Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Banned

Exclamation Banned

Hey guys.

Yesterday I was boosting 4 of my chars in Scarlet Monastery using my mage (running IsBoxer as always) and today Blizzard has banned the account where the mage is. I have received an e-mail saying that I have been banned for using hacks/bots.

Has this happened to anybody else? Is there anything I can do?

Since I'm new to boosting and I'm bad at it, I was wiping a lot trying to learn how to do the pulls correctly, maybe is this behaviour (insistence/repetitive runs in spite of wiping) what has been detected as a "bot"?
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-25-2020 at 11:30 AM Reason: Thread Title Changed

ISBoxer did not get you banned. Most likely you were running another program that flagged it, whether that was intentional or not. Your only recourse is to appeal and state what you've stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyl41 View Post
    ISBoxer did not get you banned. Most likely you were running another program that flagged it, whether that was intentional or not. Your only recourse is to appeal and state what you've stated.
    Highly doubt it was another program (not saying it was due to IsBoxer, which I have been using since Classic's launch), otherwise they would have banned all the accounts, they have banned only the WoW license of the boosting char.

I have appealed it, let's see what happens, if they don't unban it this is the end of my WoW career after 11 years, lol.

Blog Entries

What addons are you running? Mages boost everyone at SM all the time.
    RiP 10 box team! - Failarena. US -
    Current Team - TBC - Duo-Boxing |Warlock/Priest
    2v2 arenas and battle grounds!

multiboxing live @ http://twitch.tv/sethlan youtube @ https://youtube.com/sethlan

Woke up today to a ban aswell. Running standard 4m+p setup. Nothing in my setup has changed, normal ISboxer setup, normal addons, etc.

The account banned is the priest which I drive from which I've had since early TBC so it's upsetting, hopefully it's an automated thing due covid and will be fixed once I appeal. Although it does say "Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals".

The offence given was: "Offense: Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks)"

Never done anything dodgey before. Usually I'll lurk and see these banned posts and roll my eyes thinking they've obviously done something wrong. But now it's happened to me.. I'll just have to see what happened after I contact blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by sethlan View Post
    What addons are you running? Mages boost everyone at SM all the time.
    Atlas, TellMeWhen, WeakAuras, Clique, Details, Spy... all the typical things, why? Has any addon caused bans?

Quote Originally Posted by azboxer View Post
    Woke up today to a ban aswell. Running standard 4m+p setup. Nothing in my setup has changed, normal ISboxer setup, normal addons, etc.

The account banned is the priest which I drive from which I've had since early TBC so it's upsetting, hopefully it's an automated thing due covid and will be fixed once I appeal. Although it does say "Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals".

The offence given was: "Offense: Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks)"

Never done anything dodgey before. Usually I'll lurk and see these banned posts and roll my eyes thinking they've obviously done something wrong. But now it's happened to me.. I'll just have to see what happened after I contact blizzard.
    Exactly like me, I also received the ban e-mail just after woking up at 09:48 GMT+1.
    Last edited by Spyro : 04-24-2020 at 08:24 AM

What server do you play on azboxer?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    What server do you play on azboxer?
    Shazzrah EU. I'm pretty confident since I know I've done nothing wrong it'll be revoked but we'll see. It must be an automated ban due to reports since it's the guy I drive from that's banned. If it was due to software then surely my 4 slaves would be banned too.

I'm on Golemagg EU.

My banned account is also the guy I was driving from, but... isn't too much of a coincidence that we have been reported a banned the same day? This looks like a Ban Wave to me, which means that I was wrong in my initial analysis thinking that this is related to what I was doing in-game (SM Boosting).
    Last edited by Spyro : 04-24-2020 at 08:58 AM