Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Gathering While Multiboxing Question

I'm fairly new to multiboxing, and currently have a 3 man team setup and working well. All three of them are druids. I just started gathering with them and was having some issues with my main being on the ground being able to herb the node but my other two toons will still be up in the air flying not being able to herb the node. I was wondering if anyone has any solution or fix for this.

Also forgot to mention I'm using ISBoxer.
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-03-2018 at 12:26 PM Reason: Merged

Short version is, there's no easy way to do this consistently for all use cases. Lining up the cursors so you can broadcast click/IWM is one of the more annoying things we have to learn as multiboxers. With the node changes recently, you should be able to click twice pretty quickly and make it work.

You could also set up an "Interact with Mouseover" button, adjust your cursors first, then just press that key to "click" them all at the same time.

Doing this with hunters or other pet classes or on those quests where you have NPCs following you around is just maddening. I usually just run by the side of the thing, so my followers are in the right spot, then back up on my main so his cursor is in the same spot as the others.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Short version is, there's no easy way to do this consistently for all use cases. Lining up the cursors so you can broadcast click/IWM is one of the more annoying things we have to learn as multiboxers. With the node changes recently, you should be able to click twice pretty quickly and make it work.

You could also set up an "Interact with Mouseover" button, adjust your cursors first, then just press that key to "click" them all at the same time.

Doing this with hunters or other pet classes or on those quests where you have NPCs following you around is just maddening. I usually just run by the side of the thing, so my followers are in the right spot, then back up on my main so his cursor is in the same spot as the others.
    I'm getting the hang of lining up the cursor and everything, my problem is more having my toons that are following my main not being on the ground, therefore they aren't able to actually herb the node. I'm using druids for this, in flight form. So when I go up to a node my main will be on the ground but my other druids are still barely hovering above the ground so it counts as them flying. Is there not really a way to combat it other than dropping out of flight form rq?

You can either:

A) Dismount and re-mount
    B) Use the Sit/Stand key bind to move downward
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    This is what I do.

My hunters launch flares. Damn Alliance rogues like to hide out around mining nodes.

Plus I think it looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    You can either:

A) Dismount and re-mount
    Works like a charm. TY!!

I use the following macro

/script SetView(2); SetView(2);

then loot herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post

then loot herbs.
    This is a good reminder. I doubt most folks troll through the macro threads here to find these little helpful tidbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post

then loot herbs.
    Super helpful again, thanks everyone for the help. Has made gathering herbs super easy. Perfect angle for the camera.