Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 44

Default Hotkeynet stopped working

Hello everyone,

EDIT: didn't work again this morning so this wasn't the fix. Ignore my resolution. It was only temporary

*******RESOLVED********
    I deleted both copies of HKN on both machines and then deleted the old script. I downloaded and installed HKN and then ran the generic sample script from the website. Changed the IP Address in the script and reload it. All my machines are running WOW again with no issues.
    ********RESOLVED********

I'm in need of some help. I have hotkeynet installed by using the sample script. I use this for dual-boxing in WOW. I had it working for a couple of years now and haven't had any issues. For some reason today it doesn't work.

I use 3 machines-3 accounts.
    Hotkeynet works as I can see each machine talking to each other with no errors. However when i open WOW now on both machines it doesn't work even though when I alt tab out both machines are successfully chatting with no error within Hotkeynet I have made no changes to the script other than IP address's in the past. It was working fine this morning till i came back from running some choirs. Scroll Lock is my toggle by default.

I'm not sure where to look to troubleshoot here. I don't think this is a Hotkeynet issue. I don't think its a WOW issue. My Firewall allows full access to WOW and Hotkey and I run Hotkeynet on both machines running them as administrator. I have wiped my WTF folder in WOW (longshot).

Any Thoughts on where to look?
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-06-2017 at 06:26 PM Reason: Merged

I hardly think it's a coincidence that we get 2 threads posted so close to each other with similar issues with scripts that were functioning fine previously.

It would appear that something in Windows has changed that makes Hotkeynet no longer function, or that is my best guess anyways. Using my 1PC script that was functioning perfectly before I can not get any keys sent to windows anymore either. This is not specific to WoW either, as the same issue is present when I try to send keys through HKN to Notepad. I've gone through all the SendWin modes and none of them appear to work anymore.

Not quite sure where to even start with this, so any input from HKN users (current or previous) would be appreciated. It might just be that some Windows update has broken the functionality needed and HKN has just come to the end of it's life...
    Last edited by Wubsie : 04-06-2017 at 04:09 AM

I found the solution that was posted confusing. This is all I had to do to get HotkeyNet working:

1. Delete all the HotkeyNet files (don't need to touch the script)
    2. Extract the files from the zip file to a new folder, NOT in Program Files
    3. Right click hotkeynet.exe, click Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"
    Last edited by Rafipi : 04-06-2017 at 06:39 AM

Huh... Interesting... I did try Right click --> Run as administrator, but that didn't seem to change anything. Perhaps I was using an incorrect SendWin mode at that time. Well, good that it's been resolved.

Default HKN and todays minipatch

Hi All

Long time HKN user, usually able to resolve any problems on my own but this one has me stumped.

When i launch my wow's they launch but a large grey box appears with no text and an "OK" button. The grey box is named "wow0", which is what the world of warcraft app was supposed to be renamed after launch.

It only started after i updated my wow today. The wow installs that i had forgot to update had launched normally but started doing the same behavior after i updated them.

If i remove from my script part of the Command LaunchAndRename "<RemoveWinFrame>" then the wows will launch but none of them are renamed and will receive no key broadcasts or resize and position correctly.

Windows did update 2 days ago, but i had no issues yesterday.

I have tried different admin settings, compatibility settings, used a fresh HKN install in a new directory, tried to launch wow manually then rename it with <RenameFromPath> (like you diablo users are familiar with). Nothing has worked.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, I just started some new toons and was very excited to play some horde on bleeding hollow this coming weekend. I'm not sure i have it in me to redo all my scripts/settings in new software.

Thanks in advance
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Rafipi View Post
    I found the solution that was posted confusing. This is all I had to do to get HotkeyNet working:

1. Delete all the HotkeyNet files (don't need to touch the script)
    2. Extract the files from the zip file to a new folder, NOT in Program Files
    3. Right click hotkeynet.exe, click Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"
    My fix was only a temp fix. I got it working again last night and post resolved. Played a bit on WOW multi-boxing and then logged for off. This morning I fired up both machines and bam back to sqaure one. HKN is working again on both machines but not in the game. I tried un/reinstalling HKN and running it as an admin still nothing. reloaded my script, created another script. Nothing. This is frustrating as it shows nothing in the logs and I don't know where else to look to see what is causing this

If you are multiboxing 4 wows, use a code for 5 wows...

I dont know why thix fixed for me, but now im boxing again

I had a similar problem with 7.2. I believe it's the patcher. You might see some hidden files in your main wow directory (.build.info, .patch.result, .product.db). Copying those into each folder got me past the issue, but I'm on OSX so it might not be relevant.

Hmm... nevermind. I misread the topic. Doubt this is relevant.

Hi there!

I got the same Problem... I tryed the same stuff noting works for me...

LG Arms

My money is on Blizzard having done something, I'd bet there was some kind of patch this morning in combination with the maintenance.
    Using hotkeynet I can control both Half-Life 2 & The Stanley Parable, as well as enter text in chrome. With WoW however I can't do more than rename the windows. Thus it's not something that's changed in Windows that's broken it.
    I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, last update received March 16'th. Tried disabling my antivirus which did nothing and I'm about to fire up my other computer in safe mode to see what happens there.

EDIT: CKS does work however, unfortunately it's not exactly a substitute.
    Last edited by r3tardbatman : 04-06-2017 at 05:10 PM