Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default WoW Addon for Saving Character Setup?

Does anyone know of a WoW addon for saving the way you have a character setup -- i.e. all their key bindings, macros, action bars etc.

This would be useful for when I want to multibox a character with a different mix of other characters or when I want to solo or run a single character with other people.

I'd like to be able save and name a "profile" that can be used to quickly reset my environment based on what I plan to do in a session.

Any thoughts on this.

Not really, but copying the files where the data of the keybindings and macro's are stored does work.
    Captn's Log [PvP] 5x80 Elemental Shaman

im not sure if this would help but just copy the info in your characters WTF folder to all the others...

Action Bars and macros are saved server side. Key bindings are saved in your accounts folder.

I would think what you want to do could be done by using action bars 1-6 for different groupings and copying your account folder to desktop with each setup of hotkeys. Then copying the hotkeys over to the wow folder depending on which setup you have running. if that makes sense.

[quote]Action Bars and macros are saved server side. Key bindings are saved in your accounts folder.[quote]
    Macros are saved locally (might be stored server side as well) in: WoWPath\WTF\Account\<account name>\macro-cache.txt

Though it would be nice if some code monkey or another would write an offline macro editor...

[quote="Lost-Ninja"][quote]Action Bars and macros are saved server side. Key bindings are saved in your accounts folder.
    Macros are saved locally (might be stored server side as well) in: WoWPath\WTF\Account\<account name>\macro-cache.txt

Though it would be nice if some code monkey or another would write an offline macro editor...
    Try notepad ^^

Ok, I didn't tell all in the OP. I have some LUA code I wrote myself but I have to update it every time I make a few changes to my in-game setup, like new macros or new/different spells on action buttons.

My addon works fine, just a bit of a pain to keep it updated, so I was looking for alternatives.

One thing about my code, though, is that I can tell it which characters I'm running with in a session and it will automatically configure all my macros with the right names and setup keys based on whether the character is the main one or a support one. I use names instead of unitid's like party1, party2, etc because sometimes I have my characters grouped and sometimes not. I could use focus for some of this but often have other uses for focus, like marking a target to sheep and resheep.

Since no one suggested some hotshot alternative yet, I'll stick with what I have.

Thanks.