Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone View Post
    Don't you typically try to work in a Corruption per target then include the Warlock's shadowbolt with the same button that activates Mage's frostbolt? I am new to this and have been toying with tank/healer/2 mage/1 warlock

I am not sure if leveling the tank/healer on their own then doing the warlock/mages would be faster or not then just having them get together as a 5man at the first dungeon.
    Nope. At 60 in a PvE environment you apply your assigned curse and then spam shadowbolt. That's it. You generally won't be allowed to apply any of your other DoT's due to the limited debuff slots.

Until you get a decent amount of spell/shadow damage gear it's actually not even worth casting shadowbolt. Your wand will usually be higher single target DPS.

Leveling two sets will definitely be slower than grinding dungeons as a 5man. Particularly as you get up into the 50's where you actually want to keep some of the gear you get because it's BiS for your preraid set. Far more efficient to farm this stuff as you level rather than grinding to 60, then going back to do Maraudon, BRD, etc.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 06-03-2019 at 05:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post

Boxing will definitely slow down your leveling speed either way. Most of us that box regularly don't do it because it's faster, we just enjoy it.
    Oh of course, I'm talking more of questing in the initial rush of players, when it is impossible to even get a mob kill let alone classic quest loot drop percentages.

One thing I have only really recently considered is the effect of dual boxing on the social aspect of the game. On the stress test i grouped up with 3 different people as we quested, and that was just to level 5.

Social interaction is what a lot of people discuss with regards to classic, and I think that I will miss that if I am boxing right out of the gate.

The more I think about it, the more playing a single toon is feeling like the right way to go at launch

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel90 View Post
    Will you multibox a mixed class team with Tank | 3 DPS | Heal ?
    Yes - I'm not sure whether I'll end up going horde or alliance.

If horde: Warrior + Priest + Warlock + 2 x Mage

If alliance: Warrior + Paladin + Warlock + 2 x Mage

Paladin is only because they're good at powerlevelling and I tend to do a lot of teams :-)
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    So there might be value in activating extra accounts to 5 box the first team up through dungeons? Interesting.
    A friend of mine who is a vanilla 'veteran' told me I was crazy trying to box release, and I should just level my raid toon (mage) to begin with.
    If you don't want to deal with group mechanics at the start leveling one and then boosting to around 50 may work nearly as well as leveling a team. You'll still need to finish your teams for about the last 10 levels, but you'll also avoid 40 levels or so of it. It might even be faster overall.

Making up some numbers... If you can level a single character in 5-7 days (under 5 is doable, but with contention/etc) and a group in 10-12 (not sure on this, but seems about right, not quite twice as slow), then it becomes an interesting question of if you can boost + finish a group in 5 or less. I think the answer is yes and so that makes me wonder if single + boost rest might not be the fastest option. It likely depends on what the actual numbers turn out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sservis View Post
    If you don't want to deal with group mechanics at the start leveling one and then boosting to around 50 may work nearly as well as leveling a team. You'll still need to finish your teams for about the last 10 levels, but you'll also avoid 40 levels or so of it. It might even be faster overall.
    OOOOOOh I didn't even consider boosting through dungeons for the rest of my team. I could boost guildies at the same time for the sweet social points

Quote Originally Posted by stubbadub3000 View Post
    One thing I have only really recently considered is the effect of dual boxing on the social aspect of the game. On the stress test i grouped up with 3 different people as we quested, and that was just to level 5.

Social interaction is what a lot of people discuss with regards to classic, and I think that I will miss that if I am boxing right out of the gate.

The more I think about it, the more playing a single toon is feeling like the right way to go at launch
    I am considering making 3 or 4 man teams for that reason (so you can invite people in and help them; or join as dps in dungeons)

But it won't be very efficient not being able to do dungeons alone
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Quote Originally Posted by Moorea View Post
    I am considering making 3 or 4 man teams for that reason (so you can invite people in and help them; or join as dps in dungeons)

But it won't be very efficient not being able to do dungeons alone
    If you do something along the lines of tank druid, priest, mage it shouldn't take you long at all to find a couple DPS to fill the last 2 slots for any dungeon.

You could even be picky about which classes you bring so they don't compete for loot. There'll be a million hunters and warriors in classic.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 06-09-2019 at 03:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    If you do something along the lines of tank druid, priest, mage it shouldn't take you long at all to find a couple DPS to fill the last 2 slots for any dungeon.

You could even be picky about which classes you bring so they don't compete for loot. There'll be a million hunters and warriors in classic.
    The old vanilla guild of about 10 to 12 are coming back. DPS will be pretty easy to pull in from the group? Do you think Bear, Hpriest, Mage are the best 3 I could bring? I was thinking maybe Warrior/Pal/Warlock or Mage - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tchallaaoc View Post
    The old vanilla guild of about 10 to 12 are coming back. DPS will be pretty easy to pull in from the group? Do you think Bear, Hpriest, Mage are the best 3 I could bring? I was thinking maybe Warrior/Pal/Warlock or Mage - Thoughts?
    Warrior, paladin and warlock would work fine but mages give you more reliable CC plus free water and portals that speed things up quite a bit. If I were mostly focused on PvE I'd definitely pick at least one mage. Mage AE is also simpler since you're just spamming arcane explosion and cone of cold most of the time.

Then again, warlock would allow you to summon people to you if you're regularly pugging 2 DPS so there is that.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 06-10-2019 at 05:21 PM