Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Healbot - great mod for multibox priests

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know about a mod I use for healing called Healbot.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3802/

What this mod does is show a health bar for each person on your party (or raid) and let you cast any pre-configured beneficial spell by moving your mouse over the bar and using the appropriate key mouse combinations (Click/Shift/Ctrl/Alt). Target/Assist/Focus are also supported.
    For example, you can set it up to cast Renew with your left mouse button, Flash Heal with your middle mouse button and Prayer of Healing with the right mouse button. Shift-left-click could be Power Word Shield, Alt-right-click could be Cure Disease and so on.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

Obviously this pic was done in a 40-man raid, when just in a group of 5, only one group of bars shows on the screen.

Here's the official blurb:

HealBot
    Major Performance improvements with cpu/memory usage from v2.4.
    HealBot allows for 20 key mouse combinations to cast any beneficial spells.
    HealBot allows for 20 key mouse combinations to cast on disabled bars.
    HealBot can track and display who has aggro
    Any usable item can be added to all combos.
    Target, Focus and Assist can be added to all combos
    HealBot can be used for decursive functions
    HealBot can be used for monitoring buffs and buffing
    HealBots appearance can be configured and preferred appearances can be saved as skins.
    HealBot can show party/tanks/checked targets/extras in a raid, extras can be filtered and sorted.
    Multiple HealBots in a party/raid sync incoming heals.
    HealBot will accurately range check at all times for spells and items.
    HealBot has a built in res monitor and is compatible with CTRA (CTRA not required)
    HealBot has a SmartCast out of combat option, this will cast a spell in the following order.. 1. res 2. decurse 3. buff 4. heal 5. user setting

Cheers,
    Stealthy

Love that mod, at least my wife does.

Question though, I've heard decursive is getting the ol' hammer thrown at it by blizzard. At least one rl friend of mine was actually pm'd by a GM and asked to remove it. I've heard of other stories too.

Is healbot in the same type of trouble? Or is it fitting into some kind of loophole?

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong or illegal with using Decursive. I've been using it for ages and have never been warned/suspended/banned. I've never heard of this happening to anyone else either and given that it's the 14th most popular download on Curse, I think word would have gotten around by now if it was outlawed by Blizzard.

I do know that one of the major reasons for Blizzard rewriting the API in WoW 2.0 was that pre 2.0, mods like Decursive and others made healing/curing/cleansing etc ridiculously easy. Hence mods can no longer target units or cast spells directly. Nor can bars be sorted and only show those most needing heals or removing of de-buffs and allow key/mouse combos to heal/cure/cleanse etc. So in effect single-button-casting add-ons are impossible since WoW 2.0...Players have to manually choose their target and the spells they want to use.

Cheers,
    Shane

Decursive is NOT bannable.

I started with Monitor Status and then moved to Healbot.

I now use Pitbull. I find it to do everything I needed Healbot to do but it also allows me to order my groups, such that in my 10 box - the names are ALWAYS X A B C D and in the same spot. Healbot cannot do that.

It will also allow better filtering options and some other cool stuff, like range options. It takes a while to figure out and setup but IMHO, Pitbull > Healbot for 5 boxing.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Question though, I've heard decursive is getting the ol' hammer thrown at it by blizzard. At least one rl friend of mine was actually pm'd by a GM and asked to remove it. I've heard of other stories too. Is healbot in the same type of trouble? Or is it fitting into some kind of loophole?
    While this is your RL friend, the conversation would be interesting to see in screenshot form. I am sure it would be helpful to the author and put some end to these types of rumors.

That said, decursive or its other mods aren't going anywhere. If decursive was forced out, combat log would loose out (no more sct), highlighting player frames would loose out (could scan for changes by color alterations), no more buff bars (obvious), all that stuff would have to be disabled.

But this is exactly the opposite way wow is moving to, they are going to release their own built in KLHThreatMeter. I mean how crazy is that?

Not really crazy considering some of the encounters in the current end game.

A lot of them are so dependant on insanely good aggro management, raiding them without threatmeters is near impossible. So many of the boss encounters need the tank at the top of the threat, and then 1 or two more tanks at the 2nd and 3rd position so they become the target after a certain spell/ability/aggro drop whatever.

Bear in mind Blizz are releasing another 25 man instance thats harder than BT at some point before the next expansion (read; the next Naxx... awesome instance, most players never seen much of it if any as it's now obsolete), lord knows what kind of threat management is needed for the bosses in there.

Quote Originally Posted by view
    Not really crazy considering some of the encounters in the current end game.

A lot of them are so dependant on insanely good aggro management, raiding them without threatmeters is near impossible. So many of the boss encounters need the tank at the top of the threat, and then 1 or two more tanks at the 2nd and 3rd position so they become the target after a certain spell/ability/aggro drop whatever.
    There were lots of encounters like that in Everquest. They were all beaten and farmed without any UI mods or voicechat, etc. When I read that my first thought would be to look into replacing some tanks. :lol:

-S

Nice. maybe i can Tank and heal my group now.
    when im doiung random groups instead of only with guildies

Stormreaver EU:
    70 - Dwarf priest
    70 - Nelf druid
    62 - Dwarf priest
    61 - Gnome warlock

Talnivar EU:
    3x Blood Elf mage's

I'm also using Pitbull, amazing mod.

Was using agUnitFrames until I read this thread. Notable improvement in performance over agUF, and I do like the aggro indicator. Thanks for pointing this mod out, guys!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)