enough

all tests with kvm aimos 4 ports
    Last edited by Prega : 11-19-2020 at 12:12 PM Reason: keys mistakes

I think we need to talk about this in at least 3 levels of functionality - GOOD is where macro's and added functionality work as intended, OK is where device functions, but only with default keybinds, BAD is where key pieces of the device do not function at all - the device is unusable.

Testing the ShuOne 8 port Synchronouse KM switch & Razer Basilisk v2 mouse - its OK. All mouse buttons function at default settings, but cannot program any macros or change keybinds. (I haven't tested, but I could probably change keybinds at the OS level)

Testing the ShuOne 8 port Synchronouse KM switch & Razer Tartarus Pro - its BAD. None of the main 1-20 keys register at all. Only the scroll wheel and d-pad function with default keybinds. The device is basically unusable
    Last edited by jak3676 : 11-19-2020 at 11:02 AM

I think we need to talk about this in at least 3 levels of functionality - GOOD is where macro's and added functionality work as intended, OK is where device functions, but only with default keybinds, BAD is where key pieces of the device do not function at all - the device is unusable.

Testing the ShuOne 8 port Synchronouse KM switch & Razer Basilisk v2 mouse - its OK. All mouse buttons function at default settings, but cannot program any macros or change keybinds. (I haven't tested, but I could probably change keybinds at the OS level)

Testing the ShuOne 8 port Synchronouse KM switch & Razer Tartarus Pro - its BAD. None of the main 1-20 keys register at all. Only the scroll wheel and d-pad function with default keybinds. The device is basically unusable
    My brain was kinda hurting this morning trying to keep things straight so I started drafting a summary thread but then had to KVM to my stupid locked down work VPN machine until I finished my work day...

Just came back and saw your post so I went and edited the ratings in my draft before posting to accommodate.

Please post testing results (or adjustments to the ratings) to the end of this thread so we can track them easier...
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-20-2020 at 12:40 PM

@krumbl Can you please confirm the following with your ShuOne test as we have conflicting information :

1. What Razer Naga Trinity model are you using exactly?
    2. What side buttons are you using? Razer lets you replace them.
    3. Do macros work?
    4. Do side buttons work?

Thanks!