Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterik
    I can't see IP based banning become all that popular.
    Unfortunately it is, I know of several people who botted on one account, yet never did anything to violate the EULA on their main accounts, yet ban-day comes through and poof, all accounts closed. Blizzard do ban multiple accounts based on IP's and ownership details if they have enough evidence to support the closure of a single account.
    Yeah, 'cause he WAS CHEATING.

If you don't cheat on ANY off the accounts then you are 100% fine.

They won't ban you JUST BECAUSE you have more than one account on the same IP.

There's seven PC's in this house with net access ...

Hmmm...Interresting.

I live in LA. My girlfriend (soon to be fiance) is currently in the Philippines. WOW Is the only 2nd medium we have for communication other than VoIP. She can access any of my 6 accounts because she has a fettish in leveling a character to their 30-40s then saying "I'm bored" and starts another one. Her naming convention is quite interesting as well

If they do look at you logging in an area in LA once - then the Philippines 15 later ... then INVESTIGATE - I'm sure they've investigated on me already (or at least I'd imagine).

I've been letting her log in my accts for over a year now and though I'm not invulnerable from mass banning, she's pretty much family to me. I can only deal with it when it happens but I doubt I'll be preventing her from logging into any of my accounts. I'm sure there are parents who let their kids play in their accounts, as well as husbands/wives letting their spouse play on their accts. I don't see how mine is any different really.

Parents allowing one (1) minor dependant share the account is fine. Sharing an account with multiple minors, non-minor kids (I think it is age 13 or something) or anyone else be it spouse, family, friend, etc. is not allowed by the ToS / EULA. Although it does happen all the time and it's not something Blizzard actively looks for, or there would be a LOT more banned accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabface
    Parents allowing one (1) minor dependant share the account is fine. Sharing an account with multiple minors, non-minor kids (I think it is age 13 or something) or anyone else be it spouse, family, friend, etc. is not allowed by the ToS / EULA. Although it does happen all the time and it's not something Blizzard actively looks for, or there would be a LOT more banned accounts.
    You can't tell any of that by merely looking at IP addresses.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The guy who got banned and was "Innocent" according to his peers didn't tell all his peers what he was up to. The guy who got banned and was "Innocent" of all transgressions according to himself, was most likely a liar.

Now I do know a guy who had 3 accounts with different billing info and got them all three banned - because he was farming AH for gold (Buy low sell high) and selling the profits from a 3rd account for RL$$$. Blizz banned all three.

He appealed every day for a month and they restored the account with his main on it (that was in his name). He couldn't get the 2nd account restored because it wasn't in his name, and the 3rd was legitimately selling gold... so persistence in annoying them pays off.