Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New Multiboxer

Hybrid View

Default New Multiboxer

Hi,
    I've been lurking around here for quite some time and 2 months ago, I decided to try out multiboxing. I RAF'ed myself and went for a trinity setup with a bear (sometimes I swap in a Blood DK), 3x BM Hunter and a Resto Shammy.
    I also tried 5x Prot Pally (only to lvl 90) but I wasn't really happy with that setup. Currently I'm leveling another team, consisting of a Prot Warrior, a Warlock, 2 Mages and a Holy Priest.

I'm in a small guild that consists of my wife, our son and 3 RL friends that I have known for 25+ years. Sometimes we didn't manage to get even 5 people online which was another reason for me to dive into boxing. I'm having a blast so far, be it 5-boxing alone or playing 2-3 chars with the guild.

This week we missed the timer on a Mythic 8 EoA by 2 minutes after wiping 2 times on Parjesh (lol) and oneshotting all other bosses (yes Serpentrix, I'm looking at you!) with the wife healing (Priest), a friend on a Shadow Priest and me tanking and playing 2 Hunters. Did I mention I hate necrotic? 😛

tl;dr:
    Hi, I'm a new boxer and I like it. 😀

Welcome to the jungle.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Welcome always stoked to see new faces

Welcome to the fun and sometimes frustrating world of multiboxing. Seems like you'd gone ahead and dove in at the deep end with your team choises. Good to see it's not too daunting to take on from the get-go.

Welcome to multi-boxing wow. It's a fun way to mix things up in WoW when playing one character gets boring. Especially for me since I've been playing WoW off and on since the original closed beta days back in 2004. I just wish I had the free time now to spend on it that I had back during my favorite boxing expansion Wrath of the Liche King.

Good luck and post your progress. I always like reading what people are up to with their teams.
    Hyjal (Horde) Guild: Shock n Awe

Thanks for the welcome.

I did a +5 HoV yesterday, missed the timer for 2 chests by 20 seconds and got a +6 Cathedral key and I have absolutely no idea how I should do this one...

I also have a question:
    In 1 of my slave windows, everything is slightly off. I'm afraid I tried to tinker with the graphic settings when I started my first team and don't know how to revert that. When I open the settings in Wow it says the resolution is custom in that window for that one toon while for all others it's 1920 x 1050.
    When I set it to that resolution manually it doesn't save for that window. I've been searching in the ISBoxer tutorials but couldn't find anything. Is there a setting in ISBoxer for the graphics I just could not find or is this a setting in the game client?
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurinho View Post
    In 1 of my slave windows, everything is slightly off. I'm afraid I tried to tinker with the graphic settings when I started my first team and don't know how to revert that. When I open the settings in Wow it says the resolution is custom in that window for that one toon while for all others it's 1920 x 1050.
    When I set it to that resolution manually it doesn't save for that window. I've been searching in the ISBoxer tutorials but couldn't find anything. Is there a setting in ISBoxer for the graphics I just could not find or is this a setting in the game client?
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Been trying to replicate it to see if i could find anything that would help ya out but can't seem to get it, Have you tried running the "window layout wizard" and making a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezreck View Post
    Been trying to replicate it to see if i could find anything that would help ya out but can't seem to get it, Have you tried running the "window layout wizard" and making a new one?
    Yes, tried that which makes me think it's a setting in Wow but I couldn't find any difference to the other windows except for the resolution (that doesn't save when I change it).
    Thanks for the suggestions though.

I'm not sure how to help, but one thing I do advise is to upload your innerspace folder and wow wtf & interface folders to something like google drive... really helps when things go wrong. I also do the same for my macro folder.

One thing to check would be UI Scale (found in System --> Advanced in WoW).

You could also check the config.wtf file for that character I suppose. ISBoxer keep individual ones for each character in your WTF folder. Open the file in notepad and look for a line saying: "SET gxFullscreenResolution". I had some random issues where clients were launching at odd resolutions and changing it in the WTF seemed to fix it for me. So for example most of mine say: SET gxFullscreenResolution "1920x1080".