Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Cool BAN update (overturned)

So on April 22nd and 23rd, I was boosting 4 of my chars for a new boxing team in Scarlet Monastery (about 5 hours sessions each day). The next day, I got a permanent ban (due to supposed "cheats") on the account of the char I was driving from (my best geared mage).

I appealed it, after 9 days they answer the ticket, and turns out IT WAS DUE TO PLAYER REPORTS (facepalm). The GM who revised the reports somehow decided that I was cheating and perma-banned me (LUL). After I appealed it, they changed the ban to a 6 month suspension and started a "second review" of the case to check if it was an error.

And the next day (today, 11 days after the ban), voilà!, everything was overturned, no ban no suspension and account 100% functional.

So basically: If enough retards report you while you are boosting your new teams (or god knows what other situations), you will get banned if a dumb GM check the reports. Looks like the GM considered that me boosting other 4 of my chars in SM was "cheating/explotation of game mechanics" LOL.

I hope Blizzard has some sort of quality control for this stuff coz this shit is serious business, you can basically get a perma-ban FOR NOTHING if you have bad luck with the random GM that check the reports, it's insane.

From this day on I'm gonna laugh at the retards who say the typical "you can't be banned for multiboxing"... O RLY?

I'm going back to SM to boost myself, I hope a don't get banned again, LOL!

Assuming this is all true, I think this is something that needs addressed..just not sure how we would go about it. If i ever got banned for doing nothing wrong like you have.. i would be pretty upset about it, you would hope GMs know what is a bot/cheater and what is a multiboxer. They need to educate their GMs it seems like.This should never happen period.. we are paying customers, even when you get it overturned like in this case, and others, it simply should not happen..ESPECIALLY when a GM investigates its and decides you were cheating, when you were not..WHAT? It takes days to get these overturned..you are being punished for their ignorance.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blizzard is a different company now. As much as absolutely possible is automated when before you had real people. They seem to have changed the length of the bans as well. Permanent used to be reserved for gold sellers and exploiting the economy. Bans for botting were short.

I feel its now like this:
    Player reports -> computer algorithm -> ban -> appeal -> real person

For your ban, I don't see how it was your scarlet monastery boosting. Other players cant see you in there, seems unlikely to be mass reports from it.

Maybe a streamer saw you and had his fans mass report you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I feel its now like this:
    Player reports -> computer algorithm -> ban -> appeal -> real person
    That's an interesting theory, if it was automated would explain how I was banned for nothing (maybe the algorithm is triggered once you reach a certain number of reports?), although I think it's really weird that the system generates a perma-ban without human supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Other players cant see you in there, seems unlikely to be mass reports from it.
    They can see you with /who (they do it all the time for looking for mages to boost them), or when you get out of the instance to go to different parts of it (Graveyard, Cathedral, Armory, Library) or to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    This is a generic email, it does not mean it was the cause of your ban.
    It just means they choose that template when the initial uphold action was applied.

So basically: If enough retards report you while you are boosting your new teams (or god knows what other situations), you will get banned if a dumb GM check the reports. Looks like the GM considered that me boosting other 4 of my chars in SM was "cheating/explotation of game mechanics" LOL.
    You don't get directly banned from player reports. You'd get a suspension from a GM after they checked you because of those reports.

I hope Blizzard has some sort of quality control for this stuff coz this shit is serious business, you can basically get a perma-ban FOR NOTHING if you have bad luck with the random GM that check the reports, it's insane.
    Your account was hit for doing something so close to banworthy shit, that you got hit with a false positive.

From this day on I'm gonna laugh at the retards who say the typical "you can't be banned for multiboxing"... O RLY
    You didn't get banned for multiboxing.
    Last edited by Jabberie : 05-04-2020 at 06:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    You didn't get banned for multiboxing.
    Why I got ban then?

Multiboxing -> Bunch of reports (because I multiboxing) -> GM checks reports -> Ban.

If I were 1-boxing that ban would have never happened.

Why I got ban then?

Multiboxing -> Bunch of reports (because I multiboxing) -> GM checks reports -> Ban.

Its what you're doing while multiboxing not the multiboxing. And they did only ban the one account, not all.

But glad you got it worked out, sad that it took them so long.

There was a post on reddit saying that 5 accounts on the same IP in a dungeon get automatically flagged for investigation. I am not sure how true this is but i would imagine they would need to whitelist multi-boxers if that was the case overwise they would need to be constantly looking into us lol.

Why I got ban then?

You would get suspended if it was a GM, not banned.

You say you were boosting, you probably hit bot levels of instances generated.

Just got banned today (3 accounts of 6).
    Using nothing but ISBoxer. Leveled already like 5 parties and everything was fine.

Any chance to appeal this?
    Attached Images Attached Images