Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Isboxer vs Hotkeynet performance

Has anyone who used both had any issues with game performance when using one of these compared to the other? For myself, I find I get better game performance/higher fps when using hotkeynet. I am able to tune the settings higher and still get consistently higher fps.

For ISboxer, I just ran the wizard to setup a proconfig character set and let ISboxer launch the game from a single install.

For Hotkeynet, I have 5 different game dir's set up with symbolic links to dir's Data and Addon folder. Hotkeynet is not able to launch the game itself since blizz added that ghost window that starts with the game. So I launch each game client separately and rename/position with hotkeys.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the games performance when using ISboxer. I tried adjusting CPU settings when running the wizard but that did not help.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecowboy View Post
    Has anyone who used both had any issues with game performance when using one of these compared to the other? For myself, I find I get better game performance/higher fps when using hotkeynet. I am able to tune the settings higher and still get consistently higher fps.
    It's probably because HKN doesn't run each game client at the same resolution, as ISBoxer does to allow for 1:1 mouse broadcasting.

It's easy to think that the smaller windows are actually running at a reduced resolution, when, by default, every window is, internally, running at the size of Region 1 in the Window Layout, and are then scaled down to fit into the layout.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the games performance when using ISboxer. I tried adjusting CPU settings when running the wizard but that did not help.
    If you want performance similar to HKN, then you can disable Instant Swapping, at the cost of losing 1:1 mouse broadcasting. From the Window Layout section of the HowTo: Tweak Your Framerate page of the ISBoxer Wiki:
    You may also want to run different game resolutions for each instance, e.g. 1 large normal resolution and several smaller resolutions. This is able to be done by disabling Instant swapping during the Window Layout Wizard, with one of the layouts that uses smaller windows.
    Afterwards, you can adjust the Cursor Positioning Mode, in your Repeater Profile, to scale "from center," in order to somewhat fix cursor positioning when broadcasting the mouse. However, this doesn't change the fact that running different resolutions will likely change the position of UI elements, possibly causing mouse broadcasting to be useless in some (or most) situations.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thank you for the response. That did make a difference.

If you aren't using the low/high detail macros including renderscale, you're gimping things under ISBoxer. I'd try that before giving up all the other myriad features it offers.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    If you aren't using the low/high detail macros including renderscale, you're gimping things under ISBoxer. I'd try that before giving up all the other myriad features it offers.
    Do you mean a macro that when you swap slots that it turns up the settings on the main window and turns down the settings on all other windows? I have that set up but I don't think I included the renderscale setting. I'll try that, thanks.

Do you mean a macro that when you swap slots that it turns up the settings on the main window and turns down the settings on all other windows? I have that set up but I don't think I included the renderscale setting. I'll try that, thanks.
    Yes. On my system, it made the difference between running the main at Ultra and 60fps versus struggling to maintain 40fps on high settings.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)