Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Sentinax farming tips - multiboxer perspective

Halo \ó

Most of us may be aware of about the trick, which makes mob farming super easy and fast. Shortly put: Kill/damage mobs before they scale HP against all the characters. I don't know the correct numbers, but if a mob have 1M HP, and you damage it on multiple toons with low damage spell (thus not one-shotting the mob) then the mob will multiply it's HP by amount of attackers. If you dmg it with 10 toons, it may suddenly have 10M max HP and so on.

The scaling affects only the percentage amount, so if your pull spells damage mob down to 50% before the scale, it scales its HP to 50% of 10M, so you'll have to dps only that remaining 5M HP instead of more.

I've been oneshotting mob packs that spawns from portals. I run 10 Havoc Demon Hunters, and whenever the portal spawns mobs, I have the toons aligned the way that I can Fel Rush x10 towards the portal, usually killing the whole pack at once. Then I have time to run away from the portal, align the toons again for next mob pack.. If Fel Rush is on CD, then I throw glaives which is also very strong pull spell when cast by multiple characters. (Fel Mastery, Bloodlet and Master of the Glaives talents help there a lot with the burst dmg)

It's super fast method, I believe at least mages could oneshot burst the packs down with multiple Supernovas, but the CD on that talent might be a bit too long even with 2 charges.

If you have multiple beacons with same colour, you can use one at first to check the location where the portal spawns with that coloured beacon, then just spam all the beacons with same colour on all toons, and you'll have an awesome farming spot for a long time, as the other beacons go to the "queue" and portal just keep pushing and pushing the mobs, waiting to be oneshotted with your team..

Quote Originally Posted by beeq View Post
    Halo \ó

Most of us may be aware of about the trick, which makes mob farming super easy and fast. Shortly put: Kill/damage mobs before they scale HP against all the characters. I don't know the correct numbers, but if a mob have 1M HP, and you damage it on multiple toons with low damage spell (thus not one-shotting the mob) then the mob will multiply it's HP by amount of attackers. If you dmg it with 10 toons, it may suddenly have 10M max HP and so on.

The scaling affects only the percentage amount, so if your pull spells damage mob down to 50% before the scale, it scales its HP to 50% of 10M, so you'll have to dps only that remaining 5M HP instead of more.

I've been oneshotting mob packs that spawns from portals. I run 10 Havoc Demon Hunters, and whenever the portal spawns mobs, I have the toons aligned the way that I can Fel Rush x10 towards the portal, usually killing the whole pack at once. Then I have time to run away from the portal, align the toons again for next mob pack.. If Fel Rush is on CD, then I throw glaives which is also very strong pull spell when cast by multiple characters. (Fel Mastery, Bloodlet and Master of the Glaives talents help there a lot with the burst dmg)

It's super fast method, I believe at least mages could oneshot burst the packs down with multiple Supernovas, but the CD on that talent might be a bit too long even with 2 charges.

If you have multiple beacons with same colour, you can use one at first to check the location where the portal spawns with that coloured beacon, then just spam all the beacons with same colour on all toons, and you'll have an awesome farming spot for a long time, as the other beacons go to the "queue" and portal just keep pushing and pushing the mobs, waiting to be oneshotted with your team..
    Something else ive been doing is cast a greater beacon then use lessers to extend the duration of the greater. If no one pops a lieutenant i can keep the greater portal spawning mobs for a long time. I find i gain a lot more shards this way than just spamming the lowly green portals.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

If people in your area are going solo just pop your guys in groups of 4 so everyone can get a tag.

Just means everyone can lure to the same portal and the shards per hour increase dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Something else ive been doing is cast a greater beacon then use lessers to extend the duration of the greater. If no one pops a lieutenant i can keep the greater portal spawning mobs for a long time. I find i gain a lot more shards this way than just spamming the lowly green portals.
    Good to know, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    If people in your area are going solo just pop your guys in groups of 4 so everyone can get a tag.

Just means everyone can lure to the same portal and the shards per hour increase dramatically.
    Aye, this is good to remember. For maximum tags of 9 you may run one party of four, and one party of five, but you need to make sure that party of four tags the mobs first (when doing the portal alone) (however, the "one-shotting" method will not work if the mobs scale the HP against the first party)
    Last edited by beeq : 04-10-2017 at 07:40 AM

This is what I've been doing too. I don't use all of my lessers at once though, but just pop one after each elite cycle. That way if someone horns in on your spot you can move or wait them out.

DANG IT! I did not know you could do this.. i had tons of greaters before the nerf.. now i have tons of the lessers and only a few greaters 8(
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

May I ask what group compositions are you guys and gals using for portal farming?

I've been there only with my Havoc Demon Hunters as mentioned in the first post, but I was thinking to zerg the place with 10 protadins, even though they are only at ilvl 804-810 and as tanks they deal very low damage, but they might survive a bit longer with some self heals

5 hunters.

Throw volley on and sit in front of portals very easy.

All fun till the silly green circle of death comes my way and i'm not paying attention.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

1 bear tank, 2 restoration druids, 6 affliction warlocks and 3 bm hunters. Just because they needed the gear really.

I love the warlock the most for farming.. stupidly strong and the self heals are <3.

5 Prot pals.. easy mode. 860ish GS
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )