Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Smile Vial of the Sands recipe + army of transmutation masters = easy gold

TL;DR Farm all the mats for VotS, sell the mount for ~50% market price, earn still tons of gold

Hola,

Vial of the Sands market price have doubled in one year; currently it's somewhere at 130,000g+ on most realms.
    As we are able to gather stuff much faster than a single character, I thought to try something..

One mount requires 12 Truegold, and 16 flasks. I'm not sure if people are aware of this, but Truegold is not on daily cooldown anymore, so if you have materials for it, you can craft it endlessly. The bottleneck here will be the lack of Volatile elements (120 fire, 120 air, 120 water), which are definitely the hardest grind here.

16 flasks ( 8x Flask of the Winds and 8x Flask of Titanic Strength ) require 64x Azshara's Veil, 64x Cinderbloom and 128x Whiptail. With multiple herbalists, these can be farmed very very fast. If you have 10 herbalists, one Azshara's Veil node grants you around 30x Azshara's Veil, so if you find 2 nodes of these, you're almost done with it already. They grow large in Tol Barad Rivers. In Tol Barad you'll also find numerous Cinderbloom spawns and (Rich) Pyrium deposits, which yield around 60+ ores for 10 miners. Uldum riversides in a middle is great for Whiptail. 4 nodes, and that's it.

While herbing, you will get tons of Volatile Life, and this is where your alchemist (preferably Transmutation Masters) alts come in to the picture. They can turn these Volatile Life to another Volatile elements (consumes daily CD), and this will help so much on gathering the materials for Truegolds.

Another place for fast Volatiles must be Bastion of Twilight 25man HC. Have your characters ungrouped, so each of them get their own instance. Drink Potion of Treasure Finding, toggle auto-run on all characters, so they body pull most of the mobs, aoe them, loot, run back outside, reset instance, repeat 10 times, log off when reached maximum instances per hour (save the potion timer for next grind). This should yield around 50-100 Tiny Treasure Chests per character, these chests together contain lots of Embersilk Cloth, more Pyrium Ores, 100-200 Volatile elements..

It's not much of a work after all, and you get the materials for the mount. Of course you need 29,000g for buying the vial and sands of time from vendor in Uldum, but if you sell the mount for 50% market price (I've sold a couple for 75,000g almost instantly) then it's still fast ( 46,000g - 3742,5g AH cut = ) 42,257g net as you farm all the materials by yourself.

People tend to buy low sell high, a lot. So if they keep buying these bargain mounts, then it's market price will drop over time. It's good to monitor the price daily and keep breaks if the profit goes too low. I'm quite sure that any TSM Sniper didn't catch my mounts, as two of them were up for half and hour, and third one a few minutes. Nevertheless, I think it's a fun way to earn quick bucks, especially if you're bored with demons already

10-boxing until instance lock (100 clears in total) - Total time farming spent less than 30 minutes - Breakdown:
    (161 Tiny Treasure Chests, the enchanting mats are only from DE Epics/Blues/Greens)

71 Maelstrom Crystal
    6 Heavenly Shard
    80 Greater Celestial Essence
    74 Lesser Celestial Essence
    408 Hypnotic Dust
    35 Volatile Water
    62 Volatile Life
    45 Volatile Fire
    66 Volatile Earth
    66 Volatile Air
    3698 Embersilk Cloth
    59 Elementium Ore
    60 Pyrite Ore

Raw gold (Looting during farming) (forgot to check)
    Raw gold ( Tiny Treasure Chests x161 ) 589 g
    Raw gold ( Elementium Lockboxes x16 ) 542 g
    Last edited by beeq : 05-13-2017 at 05:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I just got the recipe on Saturday and I've sold 5 already, am struggling to keep up. The farm isn't too bad although I am amazed anyone who isn't a multiboxer can be bothered with this.

I don't bother with Uldum at all I just grab the 5-6 Whiptail nodes in Tol Barad every time I run past looking for Pyrite. Cinderbloom is trivial it is everywhere and I usually just ignore the river and farm the Azshara's veil on the coast, again as I pass by looking for Pyrite.

For volatile water and fire I just farm normally outside and use potions of treasure finding which are great. In one hour of each I can get around 520-530 of the one I am farming and around 150-180 other volatiles and ~50 pyrite ore. For air I have been taking my team of 5 to ZG and just doing 10 kills on each of the hive boss just to the left of the entrance. Takes me just over 30 mins to do all 50 kills and gives 250 Volatile air, 250 volatile life and 250 twilight jasmine.

So an hour each on the volatiles and about another 2 hours on herbs, fish and pyrite gives me enough mats to make 4 mounts. I am selling for 100k. I really need to get alchemists sorted like you have to make it alot less farming.

I tried for Ages to get the vial of the sands pattern but the jars were being total shitters :P, i eventually gave up tho because the suramar hyper spawn is just insane right now and i'm pulling about 3mil a week from it

Quote Originally Posted by Nezreck View Post
    I tried for Ages to get the vial of the sands pattern but the jars were being total shitters :P, i eventually gave up tho because the suramar hyper spawn is just insane right now and i'm pulling about 3mil a week from it
    I started in azsuna and it was a real pita. Gave up for a couple of weeks until I saw the dig sites were in suramar so decided to try those and it was much easier. So maybe give it a try again when they are in suramar again.

You have WAY more luck than me at the suramar hyper spawn. Since I posted in the other thread I've kept track of boe drops with my 5 hunters. Have got 7 drops in 13.5 hours of farming. You sound like you get alot more than that.

Edit: Oh and I'm up to 7 sold now in 3 days.

that is some pretty rough Drop RNG to be honest :O, i'm running 8 toons atm at the farm and i get about 10-15 drops in roughly 5 hours average, and i sell at least 10 a day :O Are you on a low pop server? moving those is going to be dramatically slower on smaller servers, i play on proudmoore US, quite a large server

I'll have to keep at it see if my luck improves. Yeah low pop server they sell ok but nothing like 10 a day.