Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Question My plan to blitz RaF for the rewards, some questions

Hello,

Blizzard has announced that RaF is being taken offline. They are not providing answers to basic questions such as "Will the reward mounts and pets still be available, somehow?"

So, I'm preparing to execute a plan to get some of the rewards. (I have zero RaF rewards, right now.)

As an aside, I'm living on the two-edged sword of having my 6 accounts on separate battlenet accounts (Since 2004).

My aim will be to attach new accounts to my primary battlenet, removing part of the headache of, e.g., having to get raid mounts to drop 6 times over. This will also open the door to 10- or 11-boxing, using the current 6 accounts plus 4 or 5 new accounts on the primary.

Question 1: What is the delay for upgrading a Starter Edition to a subscribed/normal account?

My understanding so far: Each battlenet can only have one Starter Edition account at a time. My primary batttlenet will be trying to get attached to several new accounts. With the program going away on June 11th, any delay in upgrading an SE will dictate how far before June 11th I need to start the process. My current belief is that within 24 hours after adding subscription time to an SE, the way will be clear for the next one to be added.

Question 2: Anyone who has done this, are their any problems doing this all to yourself/your accounts?

Question 3: What is the exact mechanic for RaF linking to a new Starter Edition on your existing battlenet account?

Open friends, add an RaF buddy via the button which will send them an email... and will this email have a code or link for the new account to enter somewhere for the RaF linking? Right now I do not know how the account gets both attached to my battlenet and also linked for RaF. In fact, it is sort of crucial to know if I send this RaF mail to a new/separate address or if I to send it to my existing battletnet email address... or if that is the absolute wrong thing to do.

I'm doing this for the mount/pet rewards. The XP boost is like 5% over full heirlooms. The teams will stay together, so who cares about teleporting. For my purposes, A->B->C->D->E->A is moot, since I want the reward of 1-month sub time to go the the main WoW-account. Depending on whom I can grant to, if I level some toons on the new accounts maybe granting will help some of the lower characters on the primary WoW-account.

Oh, so, assuming I can get this to work, it should be me blapping in $41.97 to receive one reward mount/pet and one month of gametime.

Alas, I have no index for this post, but at least I used paragraphs.
    Doing my best to get motivated for the WoW Headless Horseman mount hunt of 2013... so far failing. and now in 2018, let's see about those HH mounts! [Edit: Actually got an HH mount in 2018... on separate account 6. One to go! In 2019, my last BNet accout, the main one, got the HH mount. End of an era.]

I multibox because I have no time, have a life, have a job and[/or] money and have little patience for drama and temper tantrums. -- heffner

Quote Originally Posted by Brandish View Post
    So, I'm preparing to execute a plan to get some of the rewards. (I have zero RaF rewards, right now.)
    Get on my level.

As an aside, I'm living on the two-edged sword of having my 6 accounts on separate battlenet accounts (Since 2004).

My aim will be to attach new accounts to my primary battlenet, removing part of the headache of, e.g., having to get raid mounts to drop 6 times over. This will also open the door to 10- or 11-boxing, using the current 6 accounts plus 4 or 5 new accounts on the primary.
    Blizzard will be more than happy to merge your existing accounts for you, if you'd rather keep the progress that you currently have.

Question 1: What is the delay for upgrading a Starter Edition to a subscribed/normal account?
    Blizzard states that it should be no more than 24 hours.

My understanding so far: Each battlenet can only have one Starter Edition account at a time.
    I don't believe that is true anymore, as I was just able to create two on an old temp account I have lying around.

Question 2: Anyone who has done this, are their any problems doing this all to yourself/your accounts?
    Multiboxers, and single players alike, have been recruiting themselves for a decade now, and I am not aware of any problems. However, if you expect to actually use the accounts, then you should send the invite from the realm/faction you wish to play on, otherwise you have to fight the server selection after logging in for 90 days.

Question 3: What is the exact mechanic for RaF linking to a new Starter Edition on your existing battlenet account?
    Open friends, add an RaF buddy via the button which will send them an email... and will this email have a code or link for the new account to enter somewhere for the RaF linking?
    That's it. ^

Right now I do not know how the account gets both attached to my battlenet and also linked for RaF. In fact, it is sort of crucial to know if I send this RaF mail to a new/separate address or if I to send it to my existing battletnet email address... or if that is the absolute wrong thing to do.
    After clicking the link in the e-mail, you're asked if you already have a BNet account, or if you'd like to make a new one.

The XP boost is like 5% over full heirlooms.
    Heirlooms without rings is 45%, but jumps to 55% with rings.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks, Mirai, you filled in a few details for me. And further illustrated just how crap the current RaF is (I have the rings. Hopefully they don't screw over the people with 11 spare rewards....)

Guess I'll get started.
    Doing my best to get motivated for the WoW Headless Horseman mount hunt of 2013... so far failing. and now in 2018, let's see about those HH mounts! [Edit: Actually got an HH mount in 2018... on separate account 6. One to go! In 2019, my last BNet accout, the main one, got the HH mount. End of an era.]

I multibox because I have no time, have a life, have a job and[/or] money and have little patience for drama and temper tantrums. -- heffner

My understanding so far: Each battlenet can only have one Starter Edition account at a time. My primary batttlenet will be trying to get attached to several new accounts. With the program going away on June 11th, any delay in upgrading an SE will dictate how far before June 11th I need to start the process. My current belief is that within 24 hours after adding subscription time to an SE, the way will be clear for the next one to be added.
    Read the announcement carefully. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22938871 I don't know if they edited this or not, although the news text on wowhead and mmo-champion match the current announcement.

To take advantage of the current RAF program, your friend will need to link a qualifying WoW account to yours before June 11, and will have 90 days to purchase game time to trigger any rewards.
    It appears that rewards and the possibility to earn them will be available after June 11. Also from the benefits support page, there's an 8 day delay on receiving the reward. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11009

Veteran rewards are subject to a waiting period of eight days after the recruit is billed for game time.
    Last edited by Sservis : 05-26-2019 at 01:27 PM