Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Gold farming with a 10man?

Anybody here gold farm with a 10man group current instances? Iv been playing the Ah game and its been very inconsistent.....whats consistent is rare epic gear...recepies and vendoring...i was thing...how can i maximize that? What if i blow through instances like strar and scholo much faster and easier and just farm faster which would result in more loot. Anybody with10 man experience doing current dungeons? Does the profit margin increase vs 5 as far ad speed and wipes?

Not worth to go farming with 10 man for several reasons:

A) All end game dungeons are 5 man only, even in raid so 10 man group is wasted.
    B) All loot can be only looted by a single character unlike retail where each character gets his own loot
    C) The loot from UBRS/LBRS will never surpass Living side of Stratholme as that is the only place where righteous orbs drop

Hope that clarifies things.
    www.twitch.tv/waterwalk
    waterwalk@youtube
    Paypal donation https://streamlabs.com/waterwalk/tip
    Use my Isboxer referal for free days when signing up!
    Referral Code:
    #8054-7845945
    Recruit a friend Wow code for new wow accounts:
    https://battle.net/recruit/NX6NZ9QFMR

You cant create a raid for strat live ? But you can for SM? I did not know that.

I understand you only get 1 item but you get to that item quicker thus can make more runs with 10 man??

Still not worth it?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukzor View Post
    You cant create a raid for strat live ? But you can for SM? I did not know that.

I understand you only get 1 item but you get to that item quicker thus can make more runs with 10 man??

Still not worth it?

Thank you.
    The Levels tab on the 'Classic WoW Planing' spreadsheet shows which content allows more than 5 characters (the ones highlighted in yellow are limited to 5).

10boxing makes sense if you are farming BiS items (or particular items) from LBRS & UBRS and if trying to get drops off trash in raids (&/or joining other people in raids).

You can take 10 into lower level dungeons but you get reduced XP so most times it isn't worth it if you are trying to level.
    Last edited by nodoze : 11-25-2019 at 03:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nodoze View Post
    The Levels tab on the 'Classic WoW Planing' spreadsheet shows which content allows more than 5 characters.

10boxing makes sense if you are farming BiS items (or particular items) from LBRS & UBRS and if trying to get drops off trash in raids (&/or joining other people in raids).

You can take 10 into lower level dungeons but you get reduced XP so most times it isn't worth it if you are trying to level.

Oh i see, thank you for pointing that out. I was thinking from just killing stuff faster for gold perspective but since you cant 10 man most of them, makes no sense.

I appreciate the replies guys.
    Last edited by Yukzor : 11-25-2019 at 02:51 PM

LBRS and UBRS aslo drop recipes and can drop BoE epics. But i am doing 10 man for farming future raid trash in ZG ( the tokens for rep sell well in the beginning weeks of ZG )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

You can 10 man everything except BRD and Dire Maul last I checked. So strat/scholo/lbrs/ubrs. Which makes pre-bis farming much easier. However, 10 manning if you're intending to grind levels will be painfully slow. Not recommended.

Depending on your group composition, it's probably pointless to level another group to 60, just to 10 man this stuff, since you could work your way through this stuff on your own with 5 and get all that gear faster than you'd level probably anything but 4 mages and a healer, even then, probably not worth it, since by the time you hit 60 with a new group of mages, you'd probably be done pre-bis with your first group anyways, if you just invested that time into grinding those dungeons out

If check the levels tab it shows which are limited to 5. From memory BRD, scholo, strat are all limited to 5.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They were not limited to 5 in vanilla. I haven't tried myself, but they were always raid-able up to a certain patch, forget which.

Looks like they changed it in patch 1.10, so a few patches before what we're playing on. Didn't know that those ones were capped in classic. Interesting. So my recommendation that you don't 10 man it still stands for that other guy haha !
    Last edited by Mercbeast : 11-26-2019 at 11:04 PM

10 man gold farming instances - zf would be good. I did the math and if you clear most of the mobs in the entire instance in 12 minutes its around 150-200+ gold an hour and its basically all vendor loot. Other than that, open world farming would be your way to go, for example e'kos is a great farm and at current prices you could get about 400 gold an hour 10 man farming frostmaul e'kos. Last night I was farming eye of shadows and got 9 of them priced at 400 gold each atm and that was on a 5 box, 10 box would be the dream lol.