Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Now isnt that some pricey stuff right there lol
    No doubt. Prices usually drop pretty fast though after launch. You're future proofing as well which can save quite a bit of money.

True imma wait for that price to come down cause wow 2k ouch
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Well AMD Threadripper's(16 cores) will come down as well. They say $850, but imo it will drop to the 400-500 ish range pretty quickly to grab market share.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 06-12-2017 at 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Well AMD Threadripper's(16 cores) will come down as well. They say $850, but imo it will drop to the 400-500 ish range pretty quickly to grab market share.
    I hope so cause my mind says yes but my pocket sells hell to the no lol

Then maybe get one now and then wait till price drops and get new chipset and motherboard or keep motherboard and add new chipset.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-12-2017 at 02:17 PM Reason: Merged
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

The only reason Intel would drop the prices of a particular CPU line is because AMD would offer competition in the area. Up until recently, when AMD released Ryzen, Intel hadn't dropped their CPU prices in probably 6+ years. Even then, the 7700K and 6700K are the exact same price ($340) even though the latter is from the previous generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    You think AMD is going to sell a 16C/32T CPU for $400-$500 a few months after it's release? I don't think anywhere in the history of CPUs being sold to consumers has there ever been such a price cut like that before, and when a CPU goes EOL the price normally goes up as stock dwindles toward zero.

Here are some retail numbers from Intel's launches for the past several years:

Code:
    Intel Sandy Bridge/-E 1155/2011 (2011)
    2600K - $317 (4C/8T)
    2700K - $332 (4C/8T)
    3960X - $999 (6C/12T)

Intel Ivy Bridge/-E  1155/2011 (2012)
    3770K - $313 (4C/8T)
    4960X - $999 (6C/12T)

Intel Haswell/-E 1150/2011-v3 (2013/14)
    4770K - $339 (4C/8T)
    4790K - $339 (4C/8T) (Devil's Canyon Haswell refresh)
    5960X - $999 (8C/16T)

Intel Broadwell-E 2011-v3 (2015)
    6800K - $1089 (8C/16T)*
    6950X - $1723 (10C/20T)*

Intel Skylake 1150 (2016)
    6800K - $340 (4C/8T) (launched at ~$430 with very low supply)

Intel Kaby Lake 1150 (2017)
    7700K - $340 (4C/8T)

*prices were just slightly cut on these processors after AMD released Ryzen.
    To my knowledge, none of the CPUs in the list above have dropped in price except for the two that have asterisks next to them. There may have been small 10% cuts here and there as new CPUs are launched, but that's hardly something to wait around for.

Now that AMD has showed up, yes, we're likely going to see some price wars between the two companies. In addition to that, Threadripper (Ryzen 9) is the name of a line of processors, not just one processor. There was a rumor floating around on the internet about a Threadripper CPU being priced at $850. Were they talking about the 10C, the top-of-the-line 16C, or one of the CPUs in between? It's anyone's guess.

TL;DR I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 16C/32T CPU being priced at $400 in 2017.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks for the input guys. So as of my second build knowing that its just a tad over my budget for the 1080 on the second build would you say the second build is better or worse then the first build. Ive been trying to stay under 2k and getting everything i need to really comeback and not have the lag bottleneck issue and fps drops ive had in the past. Or would you have a better option around that 2k price.

The two machines you have picked out are very similar. The 1080 is obviously the better GPU of the two, but the iBuyPower machine comes with a CPU that can be overclocked, as well as more storage and the option for basic water-cooling. If you're looking to overclock the CPU in the IBP machine, then you should probably upgrade to a 240mm liquid cooling option, as well as a much, much better PSU.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

OK thanks yea im trying to work my budget a little more to increase lol