Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Just like OP did. Use the Appeal guided entry and explain your case.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/2639

If you're not using 1 blizzard account, explain what your other accounts are and what you were doing.

Do not use multiboxing as your only excuse, that's not what you were banned for.
    Do not lie, they know more about your accounts than you probably do.

If you were up to no good, cut your loses and move on. Stop w/e you were doing. Multiboxing has enough issues than to be dragged into the mud with RMTers etc.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh123 View Post
    Just got banned today (3 accounts of 6).
    Using nothing but ISBoxer. Leveled already like 5 parties and everything was fine.

Any chance to appeal this?

so did they answer first time after only 9 days?
    and did they refund days of game time after that appeal?
    that is actually insane waiting 9 days every time you got reported by idiots without any guarantee you will get unbanned, since it depends on reviewing GM I believe..
    my friend got banned with same reason on level 1 characters rofl, while he was configuring isboxer for start, so someone reported him in starter location or something? that is omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    Do not use multiboxing as your only excuse, that's not what you were banned for.
    Huge amount of Reddit threads lately of people getting banned and then unbanned recently. I think this was exactly what he was banned for. The system seems triggerhappy as fuck as of late.

There is that little thing happening in the world, I think it's called connor21 or something.

Your account got straight banned, that's not reports so you can stop playing anyone but yourself.

I sort of don't want to ask cause I think I know the answer, but that were you doing ingame? What do you multibox? Where do you go and do it?

so did they answer first time after only 9 days?
    and did they refund days of game time after that appeal?
    that is actually insane waiting 9 days every time you got reported by idiots without any guarantee you will get unbanned, since it depends on reviewing GM I believe..
    my friend got banned with same reason on level 1 characters rofl, while he was configuring isboxer for start, so someone reported him in starter location or something? that is omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Huge amount of Reddit threads lately of people getting banned and then unbanned recently. I think this was exactly what he was banned for. The system seems triggerhappy as fuck as of late.
    Then how come there are 100s of regular multiboxers that never have anything happen to them?

What is the difference between me and them?

Could it be that I don't so shady shit?

There is that little thing happening in the world, I think it's called connor21 or something.

Your account got straight banned, that's not reports so you can stop playing anyone but yourself.

I sort of don't want to ask cause I think I know the answer, but that were you doing ingame? What do you multibox? Where do you go and do it?
    I tired of playing mages/warlocks, started fresh melee cleave party, made it to Scarlet Monastery and was just leveling there.
    There were party of like 3-4 60's horde which was ganging me everytime I leave dungeon for reset, sort of multibox haters idk, mb they reported me.

What will be your commentary about my friend banned on lvl 1 characters while setting up ISboxer for 2 hours in starting location? Is there some 'shady shit' you can do there?
    I was thinking like you, before me and my friends got their bans, that all that people with bans doing some shady shit and I'm not.
    You ll change ur mind after it happens to you.

There are red flags that could make false flags more likely.

Do you use a VPN?
    Brand new accounts?
    Different b.nets?
    10+ hour sessions?

GMs take days to respond to tickets, I find it hard to believe they respond to player reports immediately, what you were doing directly prior to the ban was probably not what they banned for.

Sorry you were banned, I really am, and I am glad it was overturned.

Then how come there are 100s of regular multiboxers that never have anything happen to them?

What is the difference between me and them?

Could it be that I don't so shady shit?
    Some of this it likely just server and GM specific. There's a number of streamers (StaySafe) who have been calling on multiboxing to be banned. I'd imagine that caused a bunch of people to be reported - and that shouldn't be an issue as there's nothing against TOS with multiboxing. But I'd also assume that there's some >0% of the time (any time there's human/GM intervention required) that a GM is going to get it wrong. So for all the MBers on PvP servers and anywhere MBers are making enemies; I'm sure the number of reports are going up. Even if the false positive rate of GM bans is staying the same it will mean that the number of false positive bans will go up.

The other issue at the moment is that a lot of servers are having a huge problem with bots. I don't want to imply that many multiboxers are botting, but I think there are a huge number of botters who are multiboxing. Maybe the botters aren't multiboxing in the traditional sense like we are, but when they have multiple bot programs all running the exact same routes it can be really hard to actually tell if they're following each other or just have the same programming. For the average player, I'd expect they don't even realize there's a difference and they report them all the same way. If I were a GM, and the last dozen tickets I worked were all bots, I'd really have to be on my A-game to make sure I didn't accidentally get a legit multiboxer mixed up in there - especially because the bots are being programed to look & behave as legit as possible.
    Last edited by jak3676 : 05-05-2020 at 12:59 PM Reason: speel;ing and typos

• GMs are not specific to a server.
    • Influencers have no influence on GMs/Blizzard - more reports just means more reports not more account actions.
    • I don't want to keep repeating myself about reports from other players but GMs don't ban, they suspend.
    • False positives happen. False GM positives are rare but happen. If you get a false GM positive, you're already way into the grey area so stop it.

If you're using bots, it doesn't matter if you're multiboxing or not, it will eventually get caught. For those using autofire macros/scripts/software, that falls under the "botting" umbrella as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jak3676 View Post
    Some of this it likely just server and GM specific. There's a number of streamers (StaySafe) who have been calling on multiboxing to be banned. I'd imagine that caused a bunch of people to be reported - and that shouldn't be an issue as there's nothing against TOS with multiboxing. But I'd also assume that there's some >0% of the time (any time there's human/GM intervention required) that a GM is going to get it wrong. So for all the MBers on PvP servers and anywhere MBers are making enemies I'm sure the number of reports are going up. Even is the false positive rate of GM bans is staying the same it will mean that the number of false positive bans will go up.

The other issue at the moment is that a lot of servers are having a huge problem with bots. I don't want to imply that many multiboxers are botting, I think there is a huge number of botters who are multiboxing. Maybe the botters aren't multiboxing in the traditional sense like we are, but when they have multiple bot programs all running the exact same routes it can be really hard to actually tell if they're following each other or just have the same programming. For the average player, I'd expect they don't even realize there's a difference and they report them all the same way.

I tired of playing mages/warlocks, started fresh melee cleave party, made it to Scarlet Monastery and was just leveling there.
    There were party of like 3-4 60's horde which was ganging me everytime I leave dungeon for reset, sort of multibox haters idk, mb they reported me.

What will be your commentary about my friend banned on lvl 1 characters while setting up ISboxer for 2 hours in starting location? Is there some 'shady shit' you can do there?
    I was thinking like you, before me and my friends got their bans, that all that people with bans doing some shady shit and I'm not.
    You ll change ur mind after it happens to you.
    I've been multiboxing for 10 years. I've had a GM contact me once ingame. I won't hold my breath on it happening to me.

How many instances did you run, were you boosting with a high level, what were you doing with the items and gold that you received, is wow being launched through any other program than isboxer, what do you do on your retail, since the launch of classic have you ever tried any bots or scripts, even just once?

As for my commentary on your friend, I have no idea what else is he running on his computer. What connection he's using. What other players is connected to him so I'll cover it with a vague shady shit again.

Stop thinking a specific "just before I got banned" incident as the cause of it. 99.9% of the time it wasn't.