Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default 10boxing archaeology tips?

Halo,

I'm tempted to farm the Vial of the Sands recipe for any of my shaman as they are alchemists @ 780/800.
    They haven't learnt archaeology yet, and it's been a long time since I dug the ground on this basis. I remember dig sites being distributed horribly for a multiboxer, and even if each character got the same dig site, the arrows pointed different directions for any findings and so on.

My goal is just to get archaeology to 450 on all these characters, multiplying the chances on good Canopic Jar, but I'm not sure what things I should take in consider when leveling an army of diggers.. Have someone done this lately?

EDIT: I tried this yesterday and I'm quite happy with the results. Even that the leveling archaeology is slow, it helps to have multiple characters there. I made the dig surveys on main, but sometimes some of the slaves had the same dig site active. I broadcasted each survey to all windows while hunting the fragments, and once in a while slaves found some fragments before main did.

Looting a fragment have a small chance to spawn a mob, which drops more fragments (10-20) for up to 5 characters, and some green fragments to speed up solving the artifacts. Green fragments are not BoP in Legion either, so I traded them to my main to solve even faster.

I don't remember archaeology being so fun, so I'm looking forward getting it to 450 on all characters, and then heading up to Uldum for some Canopic Jar hunting

I started archaeology from 1/75 in Suramar dig sites. There were one dig site in North West, that fragments required skill level 550, but it was easy to remember to skip that site
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-26-2017 at 08:49 AM Reason: Formatting—Automatic Color Text

I actually got this on my main by turning it completed artifacts to the vendor in Dala and asking for the Tol'vir ones.. got it right away on my alchemist.. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I actually got this on my main by turning it completed artifacts to the vendor in Dala and asking for the Tol'vir ones.. got it right away on my alchemist.. just a thought.
    Nice, yeah I remembered the trading restored artifacts for fragments right after I solved some.. But the crates require arch level 600 and Uldum dig sites require only 450. I'm going to save all the Restored Artifacts until Tol'vir trading is possible

edit: Picked up the recipe from the 2nd jar ^^
    Last edited by beeq : 05-08-2017 at 05:38 AM