Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Why people using 2 party of 4man instead of 1 group of 5? BFA

I saw a lot of guys using 2 groups of 4 for gold farming in open world... why? (and is it true that open world gold farm is better than dungeon farm?)

Mobs can be tagged by five people and looted. As well as those five people, everyone in their parties gets to loot as well. Assuming another player doesn't get a tag in, two teams of 4 guarantee that all 8 characters can loot every mob tagged by both teams. 8 is also the max number of WoW licenses you can have on a single bnet account, meaning all 8 toons can share in account-wide things like mounts, pets, and tmog.

I run 8 toons, and the main reason that I made the jump from 5 to 8 was for more chances at rare loot, like mounts. There are pros and cons to running 8.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

What do you mean 8 licenses on a single bnet acc? you can play on 8 chars from 1 account? or bnet friends can share mounts or something else? i'm stupid sry :d i mean how did you share mounts, pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayonaralover View Post
    What do you mean 8 licenses on a single bnet acc? you can play on 8 chars from 1 account? or bnet friends can share mounts or something else? i'm stupid sry :d i mean how did you share mounts, pets?
    1 BNET account can activate a maximum of 8 WoW accounts. Every WOW account on the same BNET account share all achievement rewards mounts, toys, heirlooms. You can send bind of bnet account items to any character on any of those wow accounts as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Am I correct that the first group of 4, even if just one person tags it, count as 4 of those 5 tags? I'm imagining someone running around with 5 teams of 5 and 1 toon from each team tags it and BOOM it's an explosion of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Am I correct that the first group of 4, even if just one person tags it, count as 4 of those 5 tags? I'm imagining someone running around with 5 teams of 5 and 1 toon from each team tags it and BOOM it's an explosion of loot.
    Would not work - only 10(9) player can loot - same as ore/herbs

The BEST Gold Farming Technique 2x4 EXPLAINED
    Last edited by Tin : 02-21-2020 at 05:15 AM
    Eonar - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Would not work - only 10 player can loot - same as ore/herbs
    Good to know. I'd wondered the same thing as Kate in the past.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

Only way I see you can bypass it - is when the last player that loot is in a raidgroup - but then again - loot in a raidgroup is less that you would get from a normal 5 man group.
    Eonar - EU

Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines. Still, 8x cloth farming isn't a terrible idea if I remain too lazy to make my money via AH arbitrage.