Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: RaF leveling

Default RaF leveling

Hey I just got a secondary account to RaF with my main and was just wondering how i go about controlling both of them at the same time while doing dungeons.

Hello and welcome to the exciting and sometimes frustrating world of multiboxing.

To control multiple game clients, you'll need some sort of multiboxing software. Most people nowadays use ISBoxer and it would be my personal recommendation as well, as it's just the absolute best out there in terms of functionality, user friendliness, flexibility, support and continued development. I feel I should point out that all other paid software solutions are (as far as I know) abandoned projects, so do not pay for anything else. If you're looking for a free alternative, I would suggest Hotkeynet.

Naturally all software solutions work different, so which one you choose defines what you'll have to do and how to get it all set up. Both HKN and ISBoxer have plenty of documentation and tutorials available, so you're in luck there. :P

*EDIT*

Hotkeynet no longer appears to function in Windows 10.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 04-06-2017 at 03:54 AM Reason: HKN Died, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Hello and welcome to the exciting and sometimes frustrating world of multiboxing.

To control multiple game clients, you'll need some sort of multiboxing software. Most people nowadays use ISBoxer and it would be my personal recommendation as well, as it's just the absolute best out there in terms of functionality, user friendliness, flexibility, support and continued development. I feel I should point out that all other paid software solutions are (as far as I know) abandoned projects, so do not pay for anything else. If you're looking for a free alternative, I would suggest Hotkeynet.

Naturally all software solutions work different, so which one you choose defines what you'll have to do and how to get it all set up. Both HKN and ISBoxer have plenty of documentation and tutorials available, so you're in luck there. :P
    I currently have 2 accounts, 1 main and 1 ''slave'' account which I solely have for the 300% exp. My main is a healer so I plan to level through LFD since I'll get fast queues. Any help on what I should do? As I have no idea ;P

What to do, as in... What toons to roll? How to play them? How to set them up? How to level? I need more specific questions to answer, or I'll be typing out a book's worth of stuff you're not looking for.

Also, currently there are issues with Hotkeynet it appears, so that appears to not be an option right now. For a free one, I guess Autohotkey would still be viable, although I have no experience with it myself.

What to do, as in... What toons to roll? How to play them? How to set them up? How to level? I need more specific questions to answer, or I'll be typing out a book's worth of stuff you're not looking for.

Also, currently there are issues with Hotkeynet it appears, so that appears to not be an option right now. For a free one, I guess Autohotkey would still be viable, although I have no experience with it myself.
    Sorry for not being specific. Basically all the questions you just mentioned.

Any tips? :P
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-07-2017 at 04:39 PM Reason: Merged

Eh... Alright...

What toons to roll?

Basically anything you want. In general you want to avoid specs that are more proc based. Some classes perform better than others (for example hunters are the usual top ranged for us), but I honestly think almost all of them are doable, my personal recommendation is playing specs you enjoy. Roles are up to you.

How to play them?

Depends on the software you choose, the specs you are playing and how much control over each toons individual abilities you want. Look at tutorials for ISBoxer, HKN, or whatever you choose. There's plenty of them around. Similarly Mirai has made a pretty cool tutorial series on multiboxing game play basics, available right here.

How to set them up?

Same as above.

How to level?

Quest and / dungeons. I would say instances are great up to around 100. After that I personally prefer quests, but again, personal preference.

Eh... Alright...

What toons to roll?

Basically anything you want. In general you want to avoid specs that are more proc based. Some classes perform better than others (for example hunters are the usual top ranged for us), but I honestly think almost all of them are doable, my personal recommendation is playing specs you enjoy. Roles are up to you.

How to play them?

Depends on the software you choose, the specs you are playing and how much control over each toons individual abilities you want. Look at tutorials for ISBoxer, HKN, or whatever you choose. There's plenty of them around. Similarly Mirai has made a pretty cool tutorial series on multiboxing game play basics, available right here.

How to set them up?

Same as above.

How to level?

Quest and / dungeons. I would say instances are great up to around 100. After that I personally prefer quests, but again, personal preference.
    What is my ''slave'' character supposed to be doing? Just following me around while I do everything on my main?
    Also how can I avoid using functions that are bannable? (thinking about using hotkeynet).
    Thanks for your input.