Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 32

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Warrior, paladin and warlock would work fine but mages give you more reliable CC plus free water and portals that speed things up quite a bit. If I were mostly focused on PvE I'd definitely pick at least one mage. Mage AE is also simpler since you're just spamming arcane explosion and cone of cold most of the time.

Then again, warlock would allow you to summon people to you if you're regularly pugging 2 DPS so there is that.
    How does class specialization work in Vanilla? Can I flip from tank to healer easily?

Quote Originally Posted by tchallaaoc View Post
    How does class specialization work in Vanilla? Can I flip from tank to healer easily?
    You have to pay to respec, and it increases every time you do it. So, no, it's not easy unless you can come up with lots of in-game money.

[edit] That said, it is possible that Blizzard may change their minds on that one, though if you think about it from a money perspective, allowing people to pay for subscription tokens with gold on the AH would be profitable considering how hard it is to get for the average classic player. I would probably sell one or two just to get a leg up on mounts and such if dungeon spamming doesn't result in mana from heaven like a lot of people are claiming.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 06-10-2019 at 07:26 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

The old vanilla guild of about 10 to 12 are coming back.
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    You have to pay to respec, and it increases every time you do it. So, no, it's not easy unless you can come up with lots of in-game money.

[edit] That said, it is possible that Blizzard may change their minds on that one, though if you think about it from a money perspective, allowing people to pay for subscription tokens with gold on the AH would be profitable considering how hard it is to get for the average classic player. I would probably sell one or two just to get a leg up on mounts and such if dungeon spamming doesn't result in mana from heaven like a lot of people are claiming.
    They won't do that for at least a year if they want classic to be successful and even after one year it'd cause a revolt
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-11-2019 at 08:04 AM Reason: Merged
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

You can tank and heal in the same spec as either druid or paladin. All you have to do is swap gear. HoTW/NS is also the strongest PvP spec for a druid.

Druid: https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...ATMkcz3BD6NCEA
    Paladin: https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...Az3QwAQ_3yBxAA

I wouldn't recommend paladin tanking without a mage in the group though. You pretty much have to drink after every pull so having that water supply is essential. If you do have a paladin, healer & mage you can do some pretty huge pulls. Kite mobs around your consecration with the mages spamming frost nova, cone of cold and arcane explosion and you can pull a ton of mobs without taking all that much damage.

I've leveled a paladin, priest and 3 mage group. It's super fast grinding in PvE.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 06-11-2019 at 07:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post

[edit] That said, it is possible that Blizzard may change their minds on that one, though if you think about it from a money perspective, allowing people to pay for subscription tokens with gold on the AH would be profitable considering how hard it is to get for the average classic player. ...
    For many reasons I hope they don't revise respec costs/penalties... The biggest reason for me is that it lessens the value of the few specs who can regularly change roles like the below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    You can tank and heal in the same spec as either druid or paladin. All you have to do is swap gear. HoTW/NS is also the strongest PvP spec for a druid.

Druid: https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...ATMkcz3BD6NCEA
    Paladin: https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...Az3QwAQ_3yBxAA

Hybrid classes already have several penalties and if everyone can switch specs easily it makes the 'Hybrid Tax' even more unfair.
    Last edited by nodoze : 06-12-2019 at 04:22 AM

Sorry, I couldn't edit my last post, but I wanted to know what people think for dungeon farming using mmmmPal and the benefits compared to mmmmpriest? I am sorry if it's been covered a lot, but I wasn't able to figure out what the search term for paladin vs priest was.

Priest gives you fort, spirit buff, holy nova and shadow protection. While I haven't done mmmmpal, I think farming without those would be much slower.

perfect thanks for the clear response.

When you do MMMMP, do you "drive" with your priest or with a mage and the priest with a clique/vuhdo sort of thing? Trying to figure out how to change from MMMMM to MMMMP
    ---
    10-man multiboxer - i7 9700 - 64 GB RAM - Geforce RTX 2070 Super - Samsung Odyssey 49" 5120x1440 Ultra Wide, Elgato Stream Deck XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishoyster View Post
    When you do MMMMP, do you "drive" with your priest or with a mage and the priest with a clique/vuhdo sort of thing? Trying to figure out how to change from MMMMM to MMMMP
    I drive from the priest unless I need to switch to do collection quests. I use grid2 + clique for healing, with a dxNothing window on the mages that shows my priest's grid2 setup for click-healing. Could probably do it in a less cluttered way but it works for me for now.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)