Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Halls of Valor - Hymdall Normal 110

So when I ran this instance at level 104-ish with my 4 Blood DK - Holy Priest group (each with one 945 legendary item, otherwise level-appropriate gear) I was able to clear it without too much trouble.

However, at level 110 (with ilvl 815-ish), I am banging my head against this encounter. I can get through 3 waves of the Horn of Valor AE but through attrition, I eventually lose.

I think it boils down to DPS, but I'm not sure how to improve it. Artifact grinding?

Any help would be appreciated.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

From my point of view, it seems to be a problem related to the gear. Because you're at ~815, I would suggest to do as much WQ as possible to reach ~850 then you'll see that the encounter will become much easier. It should be pretty fast to get to that ilvl. Beyond the normal difficulty, you're right in saying that you may want to start grinding AP. I will add to that; unlock your third relic, get two legendaries and do some M+ solo with each toon to gear them up a little bit more.

I wanted to post an update to my OP.

I was a complete noob when it came to my artifact. I didn't really understand how it worked and how to do my upgrades. I also was a fool when it came to my artifact research. However, since I had a lot of order hall resources saved up, it was a cinch for me to get to AR level 25, making AP grinding much easier. I am to the point where I am ilvl 850+ and can do all of the normal level dungeons that I have tried without difficulty (there are still a few that I haven't tried).

At this point, it is pointless to run normal dungeons as the quality of gear that they drop is lower than what I have equipped. At this point, I think that even Heroic dungeons are not going to drop much in the way of upgrades. I am still having trouble with Heroic encounters as I need to work on mechanics and movement more than on Normal (where I can just brute-force it).

I am in the process of unlocking my third relic slot as this will significantly improve my weapon ilvl. I am continuing to grind AP and World Quests. Any other tips for a beginner?

Yesterday a guildy hit level 110.. he ran his first heroic and got http://www.wowhead.com/item=144259/k...s-burning-wish at the end.. so I don't think running hc's now and then is a bad thing.

Good job! Happy for you that you were able to finish all the dungeons in normal mode. If you're 850+, I'd try to gear up the team to the next level by doing Mythics and focusing your WQs in the broken shores to also get nethershards. These shards will give you 880+ pieces, they are actually pretty easy to get (invasions, sentrinax, WQs). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Yesterday a guildy hit level 110.. he ran his first heroic and got http://www.wowhead.com/item=144259/k...s-burning-wish at the end.. so I don't think running hc's now and then is a bad thing.
    Wow! Duly noted, thanks for the information! I will likely continue to do Heroics as I do really need to work on my movement skills and strategies. My Disc Priest seems to be VERY squishy and I may have to level my Paladin team to accommodate for this. For now, I am trying to stay afloat with the Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by charly View Post
    Good job! Happy for you that you were able to finish all the dungeons in normal mode. If you're 850+, I'd try to gear up the team to the next level by doing Mythics and focusing your WQs in the broken shores to also get nethershards. These shards will give you 880+ pieces, they are actually pretty easy to get (invasions, sentrinax, WQs). Good luck!
    I have been doing Broken Shores WQ's and getting the caches for gear, but RNG has been very unkind to me. I seem to only get dauntless drops from them. Is getting higher ilvl drops from caches a rare thing? It is frustrating.

On my main solo Hunter she got 2 from her weekly chest in the class hall, one in a small treasure box in Suramar, the last from a legionfall supplies box.

I have been doing Broken Shores WQ's and getting the caches for gear, but RNG has been very unkind to me. I seem to only get dauntless drops from them. Is getting higher ilvl drops from caches a rare thing? It is frustrating.
    Yeah I should have specified that I suggested WQ in the Broken Shores just because they have (I think) higher rewards in terms of AP and they also give you Legion War Supplies. With the supplies, you can get caches that will give you nethershards. I guess my point is that you may not want to do WQ to get gear with a ilvl higher than ~850. M+0 and relinquished tokens (the ones you get from nethershards) will take you to the next level at 870-880. If you can't do M+0 with your team, maybe try at first to do the dungeons with LFG just to gear up a bit.