Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Multiboxing beginner, the plan!

Hey guys and gals!

Let me introduce myself. Name's Blackbird. I've been in WoW since WotLK. Accomplished heroic raiding back then, had a great group of friends. Over the years everyone left the game. I'm still here. It was getting pretty boring, but one day I saw this MiRai guy on youtube. He inspired me to try this new thing, that will bring something new in my game - multiboxing. Sooo here I am.

And here's my plan:

1) Start small. A team of 5 hunters. Simple to control, same class, dwarves.
    2) Start them up on Sargeras, since that's where all the alliance multiboxers are?
    3) Get subscription to this ISBoxer thing and spend a week or so setting it up (based on what I saw it's insanely complex)
    4) Get Jamba addon and figure that one out. Are there any good tutorials for it anywhere? I would love something like MiRai's ISBoxer series.
    5) Consider using LazyMacros for 1 button DPS and only manage CDs - is it something Multiboxers do? Will it be effective?

And well, I'll be a regular of the forums as well!

5 hunters is easy mode but a good way to start.

Leveling a new team of the same class is a great way to learn ISBoxer because you start with a limited number of abilities and can grow as you become more comfortable with the software.

I see you've seen my recent video, so that should give you an idea of how I do 1-button DPS, plus what I have on separate keys.

Yeah, the way you run your hunters is amazing! THAT is exactly what I want to learn

2) Start them up on Sargeras, since that's where all the alliance multiboxers are?
    3) Get subscription to this ISBoxer thing and spend a week or so setting it up (based on what I saw it's insanely complex)
    4) Get Jamba addon and figure that one out. Are there any good tutorials for it anywhere? I would love something like MiRai's ISBoxer series.
    5) Consider using LazyMacros for 1 button DPS and only manage CDs - is it something Multiboxers do? Will it be effective?
    First of all! welcome! always nice to see new multiboxers!

1. Indeed starting with 5 toons of the same class is easy to learn everything! hunters will full fill your desires of multiboxing.
    2. since i'm europe i dont know, but there's a post of the different realms where multiboxers play.
    3. you can get a 7 day trial for using ISboxer, and you won't be needing them all to set things up! just follow the walktrough to make your own team on ISboxer.com. Lax made the setup quit easy for new users!
    4. Jamba is just a download and use addon when you have setup your ISboxer. Ebony is the owner now of the addon, and doing a good job for updating and improving it.
    5. Lazymacro's is the most simple way to start multiboxing. it basicly does things you can also do with ISboxer, but a bit more setup is needed then.

I hope you enjoy multiboxing!
    Multiboxing 10 accounts!
    Outland-Europe
    2 mistweaver monks - 8 Elemental shamans

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Hey guys and gals!

Let me introduce myself. Name's Blackbird. I've been in WoW since WotLK. Accomplished heroic raiding back then, had a great group of friends. Over the years everyone left the game. I'm still here. It was getting pretty boring, but one day I saw this MiRai guy on youtube. He inspired me to try this new thing, that will bring something new in my game - multiboxing. Sooo here I am.

And here's my plan:

And well, I'll be a regular of the forums as well!

Welcome to the world of addication

1) Range are so simple I started with hunters then turn to locks and druids, if possible try and get pets that can Berezz ya
    2) Ridosaw or OziAm check their twitch stream
    3) Im still a noob when It comes to isboxer, Ive sent it up simple and Im happy with that (Ihave to admit thou I used keyclone for a long time, but after coming to isboxer its so much easier even for an old timer )
    5)Im even lazier I dont use that either >.<

Hehe, very nice!

So micro update: ISBoxer setup, got hunters boosted to 100, locks power levelled to 90. As soon as both teams turn 100, my adventures in the Legion will begin.

If u have Heirblooms its super fast, and dont forget to do invasions doing all them 6 invasions will u a level easily .....

If u have RAF still then it might be worth taking advantage of that. druids are uber for herbing and minning,

I took the advantage of that system and I leveled spriest, druids, DH, Deathknights, pallies I just dont play them the melee classes anyhow its alot more work.

The only thing i regret is not leveling mages, even they tend to me weak but I could have gotten them there AP weapon and left them in pandaland to farm Motes of Harmony oh well

Blog Entries

welcome, take your time, hunters are probably the best to start with!
    RiP 10 box team! - Failarena. US -
    Current Team - TBC - Duo-Boxing |Warlock/Priest
    2v2 arenas and battle grounds!

multiboxing live @ http://twitch.tv/sethlan youtube @ https://youtube.com/sethlan

THanks!

Healing question. I've been having so much fun with my 5 hunters. Got them to 820 ilvl in a day.
    Soon I will be aiming for mythics (850+ ilvl I think). I see from screenshots that everyone is using priests to heal. Why is that?

I wouldn't say everyone is using Priests. I honestly think it's down to personal preference as most healing specs should be perfectly viable this expansion. Just a question of what fits your team and/or playstyle and preference. Personally I use Monks and I know plenty of people with Resto Shamans and Druids, some of whom are leading the way as far as high Mythic+ progression.

Also, for future reference, it's often adviced to post separate questions in their own threads on these boards. Not a big deal really, but it makes it easier for others who might have the same question to find answers later on.