Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Loot distribution in a party

I've recently come back to multiboxing WoW and am finding distributing loot drops to my party a bit of a pain now that Master Looter is no longer a thing in 5-mans. Note: I'm still on old content.

I have loot set to FFA so I can just loot everything from my main character. I have Pawn so I can see what is an upgrade. I've also found another addon called Ravenloot, which can import Pawn scales, which automatically displays a loot window showing whether boss drops are an upgrade for each party member. It misses some drops though. However, there is a slash command you can run to get it to compare a linked item. I then need to manually transfer the item to the appropriate character, which is the part I find most frustrating.

Is there anything I am missing to help further automate this process? I've looked at RCLootCouncil but it requires being Master Looter and a raid, from what I can tell. I'd love to hear how others manage the process of distributing loot while in a multiboxed party. Is what I'm doing now the best method given that Master Loot is no longer a thing in parties?
    Last edited by Alge : 05-27-2017 at 12:39 AM Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

My only tip is do it at the end of the dungeon rather than stopping each time.

Depends when you're doing this gearing process, if we're talking early game (810-870) then I wouldn't bother going to the perfect stats since it doesn't matter, ilvl will outscale the secondary stats you get and the rate of upgrades is just too high to give a damn. If we're talking end game (905-925) then I just keep items that I believe are upgrades and at the end of the week or something I just go through determining whether it's better or not. From doing this you get a feel for what is better for your character (if you're stacking multiple of one class).

Another tip is look for key items that your characters utilise well and just pass those around (For me, Nightbane trinkets are a good starting point being BM hunters/resto druid). But to answer your question I usually just pass the ilvl around to get a nice spread of ilvl across my characters with a few exceptions when it starts reaching 900+ during which I start taking itemisation a little more seriously because that is the time when it starts mattering (outside of legendaries).

Thanks for the responses.

I added some Mapped Keys to my window switching Click Bar to open trade windows with other slots, which has sped things up a bit. Other than that, I may need to be less anal about optimising gear while I level.