Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: BfA XP Changes

Default BfA XP Changes

Several complaints on the wow forums about XP from Dungeons. Some are bugs, others are real changes. Just posting them here for the benefit of the community.

LFD Bonus XP "Missing" - Per blue post on forums - they say it isn't gone, just that it has been rolled into the XP for the final boss.

LFD Bonus XP only once per week - BUG - Per the same blue post above, the text display says the bonus is only weekly, but is in fact every time you run it

No Completion XP Bonus for Dungeon when not using LFD - Apparently True - Several posters on forums confirming that a walk-in dungeon run grants no completion bonus - regardless of whether you are power leveling or not. If confirmed, and proven to NOT be a bug, I believe this would effectively end power leveling through dungeons.

That would destroy the last little bit of PL for sure,
    and for not traditional multibox teams that cant queue your only logical option is to quest.. and hope you don't do an area with a bunch of collect quests.

I'm just scratching my head, but my guess is you have a marketing/sales guy making these types of decisions to increase boost sales through their marketplace. You'd figure WoW already generating enough cash you'd go for long term > short term.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    That would destroy the last little bit of PL for sure,
    and for not traditional multibox teams that cant queue your only logical option is to quest.. and hope you don't do an area with a bunch of collect quests.

I'm just scratching my head, but my guess is you have a marketing/sales guy making these types of decisions to increase boost sales through their marketplace. You'd figure WoW already generating enough cash you'd go for long term > short term.
    I'm convinced it has more to do with Ion being clueless and smug than a marketing exec wanting increased boost sales. Now if they put an exp potion in the shop then I would agree it's driven by the finance people.

I cant attest to the exact XP from dungeons i am getting but I quit running them. At least in vanilla content atm questing is way faster than dungeons.

Leveling 5 pallys

I'm leveling a DK currently at level 108, and when killing a level 110 mob I get 97 exp, mining or herbing a node gives me 3k exp, quest gives me 30k exp, the mob takes longer to kill than before and with flying you can skip most and quickly complete quests.

Its quest or nothing. Everything else takes too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I'm leveling a DK currently at level 108, and when killing a level 110 mob I get 97 exp, mining or herbing a node gives me 3k exp, quest gives me 30k exp, the mob takes longer to kill than before and with flying you can skip most and quickly complete quests.

Its quest or nothing. Everything else takes too long now.

I definitely noticed a huge decrease in per mob XP after the patch, fortunately it seems that legion invasions are almost always up right now for whatever reason, so that worked to get my DH team leveled up, but it definitely took more time than leveling 100-110 prior to the patch.

I think blizz's ploy is working..... those boosts look so nice, but im not about to use my free ones or fork over $300. Some of these quests though make me think twice at times.

Could be fixed now - going to test it later.

Update: Did a test with DH lv. 101 and 4xwarlocks lv. 26 got 4% of a level in stockade. So no fix in trying to boost low lv.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17620452201?page=48#post-954

Last edited by Tin : 07-26-2018 at 08:41 AM
    Eonar - EU

It's a pretty big complaint on the forums in general across the board, I can't imagine they stick with it like this. It hurts new players the worst and they'll lose any kind of player retention they hoped to achieve.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

My ideas for mythic world questing are taking off in approval to the general public. People want engaging content that isn't raid content and I wholly agree with them. Mage Tower was popular. Challenge modes were popular. Mythic+ was popular. Etc, etc.

They could get so much more out of the world content they create if a challenging mode actually existed for it. Instead of making it bothersome for people just looking for max level why not add a questing option that is very difficult and very rewarding?