Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Need the gurus before i buy

I love asus i have an asus rog g75v laptop been able to box on it np but i think its time for a desktop. I found this new asus strix desktop is it worth the price or do you think you can build one cheaper for this.

https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-GeFor.../dp/B06XCJCK9S
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Seems reasonable, when I take into account various exchange rates and such like. The exact makeup of models of components is not obvious, but at least the main parts are all the one brand, and put together by the one place if there are any issues.

Eh... it's all right. Personally, I wouldn't invest into a 1080 when the Ti is out, but when trying to do a price check on that machine with similar hardware, a system with a Ti is closer to $2.1K - $2.3K (although probably with better stuff, and assembly would be required).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

The GTX 1080 is going to be overkill for 5 boxing and for gaming at 1080p. I use the 1070 on a 4k monitor and it only hits ~60% when I'm 5 boxing WoW. The CPU cooler in the picture looks like the stock Intel one, which is usually pretty crappy. The fan looks pretty small too which means it'll be loud. 2400mhz RAM is pretty slow for that kind of price. Found the same one on Newegg (an open box one so it's cheaper):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...354R-_-Product

A 500W power supply means you won't be doing any crazy upgrades without replacing it. Hard drive/SSD space is pretty standard for a pre-built PC, but still on the low end considering you can pick up a 3TB HDD for less than $100.

Overall, this will work fine for pretty much any type of gaming. I guess for someone who's been building their own PC's for so long it would be a hard sell for me personally. I'd probably grab the open box version from Newegg for $300 less and then use the money saved to tweak the PC a little. I'd swap that crappy stock CPU cooler out for a low-profile after market one like the Reeven Steropes. It'll be far quieter and you'd actually be able to overclock the 7700K.

I'd actually recommend you go to an online PC builder. You'll get a much better value with them. I went on iBuyPower.com and built the same system you linked from Amazon, only with better RAM, a better CPU cooler by default, and better internal components overall for the same price:

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Inte...rator/W/394826

Also found a PC Gamer article that reviews nine different online builders and compares prices:

http://www.pcgamer.com/nine-custom-p...the-best-deal/
    "I thought that, if the world won't change, we would never reach happiness..." - There She Is!! Final Step - Imagine by amalloc on SamBakZa.net

I should clarify that I suggested the 1080 Ti because of being able to future proof the desktop a bit more than with just a 1080. We also don't know what resolution he plans to play at, and a 1080 Ti will definite allow for multiboxing at 1440, or even 2160, if an upgrade was to be made in the future.

Also, here's a quick parts list for the cost I was referring to in my prior post - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JWFfZ8 (no case, no cooler, pricey SSDs, would also suggest 7700K instead)

Quote Originally Posted by eternaldrk View Post
    I use the 1070 on a 4k monitor and it only hits ~60% when I'm 5 boxing WoW.
    When sharing how much load a particular setup runs at, it's important to include many other details, such as...

What resolution are you playing at? What settings are you running? Where are you standing when taking that reading?

I'm standing in the Cathedral Square of Stormwind with two characters running at 60 FPS (7/7/7, no AA, no SSAO) and I'm eating up 45% of a single 900-series Titan-X, which is pretty much the equivalent of a GTX 1070. If I added in a third character at 60 FPS that would be almost the same as running 5 clients at 60/30, and I'm going to guess I'd be eating up just over 60%. However, if I journeyed into The Broken Isles with the same setup, where texture quality is much better, I would imagine I'd be eating up close to 100% of my GPU. I'd obviously turn my settings down, but for someone who does care greatly about what the game world looks like, I'm going to fight for all the quality I can get and not settle for low, low settings.

I'm also a proponent of single GPU vs multi-GPU setups since multi-GPU setups can come with major drawbacks, and a single 1080 Ti would certainly alleviate any bottlenecks in the area of the GPU. However, it might also be wise to wait for AMD's VEGA GPU which comes out in ~6 weeks.

Basically, if Spyder is okay with low settings, then I'm sure a GTX 1080 would be just fine, but if Spyder wants to run some nicer settings, then a 1080 Ti is going to allow for that. Not to sound like Captain Obvious, but it really all just comes down to cost, budget, and need versus want.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Nah I want higher settings that's y I came here for input my budget is 2k so just seeing what's best.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

So now I'm going to look how to build the best for my budget I want something to be run great graphics while boxing. I'm tired of lowering the settings just to get around 40 fps on the main and 10 fps on the alts.

i like this but the video card isnt a 1080 or 1080Ti cost is right under 1900
    Case 1 x Chimera 5 - Snow Edition
    LED Fan Lighting 1 x Default Case Fan
    Case Lighting 1 x iBUYPOWER RGB Smart Lighting (Software Controlled LED Lighting Kit) - [FREE] 1 Smart Lighting Strip - Top of the case
    Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (4x 4.20GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
    Processor Cooling 1 x Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Standard 120mm Fan - *Free Upgrade to Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling*
    Memory 1 x 32 GB [16 GB x2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module
    Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB (VR-Ready) - FREE Upgrade to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ASUS Turbo 8GB
    Storage 1 x 480 GB SSD
    Storage 1 x 4 TB HARD DRIVE
    INCLUDED 1 x KB + MICE INCLUDED - iBuypower MEK Keyboard + iBuyPower Gaming Mouse
    INCLUDED 1 x WINDOWS INCLUDED - Windows 10 Home
    INCLUDED 1 x WARRANTY INCLUDED
    Motherboard 1 x MSI Z270 PC Mate -- 3x PCIe x16, 1x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, 6x USB 3.1 Gen1[Intel Optane Ready]
    Power Supply 1 x 400 Watt - Standard 80 PLUS Bronze - Free Upgrade to 800W Standard 80 PLUS Bronze
    2nd Optical Drive 1 x 24X Super Multi Internal DVD Rewriter Optical Drive - Black
    Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
    Rush Service 1 x Standard Service - Estimated Ship in 5-10 Business Days
    Last edited by suicidesspyder : 06-11-2017 at 10:35 PM

I personally would wait for the i9. 8/10/12/16 cores

http://www.pcworld.com/article/31999...ures-faqs.html

Now isnt that some pricey stuff right there lol