Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Recording Software

If you'd like to share your multiboxing adventures, but aren't sure how, then check out the following list of software.

Recording Software

Name Cost Stream Capable? Comments
    nVidia Shadowplay Free Yes nVidia GPU Required
    Bandicam $39 No
    Mirillis Action $30 Yes
    FRAPS $37 No Extremely outdated
    Dxtory JP¥3800 No
    OBS Studio Free Yes
    AMD Relive Free Yes AMD GPU Required

I am not going to list every piece of recording software that exists, but if you have something that you have specifically used, first hand, and it was a quality product, then feel free to suggest it. Otherwise, what's listed above is the most-used recording software at this time.

Hardware Capture

If you're looking to kick it up a notch and offload your recording to a separate machine, allowing you to free up all available resources on your main computer, then hardware capture cards are what you'll want (this is true for both live streaming and local recording). There are plenty of solutions for 1920x1080, even some external, but only a handful for 3840x2160 (4K). There are too many to list in a basic table, so here are a list of vendors who offer hardware capture cards:

AVerMedia
    Blackmagic
    Corsair/Elgato
    Magewell

Different models handle different resolutions and framerates, so check the specs to ensure you're looking at a product that's for you.

Editing Software

If you're recording locally and looking to edit your recorded footage, then you'll need some editing software. I am only familiar with editing programs that cost money—either through a one-time payment or a recurring subscription—so, like the recording software, if you have something that you have specifically used, first hand, and it was a quality product, then feel free to suggest it.

Adobe After Effects/Premiere (monthly subscription required through Adobe Creative Cloud)
    Sony Vegas (several different versions sort of makes it confusing)
    TMPEnc Video Mastering Works (I've used it only briefly, but it seemed like a good product (lots of control for output video))
    Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve
    Windows Movie Maker (Free, but severely limited)

Just to be clear, editing software is not required unless you want to make changes to the video you have recorded. Otherwise, any of the above recording programs listed should be able to output files that can be uploaded directly to an online site, such as YouTube.

I will be updating and cleaning up this post in the days/weeks to come. Feel free to post your experience with any piece of software (or hardware) listed here, suggest something that isn't listed, or just ask a question.
    Last edited by MiRai : 08-11-2018 at 12:06 AM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Reserved
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Streamlabs OBS is a edit version of OBS, comes with alot of buildin apps/widgets and use less cpu. and Free to use..

https://streamlabs.com/
    Last edited by Tin : 08-11-2018 at 03:14 PM
    Eonar - EU