Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Classic trio - Paladin + ??

I have a lvl 60 Paladin, and want/need two char's to follow him farming gold and try to "solo" dungeons.

I was playing a few trios, to see what I like:
    Priest + Mage + Mage
    Warrior + Paladin + Paladin
    Rogue + Druid + Druid
    Warlock * 3

Tried to make a Pro/Con list:
    Warlock;
    +dps
    +SS & HS
    +imp fire shield
    +life tap + pala heal = warlock mana
    ++aoe
    +summon friends

Druid:
    ++buff (motw & thorns)
    +heal
    -mana
    -dps
    ?aoe

Mage:
    ++dps
    +water & portals
    +++aoe

Pala:
    +++buff (blessing & aura)
    ++heal
    —dps
    +aoe

Anything I'v overlooked?
    Other classes that would be better?

I'm thinking the two Warlock's or Warlock and Mage, but I'm not sure :S
    Last edited by dimzen : 12-20-2019 at 03:20 PM

I have a mixed 4man team of Paladin - Druid - Warlock - Hunter. Which isn't far from a better 3man I suppose I've been using this Paladin to boost the second group of 2xMage-Rogue-Priest, but you need gear to be able to boost properly in low lvl Dungeons. It certainly helps to have 2x lowbie mages helping with AoE there. How much would you like to "solo" at 60 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Congau View Post
    I have a mixed 4man team of Paladin - Druid - Warlock - Hunter. Which isn't far from a better 3man I suppose I've been using this Paladin to boost the second group of 2xMage-Rogue-Priest, but you need gear to be able to boost properly in low lvl Dungeons. It certainly helps to have 2x lowbie mages helping with AoE there. How much would you like to "solo" at 60 though?
    My Pala have the two T2 and allmost T1, så he has the gear
    I like to solo what ever I can, with help from the two I choose, to make the money faster
    My Pala got a orange drop from Rag last night, so I need money, to make the weapon

Interesting discussion. If your main Paladin is going to be pushing Threat I would think that you would want a healer due to interrupts and what not.

I really like having my own mage for free level 55 water and ports without having to ask others but I prefer a tanky Warlock for actual grinding.

If you had enough to summon your main to the dungeon that could save you quite a bit of time but I don't think you can do that with only 3 accounts.

If it were me I would likely do 2 Paladins and a Warlock (or a Mage if you prefer Mages) as that gives a Tank, Healer, and 3 AoEs (though relatively fairly low AoE) and an off-tank (if you go with Warlock).

Curious what other folks recommend. If folk think that self-healing Tanking is viable then Paladin+Warlocks (or Mages if you prefer).
    Last edited by nodoze : 12-20-2019 at 11:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by dimzen View Post
    My Pala got a orange drop from Rag last night, so I need money, to make the weapon
    Congrats!

What I meant is that you might need special items such as Skullflame shield or Demon Forged Breastplate to single-pull SM etc, unless contributing with alts. I haven't gotten around to testing this myself With my undergeared pally I was having trouble in DM/SFK already.

Even 3 chars might not be enough to solo all 5mans completely? Probably depends whether going 3x dps or tank/dps/heal class combos.

An option could be to go for two classes that can go even completely solo by kiting such as hunter/warlock/spriest/mage. E.g. DM North/East solos. With warlock/mage one could AoE farm lower Dungeons. With 2x mage one could kite mobs through Blizzard and Consecration at higher lvl. Too many options rly

Did you consider Warlock + Shadow Priest for dots and heal?

Not so sure if I would put Druid up as "+aoe". Swipe + Hurricane isn't that awesome

Ahh.
    I got Skullflame, still looking for the armor :/

Didn't think about Warlock + sPriest, have to lvl a priest then

Naa.. I'll change the druid to ?aoe :P

Ahh.
    I got Skullflame, still looking for the armor :/

Didn't think about Warlock + sPriest, have to lvl a priest then

Naa.. I'll change the druid to ?aoe :P
    For unlimited AoEs Mages and Warlocks are your best bets for high damage output with unlimited cap on the numbers of mobs. Both work well with a Paladin reducing their threat and doing some AoE himself.

A Priest is nice but a 2nd Paladin can also do some AoE with Concentrate and heal your main tank as well as a Priest. I use a Priest myself as my main healer but I have 3 Warlocks and a Paladin Tank doing AoE...

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    For unlimited AoEs Mages and Warlocks are your best bets for high damage output with unlimited cap on the numbers of mobs. Both work well with a Paladin reducing their threat and doing some AoE himself.

A Priest is nice but a 2nd Paladin can also do some AoE with Concentrate and heal your main tank as well as a Priest. I use a Priest myself as my main healer but I have 3 Warlocks and a Paladin Tank doing AoE...
    So what would you choose for my Pala trio?
    2*Mage
    2*Warlock
    or Mage and Warlock?

So what would you choose for my Pala trio?
    2*Mage
    2*Warlock
    or Mage and Warlock?
    Personally I would do 1Paladin+2Warlocks+2Pets.

Note that I also have a 60 Mage for free level 55 water/food/ports that I use to summon many stacks before grinding sessions and then log off so that isn't a factor/concern for me...
    Last edited by nodoze : 12-21-2019 at 08:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    Personally I would do 1Paladin+2Warlocks+2Pets.

Note that I also have a 60 Mage for free level 55 water/food/ports that I use to summon many stacks before grinding sessions and then log off so that isn't a factor/concern for me...
    Thx