Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 5 man team with three hunters, am I crazy?

Just for shits and giggles I started leveling a warrior/shaman/hunter x3 team with the goal to run dungeons and have a little fun.

Is it possible to make 3 hunters work in this situation? The team is difficult compared to my war/priest/lock x3 team, but it is still early days as I haven't even hit level 10 yet.

if 5 hunters can do it, i don't see the problem of having a tank and healer instead
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackDrgnu/videos

Seeing how well BM pets tank, I'd probably just run 4 hunters + shaman. Chain heal for healing the pets and grace of air totem for a nice dps boost to the hunters.

For a 5 boxer having 3+ Hunters gives you the best setup for Power Leveling via Pet Tagging to boost 1 or 2 characters real quickly...
    Last edited by nodoze : 05-09-2020 at 04:57 PM

I have started a team with a hunter included since I want one of each class. Ive Been scared of hunters since i dont know how to control them as minions in my team. It has Been difficult for me. Does anyone have some tips they can share? As of now Im running a GSE macro for him but i find him in Melee range doing nothing more often then not

On my server I see a 5x hunter team farming dme.
    so specific dungeon farm with tank and healer should be doable.

hunters disadvantage
    dead zone,
    weak aoe compared to mages
    no easy cc

hunter advantage
    cleave fight (3 targets)
    aggro reset
    tank pet

I started a shaman and 4x hunter team, just for fun.
    Mainteam - Level 60
    Warrior / Mage / Mage / Warlock / Shaman

2nd Team - Level 25
    Druid / Rogue / Rogue / Rogue / Druid

3rd Team - Level 16
    Shaman / Hunter / Hunter / Hunter / Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Tazeon View Post
    On my server I see a 5x hunter team farming dme.
    I started a shaman and 4x hunter team, just for fun.
    I agree with your team structure.

Personally I have never understood what 5 hunters has over 4hunters+Healer (especially a Shaman healer).

I understand there is some simplicity to running 5 of one class and 5 pets going crazy is funny but 4 pets is pretty similar... To be fair I haven't tried both groups in Classic (so I can't speak to from direct personal experience) but it has always seemed compelling to me that a Healer (especially a Shaman) adds much more to 4 Hunters than a 5th Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    I agree with your team structure.

Personally I have never understood what 5 hunters has over 4hunters+Healer (especially a Shaman healer).

I understand there is some simplicity to running 5 of one class and 5 pets going crazy is funny but 4 pets is pretty similar... To be fair I haven't tried both groups in Classic (so I can't speak to from direct personal experience) but it has always seemed compelling to me that a Healer (especially a Shaman) adds much more to 4 Hunters than a 5th Hunter.
    You take basically no damage in DM:E. The limiting factor is how fast you can run through it.
    Last edited by strokes : 05-06-2020 at 05:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by strokes View Post
    You take basically no damage in DM:E. The limiting factor is how fast you can run through it.
    My comments were not specific to DME as it is just one area of one dungeon. That being said it would be interesting to know how close the relative clear time of a 5 Hunter vs 4Hunter+Shaman (semi-passive with totems) is for something like DME. If there is a lot of stopping for looting anyway such that drinking isn't a big slowdown a Shaman in DME could go full offensive in addition to totems. Be interesting to see the relative ease and clear times of those scenarios...
    Last edited by nodoze : 05-07-2020 at 03:09 PM