Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Banned

azboxer Can you tell me the timestamp of the ban e-mail and your timezone? To see if we have received it at the same time (which would confirm the ban wave hypothesis).

False positives have happened on occasion. If you know you did not do anything wrong, contest the ban. Sadly with Blizzard's customer support being what it is, you will most likely receive a cookie cutter "we have now confirmed that the initial decision was correct" type response. It might take a few attempts to get them to hear you out, but keep trying. Be politely and explain what you were doing. Some have had luck getting incorrectly applied bans overturned.

Keep in mind that this suspension was not for what you did yesterday. It would have been weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Keep in mind that this suspension was not for what you did yesterday. It would have been weeks ago.
    Yeah that was what I was thinking when @azboxer said he has been banned this morning too.
    I have never done anything against the ToS tho, just normal boxing.
    It's very likely that other multiboxers have been hit by this.

Blog Entries

>>> This scares me, as i'm also leveling mages and a priest. :-/ maybe someone thinks its a BOT? and got many reports? which is weird because they have to look into it before they take action_ I almost don't wanna level anymore chars....
    RiP 10 box team! - Failarena. US -
    Current Team - TBC - Duo-Boxing |Warlock/Priest
    2v2 arenas and battle grounds!

multiboxing live @ http://twitch.tv/sethlan youtube @ https://youtube.com/sethlan

Quote Originally Posted by sethlan View Post
    >>> This scares me, as i'm also leveling mages and a priest. :-/ maybe someone thinks its a BOT? and got many reports? which is weird because they have to look into it before they take action_ I almost don't wanna level anymore chars....
    I would not worry. I have so far taken three teams through SM for the 26 to 42 leveling range.

Even the false positives are usually from some red flag behavior. All night farming session, flooding AH with hundreds of stacks of ore, non-participation in BGs, avoiding the queue, layer hopping for kills, different b.net accounts, etc.

Appeals take time, lets wait and see.

You know I watched this and knew it was going to create some issues...having not played WoW for long so I didn't really know what that would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqd3UobeyJA

That could have triggered a lot of reporting, specifically around 3:50. /shrug

Just saying, could have caused a wave of reporting boxers and tripped a few switches.
    Last edited by StephenMB : 04-25-2020 at 11:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by StephenMB View Post
    You know I watched this and knew it was going to create some issues...having not played WoW for long so I didn't really know what that would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqd3UobeyJA

That could have triggered a lot of reporting, specifically around 3:50. /shrug

Just saying, could have caused a wave of reporting boxers and tripped a few switches.
    Interesting listen. Gives you a good idea of how the masses think about what we do.. but i think its mostly angst against PvP boxing.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Several reports on Reddit about people getting banned this week as well. Most seem to think it has to do with them buying mass black lotus for thier guild. In many cases my bet is that the person doing the farming was botting, then when the other other person bought something for over 1000g, it looks as if they're in on it.

I'll bet a lot of the current wave of bans is catching people like that - catching not just the botters, but people interacting with them as well. I've heard some of the SM and ZF farms are being botted now.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenMB View Post
    Or you know, they could ban streamers too. I'll guarantee you the queues have more to do with streamers than the few of us MBers. /shug