Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Total Newb questions

I read part 1 and 2 of the newbie stuff. BUT I still do not know if I have to install WOW twice ( 2 different places?) since I am starting with (2) accounts. Or can I just open up WOW 2 times.

Also I have a pretty new PC 6700K OC 4.5 GHz and (2) 980 ti's 16 GB RAM and SSD do you all think that should work? I can get another 16 GB of RAM if necessary.

I am going to use ISBoxer

Thank you,

You install WoW once. ISBoxer handles opening it twice for you. You should be fine dual boxing with that hardware.

Also, I'd suggest using the ISBoxer wiki to get you started, specifically the WoW Quick Start Guide. Seeing as you mentioned having 2 GPUs, GPU Management may be important for you.

You do not need multiple installations. The reason people used to do that, to my knowledge, was to take advantage of multiple different Config.wtf files to run their game clients with different settings "automatically". However, ISBoxer virtualizes that file on a per character basis so there is no need to have multiple WoW folders. Older software solutions didn't have an equivalent option.

Your computer should do atleast 5 clients with relative ease. I have a 4770 (not even the K model) with 16GB RAM and a GTX1070 and I run 5 with 1 client on max settings, rest of on low. Also I've also been running up to 9 characters with all set to lowest possible graphics settings. In this scenario the first bottleneck I run in to is my RAM, but my CPU does not exactly like it either. I do know another boxer who runs 10x characters on a 6700k and says he gets fine performance. However I would point out that what people consider "fine" performance varies.