Close
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 314

I don't think them including their anti-cheat system and new client automatically means /follow is out, but it's a valid point that those things were all connected. Removing /follow was their reaction to the botting in BG's, but if they have better detection for that they may not feel it to be necessary. I sincerely hope they leave it in to at least see how things play out at the start.

To my knowledge the private servers banned multiboxing due to the load it caused and since it was free to play people could escalate numbers infinitely. On top of that there is a vocal group that screams about the evils of getting massacred by multiboxers, so another reason for a free server to not allow it (can scare people off from playing there). Blizzard at least makes money off of us and the population on their servers should be MUCH larger which means we aren't as visibly impacting as we would be on a private server..

Even if they allow /follow at the start they could come back and remove it just like they did before, but until then I'll feel free to speculate on teams. I did multibox in classic (and DAoC before that), so for me this is more of an exercise in remembering WTF I did back then (that, and classic, TBC, and WOTLK all tend to run together in my memory).
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganti View Post
    To my knowledge the private servers banned multiboxing due to the load it caused and since it was free to play people could escalate numbers infinitely. On top of that there is a vocal group that screams about the evils of getting massacred by multiboxers, so another reason for a free server to not allow it (can scare people off from playing there). Blizzard at least makes money off of us and the population on their servers should be MUCH larger which means we aren't as visibly impacting as we would be on a private server..
    Eh, not to be combative, but I think the "boxers + whiners = less players" is a specious argument. Lots of reasons why but if we're going to debate that, it ought to be in a separate thread.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Population concerns due to boxing are only for small pop private servers IMO. I don't think it'll matter in retail classic. Anyway, we're all dropping opinion bombs anyway, so back to our regularly schedule classic hype!
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

I for one hope for some old macro functionality to be restored.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

For me IWT, yes or no? Will be the determining factor as to if I box in Vanilla or not.
    I built my own private servers (for my own personal use only) for sh@ts n' giggles an quickly dropped Vanilla and BC because there was no IWT

Back to planning. Nothing to do in bfa. Bored to death all day. This happens :

My first group is going to be something like this for farming dungeons and getting started in general.

1.Paladin tank (11/32/8)
    https://classicdb.ch/?talent#sE0zZVhtIxzVoV0h

- Runs retribution aura (or other)
    - Buffs sanctuary on himself
    - Buffs kings to rest

2.Paladin heal (33/11/7)
    https://classicdb.ch/?talent#sVxubgstxMuZVb

- Runs improved devotion aura
    - Buffs kings to tank
    - Buffs improved wisdom to rest
    - Judges light/wisdom on boss/elite

I would like to run improved retribution aura for more
    aoe damage but sacrificing kings for it seems not worth it.
    Guess you cant have everything

3. Mage
    4. Mage
    5. Mage

3x CC, int buff, food and portals. /nice

Yeah no idea with the mages talents. Spamming arcane explosion or blizzard.
    Any suggestions? What does more damage? How would the talent tree look like?
    On the paper i really like going 31 arcane but i never played a mage in classic before
    so i cant say what would be more effective =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadone View Post
    Back to planning. Nothing to do in bfa. Bored to death all day. This happens :

My first group is going to be something like this for farming dungeons and getting started in general.

1.Paladin tank (11/32/8)
    https://classicdb.ch/?talent#sE0zZVhtIxzVoV0h

- Runs retribution aura (or other)
    - Buffs sanctuary on himself
    - Buffs kings to rest

2.Paladin heal (33/11/7)
    https://classicdb.ch/?talent#sVxubgstxMuZVb

- Runs improved devotion aura
    - Buffs kings to tank
    - Buffs improved wisdom to rest
    - Judges light/wisdom on boss/elite

I would like to run improved retribution aura for more
    aoe damage but sacrificing kings for it seems not worth it.
    Guess you cant have everything

3. Mage
    4. Mage
    5. Mage

3x CC, int buff, food and portals. /nice

Yeah no idea with the mages talents. Spamming arcane explosion or blizzard.
    Any suggestions? What does more damage? How would the talent tree look like?
    On the paper i really like going 31 arcane but i never played a mage in classic before
    so i cant say what would be more effective =)
    Frost til enough crit from BWL to go fire in AQ40.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Frost til enough crit from BWL to go fire in AQ40.
    That group wont see a raid from the inside In terms of mages: If only equipped with dungeon blues for AOE. Frost or Arcane?
    Arcane explosion or blizzard? What does the most damage preraid with suboptimal gear in the beginning.Fresh lvl60

Default Wow classic group composition

I'm already thinking about a classic comp for leveling and farming in 5 men dungeon when classic release. I plan to do a war tank a holy priest 2 mages and a warlock. What do you think and What team would you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphe View Post
    What do you think and What team would you do ?
    Probably a 5 class team to get as many buffs as possible
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.