Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 2019 Mythic Dungeon International

The proving grounds for the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) ends on March 12th. You have until then to complete 5 Mythic+14 dungeons to be eligible.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/esports/mythic

Starting a couple weeks ago I have been trying hard to create a team for this. But I just gave up, not even coming close. Are there any boxers out there trying for this?

I wasn't ever planing on competing was just going to try and complete the proving grounds. Its made to be tough for 5 solo players so it will be a great test of boxing skill.

I think most multiboxers are currently struggling at or around +5/+6, with only a few pushing +8 keys, and that's wholly dependent on the dungeon, item level, skill level, and team composition, none of which I have any information on.

If anyone has more accurate information, please feel free to correct me.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

The mechanics are just a bit too tough on most dungeons as is, when you throw in some of those affix they get insane. There are too many that just disable the team or are frustrating to work around.
    I wouldn't say this is impossible, as we've had players blow away things in the past but you'd need to be extremely well geared and get a favorable affix on top of that.
    I feel like Legion had the sweet spot for difficulty - BFA it got ramped up a little too high.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Seems like Blizzard will just see the thousands (yes literally thousands) of teams doing low +20s and feel the mechanics are not tough enough.

In legion I couldn't keep up with everyone on raider.io either but at least I felt like I competed. I was even able to get the +15 achievement while it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    The mechanics are just a bit too tough on most dungeons as is, when you throw in some of those affix they get insane. There are too many that just disable the team or are frustrating to work around.
    I wouldn't say this is impossible, as we've had players blow away things in the past but you'd need to be extremely well geared and get a favorable affix on top of that.
    I feel like Legion had the sweet spot for difficulty - BFA it got ramped up a little too high.
    I don't disagree, but to be fair, people weren't clearing +10 (and up) keys for quite some time in Legion, especially within the time limit, because of the way that Mythic dungeons work(ed). As new patches came out (e.g. 7.2 / 7.3), the "ceiling" of Mythic difficulty was adjusted to account for item level and available stats on gear. If I'm not mistaken, back in 7.0 and 7.1, a +10 key was all you had to complete in order to receive the best weekly reward, similar to what it is right now, in BFA.

I think when we all "look back at Legion," we're looking back at it post patch 7.2, or even 7.3, where the best gear was attainable and artifact weapons could be quickly leveled up, whereas pre-7.2, people couldn't stop complaining about how "alt unfriendly" the artifact leveling system, the acquisition of RNG Legendaries, and the gated class order hall questlines were.

To add to this, in Legion, it was also a bit easier to find good gear for your characters (outside of those RNG Legendaries), whereas, in BFA, you're stuck playing the RNG slot machine of Azerite gear, and so when 8.2 rolls around, that should be much more under control (as Ion has already talked about in numerous Q&A sessions). Right now, can any multiboxer honestly say that they're playing the min-max game for Azerite gear and traits? Maybe, maybe not, but I would imagine that most aren't because it's time consuming and somewhat boring, but properly min-maxing could easily make the difference on clearing Mythics, especially for a multiboxer, seeing as a lot of the gear adds boring passives (which multiboxers do much better with).

Just some food for thought before anyone starts losing faith in the viability of multiboxing.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'll always love multiboxing and it's very hard for me to play a game without it. I'm still trying to find the best "team" to make this all happen, before even wondering min/max.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I've been experimenting again and feel I may have a viable team. Certainly not going to do a +14 within a week but with a few more 400 ilvl pieces I think a +8 wont be difficult.

A Holy Paladin and 4x BM hunters, using the DPS pet with no real problems tanking the bosses. Thinking I may change the paladin to a disc priest but maybe not because the team is working great. The BM hunter DPS is really bad this expansion and I had a thought of an even better team with warlocks, I just dont have any leveled up yet to experiment.

Been happiest with no melee, or all melee. Mixed teams are not working well for me lately.

I am trying warrior tank, x3 bm and Priest heals, and an all Pally team 1 Prot, 1 Holy x3 Ret. I am really enjoying melee a lot more since putting /follow on my mouse button.. really stops those runaways in their tracks

Will also try a DK tank with Hunters and some kind of healer.. I can't give up Hunters - they are just too awesome As for my plans well I will do what I can, and if that turns out to not be very high keys I am ok with that - being able to play alone with no queues is worth it.

The big issue with BFA dungeon design is the emphasis on movement. It severely prohibits multiboxing and some class comps in general. It reminds me of the dungeons in WoD, to be completely frank. Cata > WoD > BFA = not the best moments in multiboxer dungeon history.

9.0 should be a lot better so for now, 8.x is a waiting room to me.