Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default How to play around raid exp penalty

Hey guys,

I have started an 7 man team, and I'm trying to level them up. I have 4 in one group, and 3 in the other group. When I kill a monster with all my toons, they all get this "-9 exp raid penalty". And due to this, I am barely getting enough exp. Is it just because so many characters are tagging that mob that the game thinks its a raid, and is deducting exp? Is there any way to play around this? What do you guys do to level up an huge team quickly?

Just have them in 2 seperate parties (not a raidgroup).

Then, as you steer from your main, have 1 button that makes only members in party nr 2 tags mobs and gets credit. And 1 button for those in party nr 1. I try to time it so that when everyone is "9 / 10" complete, i finish off party nr 2, then party nr 1. Then carry on to complete the next quest.

The addon named "questplates" is very handy.

Very interesting concept. Obviously this will be a bit slower, but this might work. I'll give it a shot. thanks.

btw, do you know how any bug or addons that might be interfering with me being able to convert a party to a raid group? For what ever reason I want all my toons in a raid, I can't invite more than 5. When I try to, it asks me if I want to convert to a raid, I say yes, and then it proceeds to stay a group. Even if I right click my portrait and try to convert to raid, I get no error messages, but it still doesn't create a raid. I have a feeling some addon like EMA is interfering with this. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerium View Post
    btw, do you know how any bug or addons that might be interfering with me being able to convert a party to a raid group? For what ever reason I want all my toons in a raid, I can't invite more than 5. When I try to, it asks me if I want to convert to a raid, I say yes, and then it proceeds to stay a group. Even if I right click my portrait and try to convert to raid, I get no error messages, but it still doesn't create a raid. I have a feeling some addon like EMA is interfering with this. Any ideas?

Sorry but im not always able to reply fast..

It sounds like you arent the leader of the party. Only the leader can do changes.

Also doublecheck in EMA on all the characters (under "team") that only your main is "master". The others should be "minions".

Also: it doesnt hurt i guess, if they are all in the same guild, to activate "use guild communications" (under "options....communications).

Also, always remember to update the slaves settings by pushing the "push settings" in the upper right part of the EMA window, whenever you have done changes from on your main (or any other character, ideally do changes from your main though). If it all works correctly, all the other characters should tell you in their chat windows, if they got the new settings sent to them.

You can not invite more than 4 others from your main, at once, since a party is max 5 members in total. When you are in a party of 5, then you can press the accept popup button to convert to a raid group (if you use a macro to mass invite more in) and then you can invite more players into the raid (the EMA addon can "autoconvert to raid", if you tick that box, but i suggest leaving this one unticket, as often you want to stay as a "party" (since most "normal 5 man / party quests cant be completed if you are in a raidgroup).

Basically when you setup EMA for the first time, easiest way is for you to invite 4 others from your main into a 5man, then convert to raid, then invite everyone of your characters into a raidgroup (if you play more than 5). Then on each character, you go into the EMA settings and "add all in the raid into your team". Then you select and choose your main character to become the "master", while the others are "minions". Then update all settings. This way you have now "allowed" the main character to be in charge.
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 05-11-2020 at 07:57 PM

Did you ever find a solution?