Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Hehe I went there with 10 prot paladins (ilvl range 807-819), and to be honest, the whole time felt like cheating here and there. I have one button macro set up in ISBoxer (basically: cast anything that isn't on cd) and it appears to have great aoe healing and self healing so there is no downtime at all.

I found a spot where three portals kept spawning, greaters and lessers. I kept aggroing all the portals constantly as the IWT melee teams tend to run around a bit. They're also engineers 150+ so looting have never been more fun

Quote Originally Posted by beeq View Post
    Hehe I went there with 10 prot paladins (ilvl range 807-819), and to be honest, the whole time felt like cheating here and there. I have one button macro set up in ISBoxer (basically: cast anything that isn't on cd) and it appears to have great aoe healing and self healing so there is no downtime at all.

I found a spot where three portals kept spawning, greaters and lessers. I kept aggroing all the portals constantly as the IWT melee teams tend to run around a bit. They're also engineers 150+ so looting have never been more fun
    Its easy with 5, i can't imagine how easy it would be with 10!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Its easy with 5, i can't imagine how easy it would be with 10!
    Yeah it's ridiculously funny I have hard time finding beacons from the corpses though? It looks like the drop% have been re-nerfed to sheet.. I farmed there yesterday and since it was a raid night for most guilds, Broken Shore surely was a very quiet place.

I read on reddit that after the quest line you can spend 2000 shards for chests, which may contain supplies, AP, and.. more shards and what else.. People have reported that some chest yield whopping 100K nethershards! Well, that's one way to gear one character up to i880+ I just hope they don't make Broken Shore too much of a Timeless Isle.. as it was fun at the start, it got really boring place real soon.
    Last edited by beeq : 04-13-2017 at 02:30 AM

The portals only spawn two rounds of demons now instead of five.
    I don't know why these things get nerfed like this
    Last edited by Kayley : 04-14-2017 at 11:47 AM Reason: grammah

It appears there's a maximum extension limit for the portals. I spawned a greater carnage, then popped 10 green carnage beacons to extend it on each of my 5 man team. The portal stayed up the same amount of time as when I just used 1 green carnage on each. Also I tried spreading out the extensions, the portal actually disappeared without spawning any more right after one of my beacons was used. Would be nice if blizzard would provide some kind of concrete information on how this stuff works, a progress bar or something would be nice.

Agreed. I seemed to be getting at least 2 extensions consistently, but yes I've also used a beacon to no effect a few times.

I'm not a fan of sentinax farming tbh, but I felt forced to do it to catch up one of my teams. I think the intent with the faction tagging was to create a highly contested zone on pvp servers, but I suspect server hopping voided that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehtsuo View Post
    It appears there's a maximum extension limit for the portals. I spawned a greater carnage, then popped 10 green carnage beacons to extend it on each of my 5 man team. The portal stayed up the same amount of time as when I just used 1 green carnage on each. Also I tried spreading out the extensions, the portal actually disappeared without spawning any more right after one of my beacons was used. Would be nice if blizzard would provide some kind of concrete information on how this stuff works, a progress bar or something would be nice.
    Yeah this needs more testing though.. I managed to keep up a portal for quite a long time; First popped up the greater, then a few lesser once in a while, as in one after each wave, and portal just kept pushing mobs..

Once I did the same, that first one greater, and when mobs spawned, I spammed the lesser with same color on all my toons (possibly spent 40 lesser) and I got mobs which spawn rotating wangs that knockback you around, and retarded green circle appeared and that was it. Corpseran back just to notice that portal had gone.. mad much..

Today I might start opening those treasure chests (if the vendor is available after that last quest).. I got 130k+ nethershards for 65 keys O_o
    Last edited by beeq : 04-18-2017 at 06:14 AM

More changes inc. The constant tweaking around nethershards and sentinax is crazytown.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20653889

Rewards from the enemies summoned by Nether Portal Disruptors have been changed: These enemies should now drop significantly more Legionfall War Supplies and Dauntless tokens, but no longer drop Netherchunks or Tier 1 Sentinax beacons.
    • Developers’ notes: We want to make sure that Nether Portal Disruptors and the enemies they attract are lucrative and exciting without overshadowing other options so that players feel inclined to focus only on the Nether Disruptor for Broken Shore play. This should now be a solid extra to add to your activities when it’s available, rather than something to wait around for.

Farming for nethershards is a bit rough now I agree. I imagine down the road they'll lax it further when Tomb comes out due to the ilvl jump.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by rapstar View Post
    More changes inc. The constant tweaking around nethershards and sentinax is crazytown.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20653889
    A bit shame that the mobs from these portals can be tagged only by 5 players, but there's always some workarounds to add multiple tags..